Page 64 of 66 FirstFirst ... 14546061626364 6566 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/19/2012 9:04am

Style: My Own Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's another question about that trailer - why was she renting it when she was married and being supported by her husband? She married in Korea and didn't come over by herself and have to pay her own bills.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/21/2012 7:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see that kimmy's cosmetics line - TYK Jewels - has bitten the dust. I wonder how long TYK fashions will last.
    I also noticed her life story on that website has a lot of omissions and alterations to the truth. No mention of a husband, no mention of her dance studio, her dojang, etc.
    The first misstatement that jumps out at me is about her company - Lighthouse Worldwide Solutions. It was not founded in 1982 as stated, but there was a Software Group founded in 1983 in Vermont, whose directors included her and some of her students and her ex husband. Go to the Vermont Secretary of State - Corporations - for verification of this.
    Lighthouse Worldwide Solutions was founded in 1988 in California
    Last edited by Failed Student; 10/21/2012 8:08am at . Reason: additional info

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/21/2012 12:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Failed Student View Post
    Just as a FYI - the blogger states they are on Coumadin - for tendonitis and arthritis. If that's the "shot" they were given, find another physician or exsanguinate. Coumadin is a blood thinner......perhaps the right medication might be Cortisone, but that's just my observation.
    I don't often correct myself as I am infallible, but I see there is a reason the blogger is on coumadin. mea culpa

Lord High Commander of the Super-Secret Order of The Invisible Pink Unicorn

Chuckling at Kyung-ae's purchased honors.

Posted On:
    10/22/2012 1:30am

supporting member
     Style: Pet Kat Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Failed Student View Post
    which raises the question of how she was able to save all her certificates and those of her husband from the fire.....
    When I was in Milpitas, the certificates didn't exist. We really wanted them because Jim Mathers at a nearby studio was questioning kimmie's provenance but nothing was available to back up her claims to her titles. So if they have suddenly reappeared, then they are most likely bogus.
    By observation I know the Unicorn is invisible. By faith I know she is pink.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2012 7:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Dancer View Post
    When I was in Milpitas, the certificates didn't exist. We really wanted them because Jim Mathers at a nearby studio was questioning kimmie's provenance but nothing was available to back up her claims to her titles. So if they have suddenly reappeared, then they are most likely bogus.
    When she was in Burlington, those certificates were on the walls of the dojang office....some from Korea, where Art received his black belt. Most were written in Korean, so I don't know what they said (add snarky comment here Shadow Dancer)...but they were definitely dated pre-fire.

I now can admit that I contacted Jim Mathers way back about 1988 when the Black Belt magazine article came out about her, advising him of her questionable rank claims. I guess he followed up on my letter to him.

Lord High Commander of the Super-Secret Order of The Invisible Pink Unicorn

Chuckling at Kyung-ae's purchased honors.

Posted On:
    10/22/2012 11:19am

supporting member
     Style: Pet Kat Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Getting replacement certificates from the governing bodies wouldn't have been hard. But the problem would have been that they showed her to only be 3rd Dan and not the glorious Grandmaster. She would have had a bit of dancing to do when her students asked about that.
    By observation I know the Unicorn is invisible. By faith I know she is pink.

Posted On:
    1/06/2013 7:36pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: moo shee do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello All: My name is Kim. I come from Korea. Guess what. I can confirm only this once, Kyung Ae is a fraud. She trained with my master, well ex master, many years ago. He was not an old man. He was associated with her uncle. She had the rank of black belt when she went to America with her new husband. She brings shame to Korea. Now that I am old man, I don't give a flying turd. Want to clear my conscience. She is now Tae Yun. Saw her on TV here and thought, what a load of it. I cannot believe she has convinced anyone to follow her. Not bad for a girl from Kimchung. This is the same lady. Have read posts. Very sad she is running a cult but not surprising. We do that. Run cults. Convince naive Americans to buy into the who ki energy stuff. And that whole story about her upbringing is a lie. She never saw a friend blow up. She did not get it for being a girl. Her parents were just hard on her. Korean men are like that sometimes. She is very clever though. She was a very good student and took much of the art back to America and made it popular. Too bad she didn't stay that way. Still she is living a false way. Making a profit and taking money from students and making rich students live with her for their money is very savvy, but she is going to have only her past to live back on. A true master does not need a cult of followers to make oneself look good. They do not need fame or power. Something went wrong there. I am leaving now. I am clear in my conscience. Kim.

Posted On:
    1/17/2013 11:17am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    College of Learning, Inc. is now known as Executive Leadership and Coaching, Inc. The entity number C1608532 was incorporated 2/24/1988, the same day as Lighthouse Worldwide Solutions, Inc. (formerly known as Lighthouse Associates)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/22/2013 4:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Apparently some posts were lost in the switch to a differnt server, so I am going to post again on the subject not so dear to my heart - Dr Knight GGMTYK.
    If you go to You Tube and type in Tae Yun Kim, you will find a video of her holiness doing a fashion presentation - presumably in Korea. It's as I stated before - pathetic - some of her students strutting around with drummers in the background, and a grand finale of the aforementioned GGMTYK posing in a backless gown.

This venture of hers will crash and burn -just as TYK Jewels, TYK Ranch, and back in Vermont ----- ATC, The Software Group, and KAF Corp bit the dust. Her financial backers will be as usual, left holding the bag...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/22/2013 8:39pm

Style: JSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you, Sarangbitter, for giving us an important piece of the puzzle that is Tae Yun Kim. I've always said it's too bad she couldn't settle for simply being a good martial arts teacher.

Failed Student, it was Chicabonita who showed me the TYK fashion show video. My hubby and I had a good laugh over it. I especially liked the white outfit with the thick fur around the top of the high boots. It reminded me of a trimmed poodle.
    Last edited by bemused; 1/22/2013 8:42pm at .