232708 Bullies, 3636 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    8/26/2010 11:41am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Online records for muay thai are pretty sketchy, I'd reserve such bold statements for when you know for sure.

I mean... the guy is pretty fat for a competitive thai boxer, but you can eat a lot of pies in 6 years.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    8/26/2010 11:48am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Which is why the simplest answer to OP would be:
    go in and see for yourself and report back with your findings.

Posted On:
    8/26/2010 12:20pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes I am White Tiger - better known as FLINT ISLAND from Eastside Boxing.

My suspcions of Wheel were from a couple of years back I read on a forum somewhere that the guy makes up his own World Title Belt - and then just annoints himself as the Champ.

I dont know if this is true or not.

But World Champion Of Champions - is quite a high status to claim.

Posted On:
    8/26/2010 12:24pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CodosDePiedra View Post
    I did some basic google-fu and the only references I found to his champion status are from his own website(s). There was also a boxing forum that talked about this a little bit, and they mentioned that they should take up their claims with Bullshido:
    http://www.eastsideboxing.com/forum/...=248877&page=2

So FLINT ISLAND, are you White Tiger on that forum?

To me, it looks like Paul Wheel is making fraudulent claims. He has no record on Sherdog (which doesn't mean much since his thing is muay thai, not MMA). You'd think a world champion (or even better, a world champion of champions) would have some governing body list it on an easily found website, and he doesn't mention any organization that he fought in, which I believe is pretty standard.

He lists that he's certified with the British Boxing Board of Control, so that should be easy enough to check. I'll send them a little email.
    Exactly why I thiought he may be a fake world champion.

I mean - he was probaly a good martial artist.

But to call yourself World Champion Of Champions

thats basically saying you are the best pound for pound champion on the planet.

yet for someone so acclaimed - there seems so little info on the web.

I mean any other world champion in any other sport - type their name in google and plenty of info would come up.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    8/26/2010 12:34pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FLINT ISLAND View Post
    Yes I am White Tiger - better known as FLINT ISLAND from Eastside Boxing.

My suspcions of Wheel were from a couple of years back I read on a forum somewhere that the guy makes up his own World Title Belt - and then just annoints himself as the Champ.

I dont know if this is true or not.

But World Champion Of Champions - is quite a high status to claim.
    Perhaps you are correct, perhaps he just made it up or perhaps he won a small Tournament where the winner is titled "Champion of Champions", which isn't unheard of either.

Fact is, you stated you have been going on about this for a "couple of years"......have you physically gone into his gym and trained or asked the guy?
    Have you made a telephone call inquiring about these questions?
    Have you emailed him about these concerns?
    If you have done any of these things, please post the contents of the email, including date/time stamp OR please post a narrative of the in-person or telephone discussion including where and when it occurred.

If you haven't done these things, why have you spent your time making threads about him on various websites and not spoken to the man, first?

The bulk of investigations come from firsthand information and since you reside in the same community as the man AND you have brought forward these questions and concerns, you are the most likely candidate to do the heavy-lifting.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    8/26/2010 12:38pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Exactly why I thiought he may be a fake world champion.

I mean - he was probaly a good martial artist.

But to call yourself World Champion Of Champions

thats basically saying you are the best pound for pound champion on the planet.

yet for someone so acclaimed - there seems so little info on the web.

I mean any other world champion in any other sport - type their name in google and plenty of info would come up.
    As has been stated, "champion of champions" could be a title confered at/by a particular promotion.

Why not contact this guy and ask which organizations he competed under? Because right now all you're doing is running in fucking circles, reiterating the the same crap over and over without even a hint that you're interested in facts.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    8/26/2010 2:23pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    His site says "World Champion of Champions", not just "Champion of Champions", which seems like more of a red flag to me.

Posted On:
    8/26/2010 4:27pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    Perhaps you are correct, perhaps he just made it up or perhaps he won a small Tournament where the winner is titled "Champion of Champions", which isn't unheard of either.

Fact is, you stated you have been going on about this for a "couple of years"......have you physically gone into his gym and trained or asked the guy?
    Have you made a telephone call inquiring about these questions?
    Have you emailed him about these concerns?
    If you have done any of these things, please post the contents of the email, including date/time stamp OR please post a narrative of the in-person or telephone discussion including where and when it occurred.

If you haven't done these things, why have you spent your time making threads about him on various websites and not spoken to the man, first?

The bulk of investigations come from firsthand information and since you reside in the same community as the man AND you have brought forward these questions and concerns, you are the most likely candidate to do the heavy-lifting.

This is the first thread I have made about Paul Wheel.

The other thread off Eastside Boxing - I made that thread- but the thread was actually about a MMA fight between Enzo Macc and Alex Reid - Wheel just came up in the conversation.

The thread I read about Wheel making up World title belts himself - was nothing to do with me - I just read it online a couple of years back and did not even post on the forum or thread.

As far as asking down the gym - no way - I dont want to accuse the guy of being a fake world champion - I dont think that would go down to well.

My main purpose of starting this thread here - was to see if any on you here who are into maritial arts had heard about this guy who had called himself the World Champion of Champions.

The fact - that most - if not all of you here have not really heard of the guy - makes me realise his World Champion of Champions status probaly is a bit overhyped.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/26/2010 4:48pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Right. Then again we have a poster here who is undefeated in MMA and I had never heard of him either. There are people who have never Heard of Tom Brady and he is the "World Champion" of American Football.

Go find out or contact the guy. A shitty website and poor claims have embarrassed many a poster before on this website.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    8/26/2010 5:00pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As far as asking down the gym - no way - I dont want to accuse the guy of being a fake world champion - I dont think that would go down to well.
    then save your face-to-face and telephone or email the man.

My main purpose of starting this thread here - was to see if any on you here who are into maritial arts had heard about this guy who had called himself the World Champion of Champions.

The fact - that most - if not all of you here have not really heard of the guy - makes me realise his World Champion of Champions status probaly is a bit overhyped.
    It very well may be, however certainly more information is needed . Names of organization. Dates and locations of matches. Names of opponents. Where he trained and who trained him.
    Need a little more to research on.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast