Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 12 34561252 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/24/2010 2:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi KK. I was just trying to see if any actual COLs were still on here so I could get a reply. All I've been able to get are ex COLs who have no idea what I'm saying. Perhaps neither do I.

So ut was not directed at former COLs. So, what's happening with all of you former COLs and ex students?

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/24/2010 2:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Jung SuWOn

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rosanne is an excellent writer, so is bemused. They have led to a lot of clarification of things that have gone on at col and jsw. The only reason that I still check in here is to see if there is anything that I can add to the discussion. Or to see if anyone else was lucky enough to leave her cluches. Have a life of their choosing... I pray for them all. This site has been helpful to many people. There were many things said that others didn't even know of. Everything was so secret there.
    The real deal. No muss, no fuss, just truth

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2010 4:30pm

Style: JSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I also check in to see if there is anything I can add, and to see if there is any news. Originally I posted to warn others, but everyone's previous posts take care of that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2010 11:10am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Remember being sleep deprived & going over this verse for the 1000th time?

Luke 14:25 The Cost of Being a Disciple

Large crowds were traveling with Jesus, and turning to them he said: If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters—yes, even his own life—he cannot be my disciple.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2010 4:56pm

Style: My Own Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kungfu4u View Post
    Remember being sleep deprived & going over this verse for the 1000th time?

Luke 14:25 The Cost of Being a Disciple

Large crowds were traveling with Jesus, and turning to them he said: If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters—yes, even his own life—he cannot be my disciple.
    This can be translated in different ways. I do not believe Jesus meant that one should literally hate those who brought one into the world, but rather that one not be totally attached to them, in order that one can pursue one's own life and career choice, just as today's young people need to leave the "nest'". I am not a biblical scholar, but I know that the word hate can be interpreted in many ways.
    So I believe that Jesus wanted his followers not to be fettered by family attachments, at least in the short term, in order that one could hear His words with a clear mind.
    I find it repugnant that one would be asked to hate one's family for the sake of following Jesus or anyone else. As usual, TYK picks and chooses excerpts from the Bible to justify her authority.
    Last edited by Failed Student; 9/09/2010 5:17pm at .

Posted On:
    9/16/2010 4:33pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Holy crap dude!

Check out the last post on this thread

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/a...p/t-62921.html

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/19/2010 4:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello All:
    TYK often would misquote the Bible, and low to anyone who corrected her and said, 'That's not that it means'. Several of Jesus' deciples were asked to drop everything to follow him, but the bottom line is TYK is not and never will be Jesus. If she is implying she is 'like Jesus' there is something seriously wrong. One time I lectured her on how to actually be humble. I had to back down though. If she wants to be like Jesus then she should be willing to drop all of her old ways, her ties (to riches and such) and become like the 'least of these'. But even doing charity work (dressed in her best clothes of course) isn't going to get her into Heaven. Jesus also frowned upon those who would make themselves look good before God, such as the Pharisees and their rituals. Even though she pretends to be humble, and probably helps a few, the other sins and omissions far outweigh the rest.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/19/2010 4:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome newcomer. The 1997 thing was someone's opinion and was never proven. As someone who was there (long before 1997) and in the know, (until 2007), and of rank, I can vouch that there was never a class where anyone cut off their privates for any reason. I'd think she would run out of students! However, as others pointed out there were plenty of other things that did happen (weird diets, punishments, arranged marriages, scandal, pyramid scams, etc).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/22/2010 12:46pm

Style: JSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kittyki, as far as I know you were never in COL, so there was a lot that went on that you didn't know about. I know one of the men who was in that 1997 "class." TYK didn't like her COL students to have romantic feelings unless she could control the relationships, because she wanted her students' love to be primarily aimed at her. She periodically had jealous hissy fits about COL students who confessed to having crushes on each other. That 1997 "class" was just an especially bad jealous hissy fit.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    9/22/2010 12:49pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I recently got through reading all these Tae Yun Kim threads, and I feel bad for those of you that got caught up in all that. She is clearly a crazy person, and I'll definitely speak up if I hear about her organization moving into my neck of the woods.
Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 12 34561252 ... LastLast