Posted On:
    8/24/2010 10:36pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: I fight like a girl :)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    rezgirl,

So glad you made the effort to sign up and give us a true Native American perspective on creole's claims.
    No problem :)

There's a drive among many tribes here to preserve the languages and traditions before the elders have all passed.
    Indeed there is. I am extremely grateful for the creation of immersion schools in many of the communities. It's important.

In our phone conversation, Creole commented that he's 1/4 Choctaw. I haven't had a chance to pursue the existence of Choctaw "reservations" in his area. He's probably talking about a parcel of property designated "indian land".

Again, welcome to the site.
    If he's 1/4 he has enough blood quantum to enroll. One of the rez's he lives near has less than 250 members, I emailed a link to his site to a member of that band to see if there is any possible connection there. But if he originally misspelled Choctaw I doubt he's Choctaw.

Thanks for the welcome.

edit-The closest rez's to him are between two and three hours away.
    Last edited by rezgirl; 8/24/2010 10:42pm at . Reason: added info

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/24/2010 10:55pm

Style: Shorei Goju Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rezgirl,

While you await Creole's reply, you might find this older post of interest.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...ght=swift+deer

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    8/25/2010 3:10am

Join us... or die
     Style: Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108 View Post
    ...But it will be very interesting to see if "Creole" (if he is even actually Creole...or just appropriating another culture) has the balls to actually try & defend himself...
    Unless you can be called "Creole" if your ancestors are North/Central European and North/Russian European...

Look at his eyes, they are blue-grey, a mutation that is original found in Europe and comes from one commen ancestor.
    This mutation is always weaker when it's combined with a brown eyed individual*, so unless his African ancestors had blue eyes (which is genetically impossible) and his Native Americans ancestors also had blue eyes (which is also genetically impossible), he can't be genetic 'Creole'.

*there is a very small percentage where blue eyes are dominant, but this is a chance of 1 in a few thousand and only between two caucasian type of persons. Never when one of the partners comes from outside that genetic pool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiujitsu77
    You know you are crazy about BJJ/Martial arts when...
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee
    ...your books on Kama Sutra and BJJ are interchangeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 on Keysi Fighting Method
    It looks like this is a great fighting method if someone replaces your shampoo with superglue.
    The real deadly:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2010 3:45am

Style: Kick Fun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is reiterates partly what rezgirl wrote, but here is my experience:
    I did my thesis in University on the religion of the Lakota/Sioux tribe. I’ve been interested in Native Peoples and Martial Arts for about 30 years. I have never, in the ethnological records, come across a reference to a Native American martial art and I would surely remember it if I did. That’s not to say there never was one. It was, however, never as formalized as the arts of their genetic cousins who opted to say in Asia. Some tricks of unarmed combat where certainly taught to younger boys along with skills as hunting, tracking, use of weapons and, later, horsemanship. Although many aspects of Native life, their religion to name one, are described in great detail (also in account coming from native elders) there is never mention of anything that would resemble a martial art. In Thomas E. Mails’ “The mystic warriors of the plains” every aspect of plains Indian life is covered but no reference to a fighting system while horseriding and archery are covered in great detail. My guess is that it wasn’t passed on anymore with the beginning of the reservation period. So to claim to have learnt techniques of a native American martial art is very implausible. Go to a any reservation and see if there are any oldtimers who can still shoot with a bow and you might find one or two at best. Some of their knowledge is “relearnt” such as flute player Lakota Kevin Locke who had to teach himself to play the Love Flute because nobody in the tribe still had the skill.
    In my experience some elders are willing to share knowledge with outsiders but many others are sick of people coming up to them and asking “where’s the peyote” or partaking in sweat lodges and then “ sell” their own for huge sums of money.
    If I’m not correct, Mr Creole, please let me know. I’d be very interested…

Posted On:
    8/25/2010 6:30am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I live in the UK and spent the last 2 months teaching martial arts at a summer camp for teenagers in Arizona. One of the other camp instructors was from the Yavapai-Apache Nation, and I asked him about Native American indigenous fighting arts. He looked at me like I had a pair of tits growing out of my head and said, "No, but we do Karate and MMA just like the rest of you."

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/25/2010 8:09am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tmitch View Post
    Rezgirl,

While you await Creole's reply, you might find this older post of interest.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...ght=swift+deer
    If you go to http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php and put Harley Reagan into the search, you'll find tons of info on him. He's a dangerous predator in my opinion (and in the opinion of many others).

Posted On:
    8/25/2010 8:19am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rezgirl View Post
    Now it is possible I suppose that he was scammed by members of a bunch of different Nations, letting him think he was learning super secret indian fighting tricks but I honestly don't think anyone could be that stupid.
    Just when you think nobody could possibly be stupid enough to fall for X, you meet that person, and when it comes to supposed secrets, what little skepticism a person might have often is short-circuited. I did scam-baiting/scam-busting for a few years and it was always surprising to see who would get swept up in a scam.

Plus, he's a 19-year-old male, and they don't come much more stupid than that.

I'm really hoping he's man enough to answer the multitude of questions posed to him by everyone.
    Me too, but I doubt it. He's got a lot of ego invested in his story, so for sure he'll post more, but it'll be defensive posturing mostly.

(any bets on whether his "students" chime in?)

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/25/2010 8:34am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendokan View Post
    Unless you can be called "Creole" if your ancestors are North/Central European and North/Russian European...

Look at his eyes, they are blue-grey, a mutation that is original found in Europe and comes from one commen ancestor.
    This mutation is always weaker when it's combined with a brown eyed individual*, so unless his African ancestors had blue eyes (which is genetically impossible) and his Native Americans ancestors also had blue eyes (which is also genetically impossible), he can't be genetic 'Creole'.

*there is a very small percentage where blue eyes are dominant, but this is a chance of 1 in a few thousand and only between two caucasian type of persons. Never when one of the partners comes from outside that genetic pool.
    There are Creole with blue eyes, but even if a person is a decendant of the French aristocratic Creole (being european in decent) they mainly have brown eyes. So we really can't go by looks.

I did however, manage to contact some Creole activists, sent them links to this site as well as the OP, we'll see what they have to say. It would be really disturbing to find out that being Creole was yet another fabrication. I'd begin to wonder if he was a sociopath.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/25/2010 8:59am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    Just when you think nobody could possibly be stupid enough to fall for X, you meet that person, and when it comes to supposed secrets, what little skepticism a person might have often is short-circuited. I did scam-baiting/scam-busting for a few years and it was always surprising to see who would get swept up in a scam.

Plus, he's a 19-year-old male, and they don't come much more stupid than that.
    I just can't see a normal human being, even if they are just a kid, falling for the same scam well over five times.

Me too, but I doubt it. He's got a lot of ego invested in his story, so for sure he'll post more, but it'll be defensive posturing mostly.

(any bets on whether his "students" chime in?)
    If he and his little buddy are such bad asses why the problem with coming back to his thread and clarifying things? Is he really that easily intimidated? I'd give him a lot more credit if he came back and said okay, I lied, I apologize than just wimping out and running off with his tail between his legs.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/25/2010 9:15am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rezgirl View Post
    I just can't see a normal human being, even if they are just a kid, falling for the same scam well over five times.
    If they want to believe it is true I can. I've watched people go to different "faith healers" selling the same BS, under different names, for decades.

If he and his little buddy are such bad asses why the problem with coming back to his thread and clarifying things? Is he really that easily intimidated? I'd give him a lot more credit if he came back and said okay, I lied, I apologize than just wimping out and running off with his tail between his legs.
    Welcome to Bullshido where more people run away then they spend time answering questions.
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12131415 ... LastLast