Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16566263646566
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2013 1:25pm

Style: JSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Charliebo, it's good that you let the theatre manager know the other side of the story. That is really all anyone can do. The theatre manager will have to make up his or her own mind. Kimmie and her minions have their First Amendment rights to freedom of expression, but at the same time, businesses have their First Amendment rights to freedom of association. Knowledge is power, and Kimmie thrives on outsiders' ignorance of her abusive actions.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/04/2013 8:39pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A recent conversation with a friend got me thinking about this thread again, and especially about Ryanbeld's final comment that there are people who have had it worse.

On one hand, I think it's useful for victim recovery to realize that other people have been through worse. It prevents self-pity and encourages empathy.

On the other hand, I don't think it's useful for perpetrator accountability. It can lead to a race to the bottom, in which lesser perpetrators are excused and only the worst are punished. Because abuse tends to escalate and victims tend to accumulate, it is best to catch perpetrators as early in their "careers" as possible.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2013 8:49am

Style: My Own Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Excellent points Bemused.

One must also look at the type of person who becomes a victim....those with low self-esteem, those with little or no family structure or support system seem to be the most vulnerable, along with a few innocents who think they are part of a greater plan.

In my own experience with this group, it started out innocently enough...a few favors were asked, and as acquiescence was gained, the requests became demands, then orders. As the leader saw she was gaining control over her followers, she became drunk with power. So yes, abuse tends to escalate.

I think back and wonder whether this situation could have been short circuited while still in its infancy in VT. The power of persuasion, coupled with the student enforcers of the leader, and people fell obediently into line. Still, there were many that saw the cult for what it was, dropped out and went back to their lives, but those that stayed and are still there have been "turned". Their mental wiring has been changed, and they no doubt will live happily in this delusional environment until the end.

I did recover and have no feelings about this cult experience anymore. My life is full - with work, with play, and with friends and family.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/24/2014 1:18am

Style: Glock 19

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey all... I noticed some videos, apparently from 3 years ago.. They were posted on another blog.. Links...

http://cultslayerus.wordpress.com/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/25/2014 6:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by clarehoare View Post
    Hey all... I noticed some videos, apparently from 3 years ago.. They were posted on another blog.. Links...

http://cultslayerus.wordpress.com/

Also an FYI, the videos are very boring and nonsensical.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/19/2014 4:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.topix.com/forum/city/frem...TG690JRLJG3I98

The locals are getting restless... Unconfirmed reports of shooting in the area and a strange training ground.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/23/2014 2:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I haven't been on Bullshido in months. Thanks for the post, Clare. Interesting developments. Building an obstacle course isn't such a big deal, but any use of weapons is going to frighten the neighbors. Urban California is not rural Texas. What concerns me most, though, are the blogs of escapes. I'm reminded of Jdms's story. They might just be references to this thread and its predecessors, but maybe someone in the area witnessed an escapee heading for the freeway or something.
    Last edited by bemused; 5/23/2014 2:47pm at .
Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16566263646566