Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/31/2010 6:24am

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL!

There are a ton of good AR forums out there. AR15.com and M4carbine.net being two of them. If you do not frequent them...start now.

Now im off to verify my 200yd zero. ;)

Posted On:
    8/31/2010 10:23am

Style: Les Mills Bodycombat™

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    I wish I could do that. :o

I'd try Schlitz.
    I wouldn't bother.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    8/31/2010 10:52am

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by adouglasmhor View Post
    I wouldn't bother.
    But it's mentioned in a lot of Vietnam War memoirs I've read, and at the same time I've never seen it.

I really love history and try to have historical experiences whenever possible.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Posted On:
    8/31/2010 10:54am

Style: Les Mills Bodycombat™

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Next tiem you have a bath, keep some of the water back, stick it in a glass bottle or a can, chill it mix it 50/50 with sparkling mineral water and drink it while still cold. That is what it used to taste like.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    8/31/2010 11:01am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by adouglasmhor View Post
    Next tiem you have a bath, keep some of the water back, stick it in a glass bottle or a can, chill it mix it 50/50 with sparkling mineral water and drink it while still cold. That is what it used to taste like.
    Damn, I'm going to have to see if I can order it from an online liquor supplier. You've really piqued my curiosity.

So, on the subject of the rifle again, if I were to get the DelTon A2 kit, with the flat top plus carrying handle attachment, and the A1 style vegetation snagging flash suppressor, would I be able to mount triangular resin grips on it? If I could find an A1 stock would I be able to mount that as well?

I ask because the SP1s seem to be pretty pricey.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson

Posted On:
    8/31/2010 12:23pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn, I'm going to have to see if I can order it from an online liquor supplier. You've really piqued my curiosity.

So, on the subject of the rifle again, if I were to get the DelTon A2 kit, with the flat top plus carrying handle attachment, and the A1 style vegetation snagging flash suppressor, would I be able to mount triangular resin grips on it? If I could find an A1 stock would I be able to mount that as well?

I ask because the SP1s seem to be pretty pricey.
    The grips might be a bit long for the M4 barrel. I believe the original barrel length was 22" and the M4-gery is "16 IIRC? So rifle length grips, if they fit will give you a "dissipator" look. Except that the Dissy has never been made with the old triangle grips...

As for the butt stock, I'm pretty sure those are completely modular, and you can put any AR style on there you want.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    8/31/2010 1:46pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    The grips might be a bit long for the M4 barrel. I believe the original barrel length was 22" and the M4-gery is "16 IIRC? So rifle length grips, if they fit will give you a "dissipator" look. Except that the Dissy has never been made with the old triangle grips...

As for the butt stock, I'm pretty sure those are completely modular, and you can put any AR style on there you want.
    That's why I was thinking going with the A2 and not the M4. Would the A2 barrel be long enough?

Posted On:
    8/31/2010 3:35pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's why I was thinking going with the A2 and not the M4. Would the A2 barrel be long enough?
    Yessir! Though I am pretty sure the A2 is an "HBAR", that is a slightly heavier barrel profile. Just keep that in mind when you are buying your rails or hand guards, as you will have to make sue you pick ones that will fit.

However, this brings up another detail important to the M16a1. They had very thin looking barrels, part of the weight savings designed into that generation of weapons.

Why don't you just go for the m16a2 instead? You'll get your heavy barrel, you can still use an a4 upper and have your bolt on carry handle, it is literally a generational improvement over the a1 design, and it's probably the most iconic of the Ar's next to the original and the m4.

An added bonus of having the full length barrel, is the full length gas system. The "rifle" length" gas system is the one the machine was designed with, and when it is shortened as in midlengths and carbines, it increases the pressure and heat of the gasses which cycle your BCG, thus causing more stress, and faster wear and tear on you internal components.

Posted On:
    8/31/2010 6:37pm

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Last edited by tgace; 8/31/2010 6:42pm at .

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    8/31/2010 8:32pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But does that make it incompatible? Could I use the A1 stock? Or would I encounter problems?
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast