Page 59 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9495556575859 60616263 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2012 8:35pm

Style: JSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I received counseling for about seven months between when I left COL and when I left the regular martial arts classes. It really helped me sort out my thoughts and feelings. There's an organization, International Cultic Studies Association, or ICSA, that assists former cult members and their families and friends. I found them later. They might be able to help the loved ones of the former member you know.

Posted On:
    5/19/2012 8:51pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bemused View Post
    I received counseling for about seven months between when I left COL and when I left the regular martial arts classes. It really helped me sort out my thoughts and feelings. There's an organization, International Cultic Studies Association, or ICSA, that assists former cult members and their families and friends. I found them later. They might be able to help the loved ones of the former member you know.
    Thank you. I will look into that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/22/2012 9:49am

Style: My Own Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see they've updated the JSW website with two new videos.
    What's with these outlandish costumes madame and her top guns are wearing? She looks like a movie version of an evil queen, and MBF in that puke green robe would appear to be one of her high councilors.
    The kiddies have interesting mutli colored belts now - I never cease to wonder at her costume ideas.
    The people taking the "pledge" have an interesting placement of arms and hands - all they have to do is close their upraised hand into a fist, turn it a bit, and it's a very vulgar gesture.
    Last edited by Failed Student; 5/22/2012 9:53am at .

Posted On:
    6/22/2012 10:46am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello everyone!
    I would like to say to everyone who may think this thread is all about destroying the credibility of JSW and TYK ....IT IS NOT!!!

I am a newbie to this site and thread and have only "skimmed" over the 4 parts of "ex JSW students" thread and can honestly say that "facts" are pretty accurate and I am not surprised!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2012 6:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey JSW webmaster...your student of the week is getting a bit stale - time to get someone new on there and maybe change those videos from the nineties

Posted On:
    6/29/2012 6:44pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One reason JSW failed in VT .... the citizens of the state and the Burlington community are intelligent and can see through BS.....they will give anyone a chance but if you *&$% them they will destroy you....when the community realized what She was doing the money and students started to dry up and TYK, Scott and company started crying foul making accusations about other MA schools etc......12-18 mos later they were ALL gone ..to CA

Oh yeah BTW....I used kick Scott S. ass ALL the time during free sparring and I was 4-5 belts his junior ....he's not the great of a martial artist......boy would he get pissed ..always take it out on me when he was "teaching" with hundreds of repetitive kicks etc..it was ALWAYS worth it because the class understood he was a "wanna be" without the talent!!!!
    Last edited by MGD; 6/29/2012 6:52pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/30/2012 8:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know who you are MGD, but I rather doubt you were kicking Scott's ass. Yes, he was the classic schoolyard bully type, and he could be a mean bastard, but from what I observed while I was training there, (1981-1984) no one was besting him. The last thing I want to be doing is defending this son of a bitch, but he was slavishly devoted to his training and his master and did all her bidding without question and earned his belt rank.
    ATC never made any money and was supported by money extorted from students such as myself through intimidation, shunning, and ostracism. They may have trash talked the other schools because they were conventional martial arts schools, and ATC chose to set itself apart as something different, to the point of no longer participating in tournaments. I believe this was to prevent her students from interacting with students from other schools and perhaps getting a different perspective.
    I remember only one incident in training with Scott - we were doing hand techniques. I was holding my own quite well even thougn I was only a yellow belt at the time. He ramped up his punches to the point that he injured my arm so badly that I had a black and blue mark the length of my forearm for a month afterward. Crazy Tae reamed him out for that and he was made to apologize to me.

Posted On:
    7/03/2012 5:59pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Failed Student,

With all do respect I started training at the Kyong Ae Academy of TKD summer of '79 under both Kyon Ae Fontaine and her brother Dae Yong Kim. I witnessed the break up of the academy into two schools along with the students. I believe 6-10 students went with Master Fontaine and Scott was the senior most student (red belt). I can tell you that up until he left he was good but not that good and I was able to run circles around him because I was much faster, flexible/agile than him. As long as you could get inside(jam his kicks) he was unable to counter because his hand speed was pitiful. If his speed, technique and flexibility improved then it was only AFTER the new school was opened.

I can also state with confidence that one of the two other students who left with M. Fontaine and Scott could and did run circles around him ...his technique, speed and flexibility was FAR better than Scott's. I do not remember his name however I believe he had blonde hair and dropped out of college his sophomore year to pursue the MA as a "career". His close friend had dark hair and I believe his name was Mike. Both of these student came from fairly successful families with the blonde hair students' dad being a Dr. (I think).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/03/2012 7:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    MGD - now that I have a better time frame, I am getting a fix on who you are.

In all probability, at that point in time, you probably were a match for Scott. Once he broke away from Dae Yung, Kyong Ae trained him, the blonde guy and his friend, as well as one other quite hard. That intensive training started even before the break. About 6 of us would go early in the morning to a quarry and work out for well over an hour. The blond haired one did not drop out of college, but finished his four years at UVM. He moved out of his dorm and took up residence in an apartment in downtown Burlington, shared with Scott and Mike. That also became a Buddhist temple for Kyong Ae's mother. Long story....... Yes, one person's father was a MD and the other was a NY banker.

Posted On:
    7/04/2012 8:27am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Failed Student (LOL), great name I laugh every time I read it! Thanks for the brief road trip down memory lane. Wow my memory is not that bad the parent was a banker you say ... I was going to say a financial adviser but was unsure. I do recall the Buddhist temple and Bop Sa Nim (?) I only went once to the apartment and it was too "culty" then for me.

Prior to the temple moving out of Colchester and the formation of the two separate schools TYK and I had a very long conversation at her house in Winooski and it dawned on me then that "something" was not what it seemed. This was when I started to gravitate more toward M. Kim in my training...I guess I made the correct decision!

At this time I would like to state that I have no animosity towards TYK or the others. If I met TYK on the street I would still treat her with respect (she was one of my original instructors). I think if I met Scott I would laugh in his face but thats me also I know it would piss him....never had much respect for the guy...

You may be getting a better understanding of whom I am but I am trying to recall who you are.....I guess if you would like to know who I am we can do that by other means....Three questions for you...What rank were you prior to the split? A UVM student? Finally were you also a part time bartender at the "Saloon"?

Happy Fourth of July