Actual Photo

Posted On:
    8/22/2010 5:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Vlad View Post
    Thats funny! It's amazing that there are so many people around here who get so enraged about stuff that they know very little about (in this case Krav). Since when is is silly to spar against more than one opponent? Just because you don't do it in combat sports doesn't mean you shouldn't drill it for self defense. Krav has something to offer that other styles don't provide, thats why I do it. If I could find an MMA club that drilled multiple attacks and some common street weapon defense then I would do it but that's not an option where I am.
    If you box for defense rather than sport, and if you box against more than one person at a time then you will have some valid points that I would be interested in hearing.... otherwise why don't you shut the **** up and train in whatever makes you happy.
    You are telling me I don't know what Krav is all about and you are right to a certain extent.

What I am trying to tell you is that you don't know what the **** it is like to fight more than person at a time. All the semi-contact drilling in the world will not make a shitty **** sticks difference when fighting three guys bent on beating your face into a concrete block or handy car bumper.

Keep drinking the kool-aid.

I hope you never have to feel what it is like to actually fight more than one person at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2010 7:11pm

Style: BJJ n stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been in a couple of fights with more than one guy at a time, I got the crap kicked out of me once or twice and I held my own on other occasions. Luckily I was either able to get away or things were broken up before they got too serious. I'm not a Krav nutrider, I just know what it's like to be squared off against one guy whose friends decide to get in on the action.
    When I was in college I used to do nightclub security and it was usually one on one inside a club and more than one on one outside. I saw a lot of guys getting badly beaten and quite a few being carted off in ambulances after they got into a fight with one guy who just happened to have four friends standing close by.
    It would be unrealistic to say that by training Krav you will win that type of fight but sparring more than one guy at a time really opens your eyes to how fucked up things can get if it comes down to it. The sparring we do involves a lot of running around and positioning while you look for an escape route.
    I left my bottle of Kool Aid at the door that's why I cross train, if I can find something better then I'll make the switch - not a lot of options out there though.

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    8/23/2010 5:38am

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm actually considering going to my local krav place like once a month or so to try this **** out and see if 'solid delivery systems' make me good at it. The place near me goes pretty hard though so I've heard so minor injuries are pretty common..
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/23/2010 2:19pm

Style: Judo super noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMAMickey View Post
    I'm actually considering going to my local krav place like once a month or so to try this **** out and see if 'solid delivery systems' make me good at it. The place near me goes pretty hard though so I've heard so minor injuries are pretty common..

I think its worth a try. I am going to look into a bjj and muay thai place near me once I get my license. The problem is the contract, but as long as there is a way to cancel it then I should be okay.

Just remember like all other places Krav has the bad schools also. If people are acting like jerks then its not very good. I have gotten hit by accident every so often, but nobody was ever a jerk to me.

Posted On:
    8/23/2010 2:56pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NoGroinNoKrav View Post
    I have gotten hit by accident every so often, .

What? So if you are training correctly you don't get hit?

Seriously?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/23/2010 3:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    What? So if you are training correctly you don't get hit?

Seriously?
    umm no I was saying it should not be filled with jerks who are constantly trying to inflict pain on you during drills. Accidents are common. You should not come home beat up everyday from just drills. Heck even from sparring.

I should learn to be more specific.

Posted On:
    8/24/2010 11:10am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On sparring the tough dude, I'd recommend working angles and footwork - get in and combo, get out. Don't worry about defeating him, just get sharper. If he's a good counterpuncher, all the better for a challenge. You can feint to try to draw out a counter strike to work off of, sharpen your ducks / slips / head movement. Obviously standing in his wheel house is not a good gameplan. If you can't relate to any of these suggestions you need some better basic instruction.

And yes, step it up to a better school - MT / BJJ. You'll get more out of it.

Posted On:
    8/24/2010 11:13am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NoGroinNoKrav View Post
    umm no I was saying it should not be filled with jerks who are constantly trying to inflict pain on you during drills. Accidents are common. You should not come home beat up everyday from just drills. Heck even from sparring.

I should learn to be more specific.
    Oh, I agree.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/24/2010 9:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=chingythingy;2429760]On sparring the tough dude, I'd recommend working angles and footwork - get in and combo, get out. Don't worry about defeating him, just get sharper. If he's a good counterpuncher, all the better for a challenge. You can feint to try to draw out a counter strike to work off of, sharpen your ducks / slips / head movement. Obviously standing in his wheel house is not a good gameplan. If you can't relate to any of these suggestions you need some better basic instruction.

And yes, step it up to a better school - MT / BJJ. You'll get more out of it.[/QUOTE

Once I got over the getting hit thing, I find that the problem is my footwork is crap. I'm so comfortable in the clinch and moving forward. When the person backs up its fine, but fighting tougher opponents is gonna require better footwork.

So yeah I'm gonna train more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345