Ah, ok. Just like the Bujinkan :icon_thum
    <insert witty comment>

Posted On:
    8/22/2010 8:03pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CodosDePiedra View Post
    Why would you ever want to hold a stick underneath your arm like that?
    heres my theory:

You see the bruce lee stuff and we saw the bad Numb nuts, I mean nunchuck sequence... so naturally the jump in logic goes as follows:

"Well they keep the nun chuck under the pit, so it must be so that the stick should go there as well for what is a nun chuck but a stick?"

Good god!! when you can follow a trail of larp logic... that has to be really bad.
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

Posted On:
    8/22/2010 8:20pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rw4th View Post
    Ah, ok. Just like the Bujinkan :icon_thum
    I... I...

I got nothing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2010 9:24pm

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At the risk of being sent to Sheer Dog, again, maybe this is a "beauty in the eye of the beholder" situation. Maybe the people involved are getting something from it, even if it is not up to serious standards.

I made the comment like in relation to Mountainous and Ralph Severe, and got sent to Sheer Dog Siberia.

But seriously.... Maybe for some people it is enough to get together and enjoy the physical activity, even if the outcome is not high-end capability. If they need some live action role play to help get them out of the house and get some exercise, good for them. They are actually getting some physical exercise and social interaction..... Put down that video game and get off the couch! (Public Service Announcement.)

If it is held in that context, then is it so bad?

Posted On:
    8/22/2010 9:25pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Styygens View Post
    I... I...

I got nothing.
    who's turn is it to be Booj defender? I did my time JJ helped me out a bit. whose turn is it?
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

Posted On:
    8/22/2010 9:29pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtnira View Post
    At the risk of being sent to Sheer Dog, again, maybe this is a "beauty in the eye of the beholder" situation. Maybe the people involved are getting something from it, even if it is not up to serious standards.

I made the comment like in relation to Mountainous and Ralph Severe, and got sent to Sheer Dog Siberia.

But seriously.... Maybe for some people it is enough to get together and enjoy the physical activity, even if the outcome is not high-end capability. If they need some live action role play to help get them out of the house and get some exercise, good for them. They are actually getting some physical exercise and social interaction..... Put down that video game and get off the couch! (Public Service Announcement.)

Nah not so bad kid.... hey ever defend the Booj before? Its a tough job but you can do it I know it. :biblethum

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    8/22/2010 9:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtnira View Post

If it's sold as a ninja LARP dress-up club, then no problem.

If they're being told that they're learning how to defend themselves, their homes and their families, or how to fight/kill a man/whatever, then it's a big problem.

Posted On:
    8/22/2010 9:41pm

Style: BJJ,MT,RBSD (on hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
    who's turn is it to be Booj defender?
    The correct word is apologist :)
    <insert witty comment>

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/22/2010 9:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Larus marinus View Post
    If it's sold as a ninja LARP dress-up club, then no problem.

If they're being told that they're learning how to defend themselves, their homes and their families, or how to fight/kill a man/whatever, then it's a big problem.
    That does tend to be the Bullshido.net bottom line, and I reckon it's a good one. If this is being promoted as a recreational martial art for social/exercise/fun etc. purposes then good for them, it's no sillier than many other hobbies. If it's being sold as self defense training then yes, that's a problem, because it could lead to an over-confident student getting seriously hurt.

This is why it's so important to know exactly how a specific school/club/seminar/whatever is promoting its services. By the same token, if we simply assume that a recreational martial art (recMA) is being sold as real-world self defense and proceed to blast it for being unrealistic, we risk missing the point in a big bad way.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2010 10:13pm

Style: In transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BZZZT!

Wrong conclusion, fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by What You Learn page on the Kevin Hawthorne Ninjer site
    As well as ground defense and grappling, students will also learn single and multiple person attacker sparring, with and without a weapon. Ninjutsu is a traditional style martial art incorporating modern day applications.
    He also says you'll learn HOME INVASION SURVIVAL.

This ain't no LARPer. This is a full-on ninjer nut.

AND there's also another thread about him and his schools.
    Australia : Kevin Hawthorne - A big BS ninja school = big problem - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

P.S. Okay, Google. Spider this ****.

Kevin Hawthorne Ninjutsu
    Kevin Hawthorne Ninjutsu
    Kevin Hawthorne Ninjutsu
    Kevin Hawthorne Ninjutsu
    Kevin Hawthorne Ninjutsu
    Last edited by helmutlvx; 8/22/2010 10:18pm at .
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast