Page 4 of 5 First 12345 Last
  1. #31

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4
    Style
    tae kwon do
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Siniq View Post
    Isn't it weird how I (and I'm guessing many people on this site) find this video boring compared to say a tutorial by Koga on gripping a gi?


    what, the video is boring for you?

  2. #32
    Siniq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    the woods of eastern Europe
    Posts
    1,745
    Style
    Gym drifter
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Manschetta View Post
    what, the video is boring for you?
    yes, dead boring and stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBadGuy
    The Dog kid's mom is parked next to me in the parking lot. He runs up and asks me a question. "Hey dude, where did you learn that stuff?"

    "That was grappling. Real MMA."

    "Where do I go for that?"

    I was a little shocked. Sure, he changed sides quickly, but I guess even a dog can realize it has more in common with the wolf than with the shephard.

    I give him the names of some BJJ schools in the area, and we go our separate ways.

  3. #33
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    9,418
    Style
    lol yet again more Judo !
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Manschetta View Post
    what, the video is boring for you?
    It is exciting in the way fanta soda adds are exciting.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    86
    Style
    muay thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Backfistmonkey View Post
    video of one of my heroes
    TY for that. :bully:

  5. #35
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    9,418
    Style
    lol yet again more Judo !
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramon_Dekkers

    It was like God just decided to make a random 5'7" ass kicking machine.


    ... well not really, I have seen video of him training. Ramon Dekker worked for it all.

    and for anyone who is clueless

    YouTube- Ramon Dekkers Muay Thai
    Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 8/25/2010 4:11pm at .
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

  6. #36
    Permalost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    13,815
    Style
    street paddleboarding
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Backfistmonkey View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramon_Dekkers

    It was like God just decided to make a random 5'7" ass kicking machine.


    ... well not really, I have seen video of him training. Ramon Dekker worked for it all.

    and for anyone who is clueless

    YouTube- Ramon Dekkers Muay Thai
    That guy sucks- he didnt do a single jumping 720 kick!

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4
    Style
    tae kwon do
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    No more than any male gymnast. There is no fighting application in this video AT ALL.

    mmh maybe you are right but i think there is one, who really knows to fight. the others, i dont know.

    whatelse, i like this video. is there a good tkd school in the usa, i will study there in 4 month and it is my wish, to train in the best school

  8. #38
    WhiteShark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    9,168
    Style
    BJJ/Shidokan
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Manschetta View Post
    mmh maybe you are right but i think there is one, who really knows to fight. the others, i dont know.

    whatelse, i like this video. is there a good tkd school in the usa, i will study there in 4 month and it is my wish, to train in the best school
    I didn't say none of those guys can fight. I have no way of knowing that. I said there are no fight applicable moves in THIS VIDEO.

  9. #39
    Just waiting for the paperboy. supporting member
    Lebell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lolland
    Posts
    12,408
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    he's origanally dutch but i think he spends most of his time in thailand now, last thing i heared bout him is that he's running ramon dekkers tm, MT camps.
    good for him.

    outside of ma's nobody knows our mt/k1 heroes.
    guys like him, aerts and hoost can walk the streets relatively unknown/unrecognised.

  10. #40
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    9,418
    Style
    lol yet again more Judo !
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    he's origanally dutch but i think he spends most of his time in thailand now, last thing i heared bout him is that he's running ramon dekkers tm, MT camps.
    good for him.

    outside of ma's nobody knows our mt/k1 heroes.
    guys like him, aerts and hoost can walk the streets relatively unknown/unrecognised.
    A number of years ago he was giving some seminars in Kentucky and Tennessee.

    I still kick myself for not ditching the family and hitch hiking to at least one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Page 4 of 5 First 12345 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO