Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/17/2010 4:18pm

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So your going back to this gym why? You already know the school is **** so just steer your brother clear. The fact that he finds your dojang too strict could be a sign that he's just looking for an easy ride. Why not spend more time looking for a good place for your brother to train... and maybe broaden your horizons outside of TKD a bit too?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/17/2010 9:56pm

Style: BJJ ultra-noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Yes, we all suck you and I included.

It's funny when I first read that, I read that as:

Yes, we all suck you, and I included.
    I had to read it again a couple of times to make sure. Damn, I'm tired; :XXmonkey:

Posted On:
    8/18/2010 3:58am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Yes, we all suck you and I included.
    *puts on dunce cap*

I'll take my seat in the corner now.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/18/2010 5:36am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by riduan View Post
    So, after only 8 words from your mouth, he decided you`re smart enough to get 1 dan in 18 months ?! Take the sparring classes/extra gear and in one year we`ll see a shiny, new black belt on you !!!
    nah...I'd rather buy one from the web (at least its cheaper!) :)

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/18/2010 5:39am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maofas View Post
    If he presented everything the way you're telling it, it does sound pretty shitty, BUT you can only do so much in a school program. Chances are they won't let the kids spar due to liability issues and the 1:40 isn't his choice. It's gym class, not real martial arts. You could have a professional Muay Thai fighter teaching the class, chances are the most you'll do is hit some pads while he corrects one of the 10,000 mistakes happening at the same time. Instructors do it for extra cash and hopefully to snag a couple of students for their real classes.

Oh, and with 40 kids (and you're possibly not even the only class) and meeting you on his first day you're really going to bitch about him calling you James instead of "Jamie"? Get over yourself, you only had to remember one name.
    Yes, I know its impossible to monitor everyone at the same time. But shouldn't he strive to improve the conditions? Split his big class into two time periods or hire another instructor to help him?

As about the name bit, yeah, I reckon I have overdone it a bit. Sorry!However, he never addressed any of the other kids by their names either. Just the x belt y position from z line (e.g. "the green belt second from the left on the third line, your stance is incorrect")

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/18/2010 5:42am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nomamao View Post
    Don't they have Sanda schools in Hong Kong? But, if you MUST take up TKD, this may or may not be the place for you. I assume that since you're already a TKD blackbelt you've made up your mind as to what is and isn't a good dojang. If you don't think that the place you mention above is worth it, then move along.

If there's nothing else in your area and you really want to take TKD, go and do Sanda; it's just more awesome and you will never worry about how long it takes to get your black belt.
    Sanda? Is that like chinese boxing?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/18/2010 5:46am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tkd panda View Post
    I hope you dont mind but exactly how old are you? I ask because you've attended a childs class but state you hold a 1st dan BB ITF.

on another note the class sounds ****.
    I turned 16 two days ago :) Got my poom belt back in December 2009. I attended the class because a) I was trying to look for a childs class and not an adults one and b) the adult class started at 7 which was way too late (I need to go home and do my homework...grrrrr!). The children's class started at 3:30pm which was the exact time I got off school :D

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/18/2010 6:02am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pokeroo View Post
    So your going back to this gym why? You already know the school is **** so just steer your brother clear. The fact that he finds your dojang too strict could be a sign that he's just looking for an easy ride. Why not spend more time looking for a good place for your brother to train... and maybe broaden your horizons outside of TKD a bit too?
    Yes, but I've promised to attend a months worth of class. I may not go though, if I happen to be too busy.

I have considered doing akido/ jiu jitsu before but then I couldn't find a good dojo near my home/school. I have also recently taken up judo (only white belt though :() and this is my first month in (and its really good!)

As for my brother- he is a very shy person and he's only ten. He won't yell out like it is required to in my dojang when you are punching/striking/standing to attention and he often gets punished for that (ten push ups each time he forgot or was too embarrased). He sometimes is forced to do more than thirty push ups.

He also won't look at the instructor when he was being talked to and he only replies with nods or shakes of his head. The instructor understood his personality but the other kids called him a "mute" behind his back and whacks him on the arm or the leg and say "tell on us if he dares- oh wait!he can't speak!" and then start cackling.

I tried to stand up for him and I told the instructor what these meanies have been doing. The kids were almost expelled. I also spoke to them directly, saying that if they thought they were so good to hit people- then I am going to spar with them! The children after this episode started calling him "mama's favourite child" (even though I am actually his sister) or "dob-ber".

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    8/18/2010 6:46am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you know, when you imagine fatprince's posts being spoken aloud in a indian accent his posts are somewhat bareable.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/18/2010 7:31am

Style: Hung Ga Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    YouTube- 2001 Sanda/sanshou in Hong kong

that's Sanda and I'm pretty sure they will have a school in Hong Kong that just teaches kickboxing with throws. If worse comes to worse, Judo and Boxing should still be around in Hong Kong. You will definitely be sparring and no silly blackbelt to wonder about how long it takes to get.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast