Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2010 9:55am

Style: Hokutoryu Ju-jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This went to MABS sooner then I thought. Not that big of a suprise tho.

BTW, Creole has to be the first fitness consultant with a double chin I've ever seen.

And the quote in his profile still sucks.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    8/22/2010 10:04am

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arskanator View Post
    This went to MABS sooner then I thought. Not that big of a suprise tho.

BTW, Creole has to be the first fitness consultant with a double chin I've ever seen.

And the quote in his profile still sucks.
    Amen Brother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/22/2010 11:06am

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Craigslist ad:

http://batonrouge.craigslist.org/biz/1877935637.html

Call to the number listed was forwarded. Asked for call back.

Listed:

http://www.getfave.com/12769386-coven-research

Coven Research

The Best in Self Defense Research
    18627 King George Bay Rd, Livingston, LA 70754 map

http://www.covenresearch.com

Anyone familiar with the address area?

http://louisiana.freeshopperads.com/...ouge-area.html

Looks like ole Creole and friend have just started advertising the business.

For the google climb:

Coven Research / CovenResearch / Coven Combat

Livingston, LA martial arts

Creole:

Creator and mastermind behind Coven Combat. With more than 10 years experience in martial arts and backgrounds in 30 different arts, he is a true genius when it comes to fighting.

and the terrifying Leroy:

Only one word can describe this man: Brawler. A Louisiana cajun with more street experience than any dojo instructor around. When this small cajun walks into a local bar, the big bikers look away.

Last edited by hungryjoe; 8/22/2010 11:11am at .

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    8/22/2010 11:43am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know a thing or two about Native Americans in my area, which doesn't necessarily reflect them elsewhere but sometimes it does because of similar social situations, and some of these things don't sit right. I've done some projects for my anthropology degree with the locals (Kumeyaay and Kwaaymi) and here's a few things I noticed:
    -Native American groups often have some very long, elaborate traditions that they pass down. I've seen lots of traditional dances from different tribes. It seems to me that if there was any kind of fighting tradition to demonstrate, they would do so at one of their get togethers. I've never seen anything like this.

-Respect: although there is a level of respect expected, old Native Americans are some of the most easygoing, humorous people I've ever met. They won't have disdain for you if you don't know the customs if you're sincere; usually they'll laugh and explain something to you in a funny way. If you consider how many different tribes there were and the interaction between them for non-local resources it makes sense (for example, in my area all of the obsidian from the desert over the mountains to the coast comes from one area in the desert). When you interact with different cultures, some cultural relativism may creep in.

-It seems that some Native Americans that get into Asian martial arts like to then create a new art or tag their tribe onto the name of their old one (Chief Redfeather's kempo, John Perkins' stuff, etc)

-I'll bet Cajun read Attack Proof and ran with the ideas in it.

Creator and mastermind behind Coven Combat. With more than 10 years experience in martial arts and backgrounds in 30 different arts, he is a true genius when it comes to fighting.
    Dude, you'll never be a good martial artist with this kind of attitude.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2010 11:56am

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK Crapole, lets have some info from you, your greatness.

Which tribes did you train with? On which reservations? Who specificcaly did you train with(names that can be contacted)?

Where did you get your training as a fitness consultant? Who are your certifications through? Where have you worked to sharpen your trade?

As far as Loseroy goes, who are these "dojo instructors" that you state that Loseroy has more street experience? If he is such a stud, what is his competitve record? Or is it that he is to d3adly for the ring?

I figure we need to get this thing started. Is anyone else feeling a Severe epic tread coming on?

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    8/22/2010 12:38pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by searcher66071 View Post
    I figure we need to get this thing started. Is anyone else feeling a Severe epic tread coming on?
    This thing has already gotten started by experienced posters who have contributed more to this thread in research than your aggressive questioning & juvenile insults have.

Sit down & chill out.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2010 1:55pm

Style: Working out

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by creole3687 View Post
    Oh and for everyone else, Native americans did have a real art: Now they didn't sit around in bathrobes, on their knees bowing to a false master that sits around getting fatter while the students train. They trained while hunting, playing sports, and fighting real warriors. They learned in real live or die combat.

it comes from many tribes: Apache, Sioux, black foot, chactaw, Nachez, as wel as many others. The techniques were tested first of all in combat then back here at our hq-they went through two years of testing with us. And because these techniques actually work in real combat, they are very simple and easy to learn.

Oh and I offer a service for a price, I have never known that to be the definition of a scam.

Plus if anyone were to actually be turned away by any comments on here, it would be sad considering not a single person who has labeled me a scam-has ever taken my courses or even seen them for that matter.

But I understand, traditionalists have a hard time accepting reality.
    I went on an indian reservation service trip this summer. My group was invited back next year to help out for a week next summer; the guy who invited us back is a Lakota sioux traditionalist, and had Lakota taught to him when he was younger. When I go back next summer I'll ask if the Lakota had a martial art system and see what he says.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/22/2010 2:02pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Der108,

Is there a chance that the thread can be renamed Native American MA BS - Coven Research - Livingston, LA or something similar now that this is in MABS?

Having the town and state in the thread title would possibly help bring people from the area into the discussion.

Nowhere have I run across the OP's actual name. Admittedly, the google fu is weak on this end.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    8/22/2010 2:41pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I submitted a request.

Posted On:
    8/22/2010 5:56pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    presented to you from the dsimon or.... in this case dsimone':

Che mon a mi the Creole martial art. Thats right, it turns out Creoles are legendary for more than culinary!!! You will learn:

a) how Creole women use cast iron cookware to control their wayward men....

b) red pepper and file.... its not just for the gumbo pot!

c) The ancient art of imitating the alligator, the nutra and the coon!

you best be ready for dis stuff ya know! we do not deliver to Arkansas!
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast