Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm still in love with my $400 Rock Island 1911 and cheapo $8 magazines. I've fired every cheap piece of ammo I can out of it, and still no issues. I'm thinking of picking up a 3" model for my CWP.

Not related to the topic at hand, but I saw a discussion on cheap 1911s and went for it.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I'm still in love with my $400 Rock Island 1911 and cheapo $8 magazines. I've fired every cheap piece of ammo I can out of it, and still no issues. I'm thinking of picking up a 3" model for my CWP.

Not related to the topic at hand, but I saw a discussion on cheap 1911s and went for it.
    Exactly what I was thinking Ronin might've mentioned.

I wish I could similarly brag about my Rock's reliability, but I haven't been able to afford ammunition or range time to test it. Like an idiot, I bought JHPs early because I forgot to think in terms of break-in period...and then made a thread about it in the Armory (even saying I got a great deal when in fact I got screwed). :XXfridge:

As I told Moose in an IM, "I need a paper target to Gong Sau me so I can take up a collection." That, or I need to find someone who'd be willing to trade some factory ball for my factory JHPs.

EDIT: Thursday marked one year since I started taking Creatine Ethyl Ester, practically curing my chronic fatigue with the first dose. Emevas, I owe you and the other PT forum luminaries more than I could ever repay. As I said to Moose in a different IM:
    Quote Originally Posted by IM Conversation with Moose
    Me: If I wasn't so hard up for cash, I'd sponsor the PT forum and slap my endorsement across the top.
    Moose: That's expensive, lol
    Me: Then maybe I'd just by Emevas and the guys a box each of decently tasty protein bars.
    Last edited by Robstafarian; 8/28/2010 12:10am at .

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

HK - just plain awesome

This weekend I gave my USP .40 a proper testing and fired around 200 rounds through it. At 25 ft., my groups were one inch or less, and at 250 ft., I put 10 out of 10 on a man-sized silhouette. So that basically confirms that HK is the business. Just felt like sharing that. I might do some video of that.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gamblesalot View Post
    This weekend I gave my USP .40 a proper testing and fired around 200 rounds through it. At 25 ft., my groups were one inch or less, and at 250 ft., I put 10 out of 10 on a man-sized silhouette. So that basically confirms that HK is the business. Just felt like sharing that. I might do some video of that.
    Yep...I'm an unapologetic HK fanboy. Everything they make is pretty damn good. Well engineered....and well, I shoot everything that they make really damn well.

7 Yard, 100 Round Burst from my MP5-N.
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...5463949291031#
    Last edited by Lord Skeletor; 8/30/2010 6:11am at .

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Woooow. I cannot believe how tight that group is, given you just full autoed a hundred rounds.
    Best Vietnam War music video I've ever seen put together by a vet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDY8raKsdfg

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only weapon I've ever been able to keep a tight group with on automatic is an MP7, which basically has zero recoil. Pretty amazing shooting there.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
    The only weapon I've ever been able to keep a tight group with on automatic is an MP7, which basically has zero recoil. Pretty amazing shooting there.

You should try a TMP. Those things are accurate little buzzsaws. I can write my name with my MP5. They're stupid accurate.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Skeletor View Post
    You should try a TMP. Those things are accurate little buzzsaws. I can write my name with my MP5. They're stupid accurate.
    I've played around with the SD variant, but I'm not all that comfortable with it, being a pretty stubborn southpaw. I can shoot an M4 pretty well right handed, but I feel like a slug with anything else. My days of dicking around with novel weapons are coming to a close, sadly. Grandpa has to go do some strategic time now.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Isosceles. It's the stance you will "naturally" take under stress anyway...may as well go with it.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I use the grip Hugo showed as well. This weekend I worked on my presentation motion and upped my score from sharp shooter to well into the expert zone (USMC; 25, 15, 7 yard COFs)....we shoot M9, old beat up M9s. Actually a really good pistol if it weren't for the long and heavy trigger pull.

I went to get a .40 USP for my first handgun but all they had were used ones. Walked out of the shop with a Sig 9mm and have been very happy with it.

Do any units still use MP5's? My buddy's team (Team 2) stopped using MP-5's right when he got there in favor of the M4 (around 2002-2003).

USMC is looking at getting into HK 416, which will be really nice (and unlikely to actually happen), but I think it should be a weapon in its own merit, and not a replacement for the SAW.

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last