Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2010 9:43pm

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    e-mail sent to Mr. Wheel. I will post it all up when I get a response.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    8/27/2010 10:26am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by searcher66071 View Post
    e-mail sent to Mr. Wheel. I will post it all up when I get a response.
    I find it amusing that a guy in Kansas needed to do that which a guy in the same town wouldn't.

Posted On:
    8/27/2010 12:07pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To be fair I wouldn't want to antagonise the World Champion of World Champions either if he lived in my town.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    8/27/2010 12:43pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't understand the big fuss.
    White tiger/FLINT goes through enough trouble creating the threads on multiple forums, yet does not drop by at the gym.
    one could suspect he's a bit of a coward.

Just go there and train and see what's up.
    What the hell do you care if it doesnt go down too well?
    If he's full of ****, **** em.
    Either he's delusional and will back down (like all frauds 95% of the times do) or he'll teach you a lesson or two.
    Either way you will learn something.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2010 3:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    I find it amusing that a guy in Kansas needed to do that which a guy in the same town wouldn't.

I was tired of waiting for Flint/White tiger to do something, anything.

BTW-no response yet.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    9/01/2010 11:34am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got an email back from the British Boxing Board of Control:
    RE:- MR PAUL WHEEL

Receipt is acknowledged of your e-mail dated 26th August 2010 with regard to the above named.

Please be advised that Mr. Paul Wheel currently holds a British Boxing Board of Control professional Trainer/seconds licence.

Yours sincerely,
    ROBERT W. SMITH
    General Secretary
    [

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/02/2010 10:55am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I finally got a reply from Mr. Wheel, but it sheds little light. It is posted below with my original email.

Hi my name is lee I train with paul and run his web page and emails paul train under master Pimu in Thailand and also has brought him over to Wales many times he has been to Thailand over 50 times AND TRAINED IN MANY CAMPS . The champion of champions was an open tournament in the USA in 1994 if u like come in and meet paul he lives in the gym and he will answer any off your questions hope this helps.

Sent: 27 August 2010 03:38
    To: Paul@welshmuayboran.co.uk
    Subject: Questions for you.

Mr. Wheel,

I am contacting you in an attempt to find out more about your training in Muay Boran, Muay Thai, and some of your titles you won. If I might ask, who did you train with in Muay Boran and Muay Thai? And where did you train in each? Also, where did you win your World Champion of Champions title at? Whom did you fight to win that title? Which organization was it with and where were the fights held?

I know there are quite a few questions, but I hope you will take time to provide some answers.

Thank you,

(name removed).

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    9/02/2010 11:29am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i'll be heading to edinburgh soon, if you people chip in im making a detour, beat his ass, videotape it and post it.
    in return i'd like a master of masters tag.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2010 11:39am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So let me get this straight, he won an "open" tournament in the US in 1994 and he believes that gives him the right to walk around as "champion of champions"? I've competed in amateur Muay Thai tournaments for very small local organizations like USEACA (United South East Asian Cultural Association), and even then the (AMATEUR) belts (from a SMALL organization) I have competed for can be verified expediently, and the organization's website pops up in the very first google search with clear contact info.

If someone had questioned my claim that I was some kind of champ, I wouldn't say O ya I competed in this un named open tournament in 1994 in the US. I would say, yes I fought Mr. X in 1994 at the Y tournament held by Z organization. Here is the contact info if you would like to know more. I mean I just threw that info up and I havent even won any kind of belt, I've just competed as an amateur. So the professional world champion of champions in 1994 should probably have the same info, otherwise the claim is complete and absolute bullshit.

I will send an email to Mr. Wheel, otherwise this rant of mine would be pointless. I must like listening to the sound of my own typing or something.

Posted On:
    1/09/2013 6:40am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Real Deal

I joined Paul Wheel's dojo back in 1998 and trained there for a few years and had some full contact bouts against other clubs in Swansea. The guy knows his stuff. He is/was an excellent trainer. I can say this as I have done various martial arts training over the years (Wado Kyu, Ju jitsu, Two other kickboxing clubs and Judo - I know this one is a 'sport'). After training with Paul Wheel all my other experience paled in comparison. He knew more, trained you harder, teaches excellent self defence techniques as well as kickboxing. When I joined another kickboxing club due to moving area I was sorely dissapointed by the standard there (especially as I had paid an annual membership before attending!). This is just cynicism for the sake of it. What matters is he is the real deal. Before fights I would hire him for one on ones on Sundays (as well as my weekd day training) and would spar for nine rounds. It was impossible to land a blow on the guy. He also does (or at leats used to, I have lost touch) great work with troubled kids, getting them into kickboxing and help coach them to steer clear from the path they might have taken. He did also have trophies and certificates in his dojo proclaiming he was the european super heavyweight champ whcih were definitely legit. I don't know anything about this 'world champion of champions' stuff, but what does it matter. I trained there and he is the real deal, that's all that matters.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123