Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/27/2010 9:35am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Pistol Firing Techniques

There is always debate on how to hold a pistol. I have a front facing bent forward stance, with both palms pressed into the pistol, thumbs in the direction of the target.

I was trained by the US Border Patrol, and I am nasty with a pistol. I also compete with my Army unit. I finally got my civilian permit and purchased a HK USP .40 LEM (Law Enforcement Model).

Im curious as to what methods work for different people.

Also, what is your favorite pistol?

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    8/27/2010 11:44am

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought that pretty much the consensus today is that isoceles is the true way of the jedi and weaver is an early experiment. Taking Weaver to a competition is supposedly like taking JKD to the UFC.

I like 1911s. Because today for some reason pistols are all designed without a crisp trigger.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/27/2010 12:22pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its like im talking to a mirror. Triangle method is the only way. Also, the only reason I did not buy a 1911 is because I did not have the extra 600 for the Kimber I wanted. HK make brilliant weapons but nothing feels or looks like a 1911. To be honest there is no debate just the right way and the wrong one. I just wanted to get some sense of the statistics of it all.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/27/2010 12:36pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    I thought that pretty much the consensus today is that isoceles is the true way of the jedi and weaver is an early experiment. Taking Weaver to a competition is supposedly like taking JKD to the UFC.

I like 1911s. Because today for some reason pistols are all designed without a crisp trigger.
    You have learned much, my young Padawan. Seriously...it's the most efficient for squaring off with your target and indexing your hips. It's also good if you're wearing any sort of armor (soft or hard) to keep your vitals well protected--as most chinks in your body armor protection come from that "pocket" of space under your armpits from standard body armor--this area is very accessible to bullets when you get into the Weaver stance and present a nice 4-5" circular gap for bullets to enter into. Plus...Isosceles offers you standard, worry free movement that best resembles everyday walking...and, IMHO it's a more accurate platform to shoot accurately and instinctually under pressure.

Posted On:
    8/27/2010 2:39pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gamblesalot View Post
    Also, the only reason I did not buy a 1911 is because I did not have the extra 600 for the Kimber I wanted.
    Ronin, since you've owned yours longer than I've owned mine, I hereby give you first crack at telling him about affordable (and well-made) 1911s.

:wav:

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/27/2010 3:05pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: modern army combatives

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    everyone has their favorites. i stick with taurus :ninja2:

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/27/2010 3:07pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I heard Smith and Wesson makes a great 1911 as well, but that Colt and Springfield are slacking on material quality. But I am open for any testimonials either agreeing or refuting any of this.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    8/27/2010 4:21pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Can't say anymore than this really
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Flyweight

Posted On:
    8/27/2010 5:13pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gamblesalot View Post
    There is always debate on how to hold a pistol. I have a front facing bent forward stance, with both palms pressed into the pistol, thumbs in the direction of the target.

I was trained by the US Border Patrol, and I am nasty with a pistol. I also compete with my Army unit. I finally got my civilian permit and purchased a HK USP .40 LEM (Law Enforcement Model).

Im curious as to what methods work for different people.

Also, what is your favorite pistol?
    I always try to point the end that bullets come out of towards my target and that's worked pretty well for me so far. I haven't found a pistol I like to shoot better than my Sig; at least I know that when I miss it's definitely me, not the firearm.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    8/27/2010 6:20pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    Ronin, since you've owned yours longer than I've owned mine, I hereby give you first crack at telling him about affordable (and well-made) 1911s.

:wav:
    My 2 cents are pretty straightforward; you can save a lot of money going used but buy used from a reputable gunsmith's store.

In the event there is no such store, "Combat Handgunnery" edited by Massad Ayoob has got an extensive list of things you can check yourself on a used handgun you are considering buying.

I always recommend renting first so you can figure out what you like.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast