233462 Bullies, 3461 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 361 to 370 of 409
Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 273334353637 38394041 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Emevas is offline
    Emevas's Avatar

    Dysfunctionally Strong

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Minot AFB, ND
    Posts
    6,788

    Posted On:
    10/09/2010 12:37pm

    supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well what's the goal of the program? It's like a circuit training program but it's structured like a mass gaining one.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69
  2. Sri Hanuman is offline
    Sri Hanuman's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    6,492

    Posted On:
    10/09/2010 12:42pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Well what's the goal of the program? It's like a circuit training program but it's structured like a mass gaining one.
    Current goal is to shred the crap out of my love handles and abdomen, create definition in my shoulders, legs and arms, and definitely have a go at a solid 6 pack.

    I alternate front and side planks, push-ups, cross-crawls, crunches, and a whole lot of swiss ball crap into the routine every few days.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

    Dipshit
  3. Vorpal is offline
    Vorpal's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    A Hell of my own making
    Posts
    3,078

    Posted On:
    10/09/2010 12:45pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well my weight loss has gotten off to a flying stop. Someone please give me a "Lacks Self Discipline" tag.
  4. Sri Hanuman is offline
    Sri Hanuman's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    6,492

    Posted On:
    10/09/2010 12:47pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    Well my weight loss has gotten off to a flying stop. Someone please give me a "Lacks Self Discipline" tag.
    Yoo rakka discipline?
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

    Dipshit
  5. Emevas is offline
    Emevas's Avatar

    Dysfunctionally Strong

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Minot AFB, ND
    Posts
    6,788

    Posted On:
    10/09/2010 12:47pm

    supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sri Hanuman View Post
    Current goal is to shred the crap out of my love handles and abdomen, create definition in my shoulders, legs and arms, and definitely have a go at a solid 6 pack.

    I alternate front and side planks, push-ups, cross-crawls, crunches, and a whole lot of swiss ball crap into the routine every few days.
    No, I don't mean your goal, I mean what is the routine supposed to do. Is it something you've created, or is there a source for it?
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69
  6. Sri Hanuman is offline
    Sri Hanuman's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    6,492

    Posted On:
    10/09/2010 12:51pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    No, I don't mean your goal, I mean what is the routine supposed to do. Is it something you've created, or is there a source for it?
    At this point I have a shitload of books with various routines, but I'm not following anything specifically written down.

    I read that the interval running is supposed to boost your metabolism, which is why I do that, in hopes of trimming excess body fat.

    The rest of it is pretty much for body building. I'm mashing Nate Green's Built for Show, and Brungardt's Essential Abs into one workable routine.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

    Dipshit
  7. Emevas is offline
    Emevas's Avatar

    Dysfunctionally Strong

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Minot AFB, ND
    Posts
    6,788

    Posted On:
    10/09/2010 12:58pm

    supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, attempting a mass building routine a calorie deficit isn't going to have the greatest results. Interval running can boost your metabolism, yes, but it's going to wreck your gym performance as well, as it's a CNS intensive exercise right before you exert yourself. If you MUST lift and run at the same time, I'd run after lifting. And if you're using lifting to cut fat rather than build strength, I'd consider some circuit training. You aren't going to be building any mass during this phase, and a mass building routine is just not as advantageous as a strength building or circuit one.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69
  8. Sri Hanuman is offline
    Sri Hanuman's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    6,492

    Posted On:
    10/09/2010 1:02pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Well, attempting a mass building routine a calorie deficit isn't going to have the greatest results. Interval running can boost your metabolism, yes, but it's going to wreck your gym performance as well, as it's a CNS intensive exercise right before you exert yourself. If you MUST lift and run at the same time, I'd run after lifting. And if you're using lifting to cut fat rather than build strength, I'd consider some circuit training. You aren't going to be building any mass during this phase, and a mass building routine is just not as advantageous as a strength building or circuit one.
    Thanks for the advice.
    I guess I still have a whole lot to learn about the way the body works.

    Just curious, does the average college level nutrition course cover this information?
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

    Dipshit
  9. Emevas is offline
    Emevas's Avatar

    Dysfunctionally Strong

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Minot AFB, ND
    Posts
    6,788

    Posted On:
    10/09/2010 1:14pm

    supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, this isn't even a question of nutrition but of training. That said, I took a college course on nutrition which was much more oriented on proper vitamen consumption than how to manipulate the body via nutrition. I tend to stay away from nutrition theory aside from the very basics for the most part, and weight training I stick with Pavel, McRobert, Dave Tate, Paul Kelso, Louie, reliable names.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69
  10. Sri Hanuman is offline
    Sri Hanuman's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    6,492

    Posted On:
    10/09/2010 1:23pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks dude. Pavel Tsatsulin by chance?
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

    Dipshit

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.