Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/20/2011 8:32pm

Style: Glock 19

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bemused View Post
    Today my hubby and I have been married ten years! ...
    Congrats! Almost 10 for us. Next May!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/20/2011 8:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The power of the mother/child bond at birth would be a difficult one to usurp..

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy Kim View Post
    She just teased you with a relationship, She can't have anyone that cares for someone more than herl Another reason there are no children

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/21/2011 12:30pm

Style: My Own Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by clarehoare View Post
    The power of the mother/child bond at birth would be a difficult one to usurp..
    Unless of course, the family is dysfunctional. Kimmie seems to be able to pick up on those situations and exploit them.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/21/2011 12:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OMG - check the updated JSW website. Madame is still milking that connection to the Order of Constantine and her top guns are wearing those white waiter jackets.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/21/2011 5:32pm

Style: Shotokan karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wow over the past few days i skimmed over this thread. I find it hard to believe that someone like this actually exists, and that people are foolish enough to "follow" her 0_o

I didn't read every page nor do i care to but i'm curious. Does this kimmie even teach martial arts? Is she even capable of physically harming someone who stands up to her? Are her students even competent in the art? It sounds like the people there spend most of their time sucking her imaginary dick rather than training, so i'm curious how they even become proficient at martial arts in the first place.

Cults are a very scary concept 0_o

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2011 12:28pm

Style: JSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kimmie is a typical cult leader, and unfortunately, lots of narcissistic people like her exist. People follow partly out of emotional neediness and misplaced idealism, but also because cult leaders are deceptive. By the time a follower knows the reality of what they've joined, they're in too deep to leave easily.

Kimmie and her students are competent martial artists, or at least they were when I was training. Cults don't survive on manipulation alone, they have to give some benefits.

Cults are scary, but most followers eventually leave on their own.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    12/22/2011 1:05pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bemused View Post
    Kimmie and her students are competent martial artists, or at least they were when I was training. Cults don't survive on manipulation alone, they have to give some benefits
    How do you qualify "competent martial artists"? Did they ever compete or anything?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2011 2:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    How do you qualify "competent martial artists"? Did they ever compete or anything?
    I don't know whether they are competing in California but I doubt it. When they were in Vermont, they did enter a few tournaments, and picked up a few trophies, mostly in the forms and breaking divisions. As I recall, they didn't do that well in sparring. We were also noticeable by our pre-tournament group meditation.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2011 5:18pm

Style: JSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    They didn't emphasize tournaments. They were in one while I was there, and they did fairly well. Most of the time they sparred without stopping to figure out whether someone had earned a point or not. In fact, they sometimes went two hours without stopping, except briefly to change partners maybe every 10-15 minutes or so. It was intense.

Whether a school is a cult and whether it offers decent teaching on the floor are separate issues. Creepy mind games can coexist with competent training, and sincere intent can coexist with inferior training.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2011 5:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shotokanbjj View Post
    wow over the past few days i skimmed over this thread. I find it hard to believe that someone like this actually exists, and that people are foolish enough to "follow" her 0_o
    One thing to consider is the regionality, and era. Both the Bay area and Vermont are "Hippy" hotbeds. People are inclined to believe a lot of hocus pocus as it is. Most COL members were recruited in the 90s. which there was a much bigger new age movement than there is now.

So... that all being said it is good to consider these elements. In the closing words of the "Whole Earth Catalog" ... "Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish"... and the point there was that many of the ideas of the hippy era were considered "foolish" by traditional standards. There was much more acceptance of these ideas at the time... Also the internet wasn't much of a factor circa 1990... When I posted this thread in 2005, and a prior one in 2004, there was only one negative post towards kim I could find on the internet. It was on usenet and from 1992. So since 2005, there has been a much larger wealth of info to learn from.