Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    8/25/2010 4:55am

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, cam - you got the figures for violent assault (as a result of being unable to keep one's mouth shut after consuming alcohol, or failing to keep one's socio-ethno-political-religious views to oneself when faced with others holding a diametrically-opposed opinion) handy?

As for having a guy pulling a gun on you and shooting you in the back without warning, I suspect that if this ever happens to you, you might not have been expecting it, per se - but as you're lying there bleeding, you'll probably have an idea about why it happened.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    8/25/2010 5:07am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also:the trailer needs more black people.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2010 5:21am

Style: MMA / BJJ / Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Larus marinus View Post
    Hey, cam - you got the figures for violent assault (as a result of being unable to keep one's mouth shut after consuming alcohol, or failing to keep one's socio-ethno-political-religious views to oneself when faced with others holding a diametrically-opposed opinion) handy?

As for having a guy pulling a gun on you and shooting you in the back without warning, I suspect that if this ever happens to you, you might not have been expecting it, per se - but as you're lying there bleeding, you'll probably have an idea about why it happened.
    So you agree with me then. The only people who are likely to be shot in the back without warning are those with a dangerous lifestyle and there is nothing that can be done to about it. Glad we agree.

Also, your attempt at a snide comment about my views failed pretty badly given that i do support armed defense. Unless it is your belief that people are not afraid enough and should be frightened unnecessarily which is what i am opposing.

The veiled threat it contained was also pretty fucking weak. if someone wants to try and assault me for expressing my opinion on an internet forum then they are most likely a stupid wanker anyway and I am a 110kg MMA fighter (who supports armed self defense) so good luck to them.

Cam's tip of the day: Lurk more post less

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    8/25/2010 5:32am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cam4276 View Post
    So you agree with me then. The only people who are likely to be shot in the back without warning are those with a dangerous lifestyle and there is nothing that can be done to about it. Glad we agree.

Also, your attempt at a snide comment about my views failed pretty badly given that i do support armed defense. Unless it is your belief that people are not afraid enough and should be frightened unnecessarily which is what i am opposing.

The veiled threat it contained was also pretty fucking weak. if someone wants to try and assault me for expressing my opinion on an internet forum then they are most likely a stupid wanker anyway and I am a 110kg MMA fighter (who supports armed self defense) so good luck to them.

Cam's tip of the day: Lurk more post less
    Er. Cam - I wasn't having a go at you. Or threatening you. I was actually endorsing your comments and suggesting more along the same lines. Yeah, I *do* agree with you.

I think something has been lost in the whole thought-to-text-to-reading-to-thought-to-text thing. Ah. This is awkward.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2010 5:42am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Er. Cam - I wasn't having a go at you. Or threatening you. I was actually endorsing your comments and suggesting more along the same lines. Yeah, I *do* agree with you.

I think something has been lost in the whole thought-to-text-to-reading-to-thought-to-text thing. Ah. This is awkward.
    I totally didn't get that from your post (even now i know that is what you meant) but ok.

I guess this is an example of how the internet is the perfect environment for misunderstandings.

I apologise for all the things i was thinking about you.

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    8/25/2010 5:54am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cam4276 View Post
    I totally didn't get that from your post (even now i know that is what you meant) but ok.

I guess this is an example of how the internet is the perfect environment for misunderstandings.

I apologise for all the things i was thinking about you.
    No worries. I'm *really* not the sort of guy who makes threats of violence to others over the internet - especially not MMA guys who are (reasonably) geographically close to my own location... :sad1:

I guess the point that I was trying to make was that people are concerned about being violently assaulted in the streets, or bars, or whatever - when I suspect that an examination of the facts behind such assaults would show that a significant proportion of these are not just random acts of violence carried out by psychos but rather 'he wouldn't shut up about <whatever> - so I got really angry and hit/bludgeoned/glassed/stabbed him, alcohol was involved' situations.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2010 6:14am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No worries. I'm *really* not the sort of guy who makes threats of violence to others over the internet - especially not MMA guys who are (reasonably) geographically close to my own location... :sad1:
    I wouldn't worry about that. I havent had a fight outside of a sporting (or bouncing) context in about 20 years. I have a teenage son and try to show him by example that fighting is unacceptable.

I guess the point that I was trying to make was that people are concerned about being violently assaulted in the streets, or bars, or whatever - when I suspect that an examination of the facts behind such assaults would show that a significant proportion of these are not just random acts of violence carried out by psychos but rather 'he wouldn't shut up about <whatever> - so I got really angry and hit/bludgeoned/glassed/stabbed him, alcohol was involved' situations.
    I totally agree.

Posted On:
    8/25/2010 6:56am

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    cam, I live in a Texas town that borders Mexico. Currently in Mexico, random violence against people uninvolved with nefarious activity is the rule of the day. There is even spillover crime that comes to our side of the border. Kidnappings, carjackings, and armed robberies in grocery store parking lots are not rare. Most people here don't particularly live in fear about this. They do look for information on prevention and self defense. It's not paranoia that makes people not want to be a victim and some people appreciate information that would help them not become a victim or survive in an event where they are a victim. I don't feel that the victims are always responsible for crimes commited against them.

Posted On:
    8/25/2010 7:23am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you coming on to cam, Tom c?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2010 7:44am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tom, I certainly accept that some places are more dangerous than others and some are very dangerous indeed (The police station near my judo club was bombed by terrorists a few weeks ago).

Let me state again that I have no problem with people learning self defense including the use of knives and guns in fact i support it fully.

I just hate the way these shows/groups try and terrify people into buying their product. For most people in most places the risk of any of these crimes occurring is very low. As you said you live in a relatively dangerous area and you don't have to live in fear as long as you use sensible precautions.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast