Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/27/2010 5:15am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: nin jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

wu ji chuan changes its name to wu ji san shou

Wu ji chuan freestyle kung fu has changed its name after I reported them to the sports centre they were teaching at. After I attempted to summon them to the small claims court the school changed its name to wu ji san Shou and went to another school in town. I then wrote to the owner of the second venue they were training at and they had to leave there as well.
    It seems that wu ji chuan did not hold up to much scrutiny and those venues are not prepared to offer their venue to people who have been lying to, or cheating students. However I am afraid that he will just keep changing his name and moving somewhere else. Unfortunately my claim is now out of date so I can no longer pursue him for a refund. Is he still lying to students I only recently noticed that he was claiming to have won many title fights on face book?
    Can someone be stopped from teaching martial arts altogether? Is it the right thing to do to pursue the school after I have left long ago? Do I have a moral obligation to inform the present students?
    He is now teaching at Sussex University where I used to study, this is where I was picked up by them long ago. He always used to avoid answering questions about his achievements and I think that pressing him for a refund really proved he was a liar!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2010 5:47am

Style: Wujichuan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Douglas,

I don't know if this is any use to you, but Wu Ji Chuan should consist of the following components.

On a personal note i think that you should do all you reasonably can to unsure that this type of activity is exposed for what it is.

A Brief introduction of Wu Ji Boxing
    Wu Ji boxing comes from the “Yi Jing” or ”Book of Changes”.
    Taiji is born from the state of Wu Ji (complete nothingness, or complete harmony with the universe). Yin Yang, or a single continuous line running from one point across to another, is born from the state of Taiji. (Taiji gives rise to Yin Yang) A single line stretching between 2 points gives rise to a surface area or square. (Yin Yang gives rise to 4 directions or surface area)
    A surface area or square gives rise to 8 trigrams or a 3 dimensional cube. (4 directions give rise to 8 trigrams or 8 directions)
    “Wu Ji” are the martial applications and techniques handed down from Wu’s ancestors.

An illustration of Wu Ji boxing
    After we finish our training in the elementary level of Wu Ji, we have two Disciplines, one of which is called Hun Yuan and the other is called Ba Gua Zhang.

The training system incorporates:
    Wu Ji Health Exercise System.
    Wu Ji Standing Postures
    Wu Ji 12 single movement training
    Wu Ji leg and root training
    Hun Yuan Discipline ↙ ↓ ↘ Ba Gua Discipline
    Wu Ji’s 18 rules

Hun Yuan Palm (1) Wu Ji internal strength secret Ba Gua Palm’s Upper body work/ upper body energy

Hun Yuan Palm (2) Wu Ji medical knowledge skills Ba Gua Palm’s Root and leg work/ root and leg energy

Hun Yuan Palm (3) Wu Ji Dim Mak or acupoint striking Ba Gua Palm’s 9 cross- pattern footwork

Hun Yuan Palm (4) Ba Gua Palm’s Spirit and energy training

Wu Ji’s methods of diet and nutrition

Soft silk palm technique
    Cloud hands palm
    Silk pulling palm technique
    Explosive palm technique

Wu Ji elementary level

The middle-aged and the elderly can also practice Wu Ji’s Health Exercise System and Wu Ji’s 6 essential guiding principles.
    Wu Ji’s five-animal boxing forms (Wu Qin Xi) including:
    Head rotations, Crane drinking, Wolf observes all directions, Hen sleeps and Ape reflexes.
    Wu Ji’s 32 body building boxing: in addition to the 5 aforementioned animal forms, it also includes: Opening the trunk energy and internal splitting energy.

Wu Ji Standing Postures (for juveniles)
    Leg and root training and energy/power training (for juveniles)

Wu Ji intermediate level
    According to one’s body condition, there are two disciplines. The Ba Gua discipline is for those who don’t have high blood pressure, and includes:
    Upper body work/ upper body energy work
    Root and leg work/ root and leg energy work, 9 cross-pattern footwork and Spirit and energy training (more information can be found in the form treatise).

The Hun Yuan discipline’s foundations are based on internal energy. The first set of Hun Yuan Palm, the second set, the third and the fourth can be found in the form treatise.

Internal applications and techniques

1. Internal secrets: internal elementary training methods.
    2. Dim Mak or acupoint striking (please refer to the Form treatise).
    3. Medical knowledge skills:
    Martial artists should be aware of proper diet and nutrition and watch what they eat and what their meals are composed of.
    Internal applications and techniques are practiced by both schools – Hun Yuan and Ba Gua.
    4. Wu Ji’s 18 rules are the main applications and techniques of Wu Ji’s internal skills. Internal skills can also improve the practitioners’ external skills.
    In the beginning, people can work on their internal power by means of external exercises. When they get to a certain stage with their internal energy work, they should then focus on working on their internal skills and energy to improve their external skills.

Good luck douglas.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2010 6:07am

Style: Wujichuan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Note to IIF,

I can't seem to send you a PM, and having checked i can't seem to find any guidelines anywhere so if you don't mind i have a little question...

I realise that you will at some point ask for sources so...
    Source for the above: Translation of original source documents by DoubleDragon Translations (shanghai) commissioned by me, and myself.
    Original source documents are available as scanned copies.

I wonder how Bullshido would like original documentation dealt with in view of the fact it is highly unlikely that many can read original script. Is my own translation acceptable? How do Bullshido deal with non googleable source material, unpublished and previously untranslated materials?

Appreciate your time in answering,

Kind regards,

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/27/2010 9:28am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinophile View Post
    Note to IIF,

I can't seem to send you a PM, and having checked i can't seem to find any guidelines anywhere so if you don't mind i have a little question...

I realise that you will at some point ask for sources so...
    Source for the above: Translation of original source documents by DoubleDragon Translations (shanghai) commissioned by me, and myself.
    Original source documents are available as scanned copies.

I wonder how Bullshido would like original documentation dealt with in view of the fact it is highly unlikely that many can read original script. Is my own translation acceptable? How do Bullshido deal with non googleable source material, unpublished and previously untranslated materials?

Appreciate your time in answering,

Kind regards,
    Unpublished? Just provide the source and scan the documents. We have enough Chinese speakers that they can back up your information.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/28/2010 1:33pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: nin jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the reply, i think i make the mistake of think its all about the respect you get from making claims like that but i would like to know how much money he made from his class, he used to have alot of students. He was too rude anyway even if he was a friggin master he was a bully and an asshole.

He had no respect for people and was the most self centered person i have ever met.

Posted On:
    3/03/2011 9:21am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Freestyle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinophile View Post
    Hi Douglas,

I don't know if this is any use to you, but Wu Ji Chuan should consist of the following components.

On a personal note i think that you should do all you reasonably can to unsure that this type of activity is exposed for what it is.

Good luck douglas.
    Hello Sinophile

I am pleased to see other students of Wuji in practice, but as a school other than your own is the subject of your predetermined criticism here I would like to make some comment.
    The list you have provided seems useful but it must be noted that this list pertains to a structure of teaching of your teacher. Although I understand that such poetic metaphor such as pearls, diamonds and silk are designed to initiate contemplation in the student they can also fall foul of confusion and myth propagation. Unless that is, the teacher who structured these headings is available for clarification.
    The temples original chambers, for example, were tailored to different aspects of skill and learning and to different students abilities and requirements. What for instance do you know of Golden Bell?
    If two blind people feel an elephant, one who holds the trunk another who holds the leg, they may well describe a very different animal.
    If Wuji is the source of creation, then can a jazz musician or stone age cave paintings be judged by a set formula and a certificate of competency?

Please also refer to this thread

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/for...ad.php?t=85233

Posted On:
    4/29/2011 7:03pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Douglas has mental health problems, and has developed a fixation with attempting to discredit sifu Show.
    The reason for changing training venues had nothing to do with Doug.
    I have known both Doug and Show for many years and can assure you if I was to believe one over the other it would be the one without the voices shouting at him in his head^^

I don't expect people to take my word for it, but how about this; copied and pasted is a reply to Dougs rantings in different forum, from another of Shows old students
    James Goyder
    Registered Mapper

Derrek is called Dougie and has mental health issues, he has accused members of the Wuji class of reading his mind etc etc and has an obsession with Show.

I'm an MMA journalist, I've written for Combat Magazine, Fighters magazine, Fighter's Only, Bloody Elbow, 5oz of Pain etc etc and have written MMA articles for newspapers such as Manila Standard Today and The Independent.

I work as an adviser for Martial Combat, ESPN Star Sports new MMA show which is broadcast to 24 Asian countries. I have been following martial arts for years and have done a handful of pro Muay Thai fights, albeit at a very low level of opposition.

I'm just trying to establish my credentials here.

Show's an excellent teacher and a very gifted martial artists. I've worked with guys like Jomhod and Saenchai and I would put Show at close to this level in terms of natural ability, he has just never made the most of it in terms of a mainstream fighting career.

The idea that someone could become a proficient cage fighter due exclusively to 'genetics' and that their teacher deserves no credit is ridiculous.

As someone already stated on this thread the fact that some of his students have enjoyed moderate success in MMA bouts tells its own story, none of these guys were training more than a couple of times a week when they fought either.

I know a lot of pro fighters, Muay Thai and MMA, and I would have no hesitation in recommending Show to any of them as a teacher.