--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And I bet SAK wrote that article.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2011 1:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The John Templeton Foundation for wellness and whatever sounds like another cult like pyramid scam. Naturally, birds of a feather will flock to them. Oh, join us anc find enlightenment! Yeah, right out of your pocket book I bet. Just donate a sum of money and get a time share or something. So it probably wouldn't do any good to contact their webmaster and tell them their new sponsor is an honorary doctor and only deserves one of those titles in her name, that of master, if that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2011 1:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And what makes her an expert on movie reviews from the other post? What movies has she been in except for in house JSW movies and programs produced by her own people? Except for that little known money bit, rental of the COL retreat deal, for 'Three Ninjas' in the early 90's, she hasn't produced a single actual Hollywood or television mainstream program. Here and Now and the Tae Yun Kim show don't count. She did those in house, meaning with her own people in her studio. She could claim public access fame in one market for one full year around 1994, but except for that, nothing. Her video sales don't count, again because they were produced for her or by her people. I'd know that! Maybe she's trying to swindle that movie awards show. But maybe she should go work for MTV and do the VMA's.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2011 1:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    'The Way of the Warrior', 1987, video series complimenting her academy, then ATC, done by local wealth and by her own ex husband who was wealthy, Fontaine, and others. Not a mainstream TV series.

'Here and Now', 1992 about, a public access shows put out by Northstar, her TV affiliate with local Milpitas area cable community channel. All that Rudy stuff, that was from Time and Place, and it was only two episodes.

'The Tae Yun Kim Show', 1994-95, again North Star, but more background on the JSW training and on COL and how cool it was, lol. This is the show that got Inside Edition noticed, I believe. Otherwise there would nave never been a news story. Of the 22 episodes produced that season (of which I was in a midseason episode) celebrities were interviewed from the studio they rented out of in SJ. Then it went on public access also, not mainstream TV.

'pro Seiben Szbecial' (The pro sports special) 1994, a German produced TV sports series that did a take on JSW and TYK in 1994, and had a cameo by Chica in it, and some other COLs. This does not count because it was only put on video and distributed there, not much coverage here, if any. Thanks to AES and SAK you can see youtube of that too. But do not be fooled. It never aired on American TV. Shadow might know more about that.

'Three Ninjas', 1992? A kids movie about martial arts kids, riffing Ninja Turtles and Goonies, which was set in the Bay Area and used the Santa Cruz mountain retreat that TYK rented from the city, as the COL and SDW retreat weekend. She didn't even cameo in it though.

'Romancercise' 1996, unabashed COL romance class, never released and done in house. I was in that. Good thing they never released it! My suit was terrible even though I made it look mahvelous!

Ki Energy, the Ki Rhythms, in house, 1996 or so, also with a Chica cameo. Although for an exercise tape this was a decent video. The staring however was a little odd.

The Lighthouse commercials do not count since they are not about JSW, and they're web based, 2010 or so.

So what movies did she star in? Nothing here. But there may have been some KBC, or Korean network based cameos. They do not count. They're not Hollywood. A few of these are on the youtube sites, even a current one with her lecturing to a college, (probably to get another doctorate, ha).

The imdb does have a Korean actress named Taeyun Kim, but she is much younger, about maybe 30, and is clearly ripping off TYK. Irony. Karma. You decide.

So she is doing a movie review thing based upon her fame as a grandmaster then? Wow, that takes a lot of balls. Maybe those shiny metal exercise balls. Artificial balls.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2011 1:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And then her guys will claim, what about those local newscasts like when MBF got his Master belt and it was on Channel 2 (now our local Fox affiliate). Well someone must have called Channel 2 prior to that and given them a tape, because they probably wouldn't have done it otherwise. But back then it was novel that people got master belts and it was interesting. Surely her COL gang had sent in a slew of letters. It was 1994 before the net took off.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2011 1:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TYK's claim to fame, she knows about martial arts and has probably a masters in martial arts, and she makes passionate speeches and rallies people. That's it. She is as close to winning an Oscar as the mayor of Fremont.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/20/2011 2:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I made an error. The show was Time and Place, not Here and Now, and she did actually star in a low budget Korean movie, but it was a cameo, and it doesn't make her expert at doing reviews. In fact, she usually got the point of movies wrong when she watched them. Some posters have mentioned this. Like did she even get that Rhett Butler simply wanted to have nothing to do with Scarlett anymore? Ha.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/20/2011 2:38am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    for some scary fun, type in 'tae yun kim gets old' in the search heading for Bullshido. Look for the spooky picture from 2005. It's old. It isn't flattering. Highly pixilated.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/22/2011 1:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go to wordpress and look over the gushing platitudes about TYK there...done up by web guru sarahsmile. it is so inspirational, not. Creepy yes. And it's high time someone update the martial arts encyclopedia article on TYK to include her honorary knighthood or whatever. Hah ha.
    Last edited by kittyki; 3/22/2011 1:39pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/27/2011 1:20am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello all: Looks like my friend is the only one posting. Ha. I (the ex student) have just been to an evening folk concert at a local coffee shop (like the dream, eerie) except bemused was there, with her husband, in real life, and there were no COL people other than former one bemused. She was with a folk group and band, with a pianist, guitarist, flutist and even a sax player. In real life! No but they were quite good and funny. She has come a long way since training and has found her purpose, helping women's shelters, real ones, not fake ones. At times we discussed our 'fearless leader' and 'the cult leader' as one in the same, and that the old name of the site 'Cultmaster' best described her.

And FS, I had a green tea. I can't drink milk. I also had tswo delicious chocolate chip cookies.

And bemused looked well and happy, actually much improved since having gotten over TYK's awful makeovers. :)
    Last edited by kittyki; 3/27/2011 1:26am at .