Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/10/2012 8:06pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi all! I've not been reading or posting for quite a while, thought I would check in and see how folks are doing! I read back a few pages - Some things just never change! And to Bemused- TYK lied to both my ex and the guy I was supposed to be in a relationship with on several occasions. She also lied to COL members in general about me and others on a regular basis - it is one of the ways she keeps control. When I would ask a senior (EAS) or one of the instructors, I was always told that TYK has a reason for everything she does, and I needed to just accept what was said and see what I could learn from it. I was also told that TYK can see what is in our hearts, even if we don't see it ourselves - in other words, what she claimed I said or did was in my heart, and I was guilty without knowing it. What a sad and scary way of controlling people who trust her with all their hearts!

But life is truly wonderful now. As Bemused says, living a great life is the best revenge! I really do have to thank TYK, though - if it weren't for all the things I went through I would not be the caring, compasionate and generous person that I am now, truly enjoying every breath.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    1/10/2012 8:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Jung SuWOn

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everything she says is a lie. Or most of it. She only thinks of herself. I'm not bitter, that is just how I see it. In the long run she will pay the price. Those that have left are lucky to have their lives. Someone is always leaving, I like to think these posts have at least brought people to questioning and then seeing, maybe she "doesn't" really know anything. She is only for herself.
    The real deal. No muss, no fuss, just truth

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2012 1:13pm

Style: JSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Carson, and welcome back. It's been quiet around here.

TYK tells so many lies that I wonder how she keeps them all straight in her mind. It's clear how she keeps people from checking with each other though--journals and fear. Of course, we were supposed to tell her the truth, unless a) she wanted us to lie, or b) she decided she knew better than we did what we were thinking. I believe that the latter is referred to as mind rape.

What's truly tragic, though, is that lies are TYK's only source of self-esteem. What else does she have, now that her looks have faded? Okay, she's a third-degree black belt, but if that were enough for her she wouldn't have to falsely claim a higher rank. I have a new title for her, the High Priestess of Hype!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2012 1:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "TYK has a reason for everything she does." Doesn't everybody?

Posted On:
    1/11/2012 1:30pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TYK slowly and methodically stole our freedom and freewill. When I trained at Jung SuWon and was sucked into COL we lived in housing that was owned by TYK and the instructors. The houses were split up with males in one house and females in another. There were 15 or more people in each household and we were told by TYK who we were to room with. We weren’t allowed to drive anywhere by ourselves and we worked for Lighthouse or another one of TYK’s companies. At times we weren’t paid a salary and if we were paid a salary, the money was funneled back for COL dues or other programs. We had a shopping list of what we could eat and most of it wasn’t what would be considered a healthy diet. We were told what to wear and we didn’t buy clothes on our own. We were on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week and were always sleep deprived. We lived with the feeling that we were always working towards something greater than ourselves but nothing ever came out of all the selfless hours that we put towards events or special guests. We were never good enough and we were never appreciated. We gave up our family and friends and shut ourselves off from TV, radio and anything that wasn’t focused on TYK. We chanted TYK’s name in meditations and sat on the floor while she sat in a chair and reprogrammed our minds. We were disciplined, punished, abused and no matter what the signs were, it was difficult to get out. We thought in our minds that we were going to build a City of Light (COL) somewhere and TYK’s teachings were going to remold the world. We were not weak or stupid but were each at a vulnerable point in our lives and victims of a grandmaster manipulator.

Keep TYK honest by continually sharing your experiences on this site and other web sites. TYK will ultimately be known for being a failed cult leader that stole the lives of so many people.

I am thankful to have my life again and my hope is that everyone that was under TYK’s control appreciates their freedom. It is not easy starting over but there is nothing more valuable than health, family, friends and freewill.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2012 1:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome, Freewill. It's good to hear from another former COL member who made it out. Post-cult life is indeed good. I would add one more item to your list: self-expression!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2012 1:42pm

Style: My Own Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you Freewill for sharing your experience.
    I cannot help but find a parallel between this situation and so many other cults, where every aspect of one's life is monitored and controlled.
    It is not too different from what is going on now in North Korea, with Crazy Kim #3, where compliance is instilled by the fear that eyes are watching you everywhere and at all times.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    1/11/2012 3:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Jung SuWOn

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Freewill, glad to hear from you. I left there the last of 91. October actually, so I probably don't know you. There were 4 COL houses when I left. One belonged to es. which men stayed at. I'm glad to see you made it out ok. Each day is a new day.. Be grateful for it and if there are still people there that you care about, share what you know on here. Also what you share will maybe make people think before they join. Everyone seems to google things they are interested in, so they see this link, let all know the truth. Lots of us you may not know, but our words are all truthful, no matter how painfull they were to write or share. I'm the only one that has put my name up here, but we all know each other.
    I curious, have you read all the posts? Hope to hear more from you
    The real deal. No muss, no fuss, just truth

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/13/2012 8:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Freewill, If you don't mind, I'm curious, what made you decide to leave COL? It's okay if you'd rather not say.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/14/2012 1:28pm

Style: Glock 19

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice, a new contributor! Thanks for sharing!