Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 172324252627 2829303137 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/21/2010 7:28am

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    my weigh in sorry I am a day late.

Just for all the Australian Bullies that compression vest is a Slazenger Bioslyx that I picked up from Big W for $25 on sale. Normally they are about $40 the first one I had is still going after 6 months of training and tubbing constantly.

Also the other thing I have learned is train in good shoes if you can the difference they made in avoinding knee and ankle problems for me was quite suprising.

Side shot Yeah! look at my muscles.

so far I have lost 8 pounds since the start of this comp.

Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    9/21/2010 8:04am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     Dale Dugas Herbs: The Best Chinese Herbs & The Best Jow for the Best Price! Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I want to see what I can do with my weight as well.

I have cut down from 320 to 275. I want to try and get down to 250 and see what that looks like.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    9/21/2010 8:14am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sri Hanuman View Post
    Wife-plowing is a rigorous, demanding sport.
    Last warning monkey man. Jokes are fine as long as you include commentary on the thread topic. Otherwise, it YMAS time.

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    9/21/2010 1:58pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Finally some images to prove I'm not completely full of ****. Unfortunately I don't have pics from when I was 87.5kg but here's a pic of me @85.7kg a few minutes ago.

Hi guys!

And visual proof of said weight:

Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

Posted On:
    9/22/2010 6:50am

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Diet is going well, i found an error i was making and fixed it. I've been kind of lazy with calorie counting and haven't been adding in the 12 fish oil tablets or the fruit plus veggies, slightly decreased total calorie consumption in other meals to account for it (-250 cal).

Fruit binging is a bit of a problem for me, i absolutely love fruit and so does my girlfriend so I've been eating nearly a serving per meal. The problem with fruit being the main source of carbohydrates is that it doesn't replenish muscle glycogen, only the liver. When the liver glycogen is full all the fruit sugar pretty much gets turned to fat.

I've started taking a serving a day of artificial sweetener to hit that fruit craving and its been working out well. I am a little worried about the long term effects of eating this stuff but all the studies I've read haven't shown problems so i'll give it a short term try and then stop using it when i go into bulk or maintenance.

Something interesting i noticed tonight is that my stomach has shrunk considerably, I used to be able to shovel down 4 big plate fulls of food in a sitting if i was hungry enough but now when i eat 2/3 of a plate my stomach hurts from the lack of room. I'm putting this down to the much smaller volume of food i've been eating (high fat, low calories, 4 small meals). It makes for interesting quantity control.
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon

Posted On:
    9/22/2010 10:04am

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You'll replenish muscle glycogen with fruit. Fructose isn't the only sugar found fruit -- fruit sugars are a mixture of fructose, glucose and sucrose (a disaccharide composed of glucose and fructose) that varies by fruit. High fructose corn syrup and the like are bad, but natural fruit isn't -- especially within a couple of hours of workout.

Posted On:
    9/22/2010 5:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alright, you'll replenish a little muscle glycogen with fruit but considering most fruit is over half fructose the majority is potentially turning to fat. A rather minor issue if you have a lot of fat to lose, but when you are shooting for under 10% body fat the little things add up.

This article explains it fairly well http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/issa14.htm.
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon

Posted On:
    9/22/2010 6:30pm

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I understand the biochemistry. Scroll down to table 1 here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fructose The fructose content of fruits varies pretty widely. And the more fibrous fruits, like apples, have some pretty cool benefits, especially things like the soluble fiber pectin.

If you're shooting for sub 10%, I guess I can see it (you could just go keto if you can stand it, or carb cycle -- best of all worlds). But for most people whole fruit is a pretty good choice. Especially versus other kinds of snack choices.

Posted On:
    9/23/2010 12:43am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm already carb cycling. I don't intend to cut out fruit completely, just reduce it to a more reasonable level. 20% of my calories a day coming from fruit is not a reasonable level.

Keto diets are awesome for fat loss, in the past I've cut about 3 times faster using a full keto diet than i am now by just reducing carbs and making the majority fall in PWO meal. Unfortunately keto diets are pure hell for Muay Thai training, there is no point making weight to then gas out in the first round of the fight.
    Kenny Weldon

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    9/23/2010 10:42am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've accidentally dropped down to 190.5. I didn't want to hit this till around november. I've been cheating like mad, and it's not working. I think I'm subconsciously sabotaging myself, in that when I eat poorly for one meal, I'll be too strict for my remaining meals.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69