Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/27/2010 2:56pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by helmutlvx View Post
    Because you may have forgotten, I'll remind you.

Do you have any knowledge of the Chinese language?
    yes a little bit, ive been studying it for a few months now preparing for my journey. And im a very fast learner.

Posted On:
    8/27/2010 3:04pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcasse101 View Post
    I have 2 years experience in JKD. I am trying to get taught Wing Chun or JKD everyday training for a year in China. I notice a lot of the shoalin schools are pretty good at advertising but it seems like its more acrobatics and gymnastics. Im looking for combat martial arts and contact sparring training and extended applications. Cant anyone suggest any Wing Chun schools where i can live for about a year and train? Its my dream, but its been very hard finding GOOD wing chun schools. Oh and i would do JKD in china as well but that seems to be more rare in terms of living abroad for a year and everyday training. I never been there, so im not sure what schools are good or even there. Any schools in wing chun or JKD in china that isnt wicked expensive, please let me know.
    Why the hardon for WC? If that's what you have your heart set on fine, but if you're going to china to learn a combat art why not try sanda? I'm sure the chinese have many better combat styles to offer than WC.

Posted On:
    8/27/2010 3:27pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jspeedy View Post
    Why the hardon for WC? If that's what you have your heart set on fine, but if you're going to china to learn a combat art why not try sanda? I'm sure the chinese have many better combat styles to offer than WC.
    Well its just because i studied JKD so it would be great to study the original form in which its based off of. And hmmm you are right, there are other combat styles. What other ones would you suggest are good close combat styles. Sorry im a little rusty. There are so many different styles, i just dont want to be taught "acrobatics", i want to learn real self defense. Any other styles you suggest beside Sada? which i must say is pretty bad ass =)

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/27/2010 3:28pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well its just because i studied JKD so it would be great to study the original form in which its based off of.
    Then you should also study Judo, TKD, Boxing, wrestling do I need to go on...?

Posted On:
    8/27/2010 3:34pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Then you should also study Judo, TKD, Boxing, wrestling do I need to go on...?
    Im sorry i must have once again worded my question wrong. What other KUNG FU styles might be good to learn? TKD i took already and im not fond of korean styles. They dont work good for me. And wresting is too commercial like MMA everyone thinks they can fight cuz they can put u in a choke hold.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2010 3:43pm

Style: TKD BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Im sorry i must have once again worded my question wrong. What other KUNG FU styles might be good to learn? TKD i took already and im not fond of korean styles. They dont work good for me. And wresting is too commercial like MMA everyone thinks they can fight cuz they can put u in a choke hold.
    The problem is that you keep saying 'combat' and 'wing chun' in the same breath, and while I won't speak for the others I find that pretty darn funny.

Since you insist on wing chun/kung fu, etc. - how about telling us where in China you plan on going? That might narrow down the search, since China is a big place. There are some people in the forums here who live in China, and may be able to help.

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    8/27/2010 3:46pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    really? I said that chinese wing chun is better? Can you show me please where i said that cuz id like to know. I hate people trying to make assumptions of my skills, intentions and what im looking for. I want to go to china where it was originated from and i want to experience their culture and way of living at the same time.

"patriotism is a virtue of viciousness" o.w.

你不能到那个武术从来的中国路行。它死了。
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/27/2010 4:02pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ....and kungfu isn't all commercial? Hahahahahaha:

irony ftw?

I'm responding to your assertion that you wanted to learn the basis of JKD. JKD's base is HUGE.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2010 4:05pm

Style: Working out

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This site is a pathetic joke or the people on it are, i came here asking a simple question. Not for people's opinions, assumptions, putting words in my mouth, talking down to me or for FAVORS.

I asked WHAT ARE GOOD WING CHUN SCHOOLS IN CHINA, is it that SO hard?!?!!?!?!?!?!?

The reasons and opinions of why i want to train in china is no one's personal concern but mine unless i choose to share. The ignorance here is very childish. And what knowledge has this thread given me besides trying to make me look like an asshole?
    Well aren't you cranky
    You are the ignorant one son not us...

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    8/27/2010 4:15pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For the record, I get the impression that Wing Chun is bigger in the US than in China itself. When I was training in China, I never once heard someone mention or see someone do the 'Chun.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast