Posted On:
    8/24/2010 10:34pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Choking

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/tec...825-13qzp.html

It appears that we have no worries at all about idiots running our governments in the future, it seems they are prepared to kill themselves off before they make it out of school. I'm sure there is an advertising angle for the BJJ community that could be exploited. Something along the lines of: Come test your Choking Game skills against us.

Anyone watch Modern Family? There was an episode that aired in Australia last night that saw the older dad (with the hot wife) choke out the gay son (who wanted to learn self defense because what he learnt from West Side Story didn't work, the subject of a recent cracked.com article which I now see might not be coincidence) using a Mata Leao he learnt from "the Gracie brothers". He held on for too long and sent him to sleep. Later the son tries to use it on a queue jumper to little effect other than comical, yelling at the guy to "go to sleep, he's going to sleep", to which the guy replied, "no, I'm not". As I was home alone, my criticism of technique went unnoticed and was more than likely the result of a few too many ciders at that point.

I can almost understand the choking to heighten sexual pleasure, Michael Hutchence, Carradine (allegedly), et al. Almost. I wouldn't do it myself, but I understand there is a fetish and I am pretty liberal when it comes to what people do in their spare time, as long as it doesn't affect others. Ricky Gervais in his "Politics" show summed it up pretty nicely, if you haven't seen his stand up comedy, or "lectures" as he calls them, do so ASAP, the guy is fucking hell funny.

But, yeah, choking for fun, what's that all about?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/24/2010 11:23pm

Style: Boxing/MMA (Ex. Shotokan)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gets you high man...

4 years ago in high school they showed us an oprah special on this. It's ridiculous, and a great demonstration of natural selection. However, I want to mention that some deaths are not really accidents. Were told of a story where a kid tied a belt around the top of his closet and his neck, and then stepped off his stool. His parents claimed he accidentely died from the game. I am pretty sure he realized that was not how to play (Or it's how you win it, interpretations vary).

Posted On:
    8/25/2010 1:55am

forum leader

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I suppose with all the talk about how inhaling is bad for you, kids took it too literally.

Posted On:
    8/25/2010 2:08am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    With breath-play or asphyxiation it's best only to try it with a partner who knows wtf they're doing (IE: not trying to hurt you).

For ree-ree's in HS playing the pass out game or the choking game, Darwinism. Just simple Darwinism. Some of us never played with fire next other flammable objects, some of us never did more then try pot a few times and drink a little (okay I drank A LOT but that's besides the point), some of us didn't run around in a gang or sell drugs. For the rest, Darwinism.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2010 3:11am

Style: Judo (injury), ETS-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember doing the "California High" in high school, where one person bends over, getting his head beneath his heart and takes deep breathes. Then another person pushes up at the sternum, making the person pass out for a few seconds. In retrospect, it probably wasn't the safest thing to do.

Posted On:
    8/25/2010 3:32am

forum leader

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What happened to good ole sniffing glue?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2010 4:18am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Because sniffing glue/petrol/solvent etc. totally isn't a problem in Australia...

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    8/25/2010 4:33am

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    What happened to good ole sniffing glue?
    Or the fumes from burning wheelie bins and bus shelters?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tees/7106926.stm
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/s...re/6523197.stm

(Even though I'm no longer cool enough to be 'down with the kids', I suspect that this activity may not actually be as common as the reporter suggests)

Posted On:
    8/25/2010 4:48am

forum leader

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pontoon View Post
    Because sniffing glue/petrol/solvent etc. totally isn't a problem in Australia...
    Neither were the subjects of the story, smart arse.

Posted On:
    8/25/2010 9:03am

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would have put it in the same category as they guys you see who do the tequila shot and then squirt the lemon in their eye.
    They are not getting high off it. There is just a section of every comunity that likes to do stupid stuff.
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast