Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/16/2010 8:24am

Style: Krav Maga/ Judo noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn View Post
    I'm no expert on Del-Ton, but just Googling around, I'm seeing $750 MSRP for their complete rifles. I would expect those to go for something between $600 and $700 based on that, not $400. I see $400 quoted all over for Del-Ton uppers . . . .

In any case, that's a moot point. I'm not talking about people saying the Mini-14 is OK but there are better options out there if you're looking for a new rifle; I'm talking about people talking about the Mini-14 like it killed their pa.

A Corvette is cheaper than a 911 and in terms of performance is equal or better by many measures. That doesn't mean that people who buy Porsches are doomed, and it sure doesn't mean Porsches are junk.
    A mini 14 is no were near the same league as an AR-15. It's like compairing A base hunting Remington 700 with a FN FAL and saying but they both shoot .308. two different productes for different applications. The Mini-14 was designed to be a .223 version of the Garand. it's sole purpose is an iron sighted ranch/varmint rifle. A properly built AR-15 is just as effective and customizable combat/patrol carbine as an M4.

It's like comparing a Camaro built for a 1/4 mile with a Vett built for a 500 because they have the same engine.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/16/2010 8:25am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    I've been trying out the Magpul Pmags for my AR and they seem quite sturdy. They run around $12 or so for a 30rd.
    Pmags are the heat. I love me some windowed Pmags.

Posted On:
    10/18/2010 8:52am

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn View Post
    I'm no expert on Del-Ton, but just Googling around, I'm seeing $750 MSRP for their complete rifles. I would expect those to go for something between $600 and $700 based on that, not $400. I see $400 quoted all over for Del-Ton uppers . . . .
    Ere' you go!

http://www.del-ton.com/AR_15_Rifle_Kits_16_s/57.htm

They have several kits for under $500, but you have to supply your own stripped lower (the only part that you need to buy through an FFL). Those can be found for a song if you're patient and savvy.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    10/19/2010 4:28am

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    It sure does. It's what our MBR's held Before we made the switch to an intermediate cartridge specifically so we could carry MORE bullets. ;D

Aw, I'm just busting yor chops at this point.

Though I've heard that the after market mags for the Mini14 are less than stellar. So if you buy a 30 rounder for it, Caveat emptor bro!
    I wouldn't personally use a 30 rounder because I'm all about old and historical stuff. It is more hardcore.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Posted On:
    10/19/2010 6:45am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    I wouldn't personally use a 30 rounder because I'm all about old and historical stuff. It is more hardcore.
    More "hardcore" would be manning up and running with a real M1a instead of it's deformed midget cousin.

7.62mm baby. It's what's for dinner.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/19/2010 10:22am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    That's like saying you would sleep with the original star of Debby does Dallas instead of the new one because it's more hard core. Either way your still screwing some thing old and out dated.

Posted On:
    10/19/2010 11:24am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mad_malk View Post
    That's like saying you would sleep with the original star of Debby does Dallas instead of the new one because it's more hard core. Either way your still screwing some thing old and out dated.
    No to mention, the only "old history" the Mini 14 has is it's record as the standard issue rifle of the A-Team.

Hey! So that's why they never hit anybody they shot at! It all makes sense now...

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    10/19/2010 12:19pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But if you did do that out of historical interest you would be undeinably hardcore.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson

Flyweight

Posted On:
    10/19/2010 12:20pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's like saying you would sleep with the original star of Debby does Dallas instead of the new one because it's more hard core. Either way your still being screwed by some thing old and out dated.
    ftfy. :qleft2:

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    10/19/2010 12:20pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    More "hardcore" would be manning up and running with a real M1a instead of it's deformed midget cousin.

7.62mm baby. It's what's for dinner.
    I *would* like a Garand. I guess I'm too cheap to buy one.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast