Posted On:
    8/22/2010 3:40am

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by creole3687 View Post
    The reservations include fort, devil's, roes

but what i was saying before is if you are serious, go to one near you and gain their respect first, by doing that you basically have a resume for them,

by just going straight to a res that you know teaches combat, it will do more harm than good.
    Maybe you misunderstood my question.

Who in the Sioux tribe taught you their combat tradition ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2010 5:15am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

but what i was saying before is if you are serious, go to one near you and gain their respect first, by doing that you basically have a resume for them,

by just going straight to a res that you know teaches combat, it will do more harm than good.
    Now, I got curious and tried to figure out which reservations you were referring to. There are at least thirteen reservations which "Fort" could refer to, and exactly zero that I can tell might be referred to as "devil's" or "roes".

Also, how would one go about getting the respect of Native Americans in a reservation?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2010 6:13am

Style: Hokutoryu Ju-jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So Creole, you're 19 right? And your website says that you have backgrounds in 30 different arts. Do you count the native arts in this or are these the ones you learned before learning the native arts?

Also, you say in you site: "Now when most think of Native Americans, they think of bows, tomahawks, and war clubs. Well, that is the image Hollywood has left with us. "
    Not really, since, you know, those are genuine native american weapons. Except that you left out knives. Tho native knives would prolly be classified as shanks nowadays but whatevs.
    Why would the Sioux & Co go to battle doing judo chops and roundhouse kicks, when they could use their bows from a range or just do a 'tomahawk to skull' feint while shanking them to the balls?
    Last edited by Arskanator; 8/22/2010 6:18am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2010 6:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, the quote in your profile sucks.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    8/22/2010 7:08am

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arskanator View Post
    Also, the quote in your profile sucks.
    This newbietown. Please be extra nice and gentle so as to not bruise the young delicate flesh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2010 7:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Backfistmonkey View Post
    This newbietown. Please be extra nice and gentle so as to not bruise the young delicate flesh.
    Sorry.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/22/2010 7:50am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Our concepts are backbone to our system, i havent found a system that they dont actually work with, but I know you want an example: one concept is to control momentum, so you think less in technique and more in controlling the momentum of the fight.

The striking concept allows your strikes to flow more smothely and have more power, as well as being able to hit multiple times with a single strike.

If you want more information on any of these let me know.
    You came here to discuss martial concepts, correct?

What methods do you use to control momentum without thinking about techniques?

Please explain a technique that hits multiple times with a single strike and still has power.

Thanks.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/22/2010 8:37am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Asriel, thanks for the complement on how smart I am. but why are yall talking about banning me. I mean thats kind of shitty if you ask me.
    You posted your link in the middle of another thread. The link reads like spam. We ban spammers.

Oh and for everyone else, Native americans did have a real art: Now they didn't sit around in bathrobes, on their knees bowing to a false master that sits around getting fatter while the students train. They trained while hunting, playing sports, and fighting real warriors. They learned in real live or die combat.
    So did every fucking race on this planet. You really need to stop.

it comes from many tribes: Apache, Sioux, black foot, chactaw, Nachez, as wel as many others. The techniques were tested first of all in combat then back here at our hq-they went through two years of testing with us. And because these techniques actually work in real combat, they are very simple and easy to learn.
    Funny, I have friends of a couple of those tribes and they know Karate. It is strange how YOU got the real deal and they did not. Tested in combat hunh? Really?

Where is your HQ? Who were the teachers.

Oh and I offer a service for a price, I have never known that to be the definition of a scam.
    Offering services for a price doesn't preclude you from being a scam artist.

Plus if anyone were to actually be turned away by any comments on here, it would be sad considering not a single person who has labeled me a scam-has ever taken my courses or even seen them for that matter.
    Oops I lied. I think it is time for MABS.

But I understand, traditionalists have a hard time accepting reality.
    Says a guy teaching a Native American arts based on the oldest "Americans" in the US.

Psst....That's traditional.
    Seriously, can you stop trying to swallow your foot?

Quit trying to act like there is a secret special way to approach the "res." You treat them with respect like you treat anyone else. Yes, they have traditions no, you aren't the one that got the super secret Martial Arts from all of those different tribes by "gaining respect."

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/22/2010 9:18am

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    it comes from many tribes: Apache, Sioux, black foot, chactaw, Nachez, as wel as many others. The techniques were tested first of all in combat then back here at our hq-they went through two years of testing with us. And because these techniques actually work in real combat, they are very simple and easy to learn.
    Creole,

You don't know squat about the history of tribe migration and the removal from their lands of the various native american peoples over the course of time since the white man arrived. (yeah, I know. Long sentence)

Let's start with the Choctaw, of which you have butchered the spelling.

http://www.native-languages.org/louisiana.htm

http://www.choctawindian.com/

The Choctaw, along with five other southern tribes were moved to Oklahoma following the treaty of Dancing Rabbit Creek in 1830. Many Choctaw died from disease, famine and attacks from white men and hostile Indians including the Comanche, during this transition, which came to be known as the "Trail of Tears".
    Those who adjusted to the relocation were soon assimilated by religious missionaries sent to Oklahoma in an effort to "civilize" the Natives. The missionaries stressed the importance of education in the goal of establishing a better rapport with the white man.
    The Choctaw sided with the Confederates during the Civil war of 1860, an alliance which prompted the Choctaw to become the first US Indian tribe to adopt a flag of their own; the flag, carried by the Choctaw Confederate Soldiers, features a circle surrounding a calumet, and a bow with three arrows symbolizing the three Choctaw Sub-Nations.
    Now I'll warn you before you start with more of your bullshit that my wife is Caddo and hence her tribe is also affiliated with the Chickasaw and Choctaw nations.

Where and who in the Choctaw Nation taught you any native American martial arts?

Natchez:

http://www.accessgenealogy.com/nativ...indianhist.htm

Later they divided into two bands, one of which settled among the Upper Creeks while the other went to live with the Cherokee. Afterward each followed the fate of their hosts and moved west of the Mississippi with them. Those who had lived with the Creeks established themselves not far from Eufaula, Okla., where the last who was able to speak the old tongue died about 1890. The Cherokee Natchez preserved their language longer, and a few are able to converse in it at the present day (1925).
    Apache:

http://www.accessgenealogy.com/nativ...apachehist.htm

Geronimo and his band finally surrendered Sept. 4, 1886, and with numerous friendly Apache were sent to Florida as prisoners. They were later taken to Mt. Vernon, Ala., thence to Ft Sill, Okla., where they have made progress toward civilization. Some of the hostiles were never captured, but remained in the mountains, and as late as Nov. 1900, manifested their hostile character by an attack on Mormon settlers in Chihuahua.. Apache hostility in Arizona and New Mexico, however, has entirely ceased. (See Hodge in Encyc. Brit., "Indians," 1902.)

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/22/2010 9:41am

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sioux:

Hell, here you've lumped in even more peoples than with the Apaches.

http://www.nanations.com/sioux/index.htm

Before changes of domicile took place among them, resulting from contact with whites, the principal body extended from the west bank of the Mississippi northward from the Arkansas nearly to the Rocky Mountains, except for certain sections held by the Pawnee, Arikara, Cheyenne, Arapaho, Blackfeet, Comanche, and Kiowa. The Dakota proper also occupied territory on the east side of the river, from the mouth of the Wisconsin to Mille Lacs, and the Winnebago were about the lake of that name and the head of Green bay. Northward Siouan tribes extended some distance into Canada, in the direction of Lake Winnipeg. A second group of Siouan tribes, embracing the Catawba, Sara or Cheraw, Saponi, Tutelo, and several others, occupied the central part of North Carolina and South Carolina and the piedmont region of Virginia (see Mooney, Siouan Tribes of the East, Bull. B. A. E., 1894), while the Biloxi dwelt in Mississippi along the Gulf coast, and the Ofo on Yazoo river in the same state.
    For you to say you trained with the Sioux would be akin to saying you trained with an Asian. A little more specific please.

Blackfoot:

http://www.blackfeetnation.com/about...eet-today.html

Of the 564 tribes in the United States, the Blackfeet Tribe is one of only 6 tribes that still lives on ancestral lands. We believe that we have always lived here, and recent archaeological discoveries show that we have indeed been on this land for thousands of years.
    http://www.blackfeetnation.com/about-the-blackfeet.html

Our rugged, picturesque 1.5 million acre (3,000 square mile) reservation in Montana has a population of about 10,000, including 8,500 enrolled Blackfeet, several hundred Blackfeet descendents and Indians from other tribes, and a few hundred non-Indians.
    How long did you spend in Montana?

All of the Native American people that I personally know, and there are many, who practice the martial arts, practice:

JMA, KMA, CMA, FMA, MMA or variations thereof. Other than a couple who build bows in the old way, and a few who knap arrowheads and knives, none practice "Native American" martial arts.

Requesting movement of this or a new thread started in MABS. The OP is full of ****.
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast