Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/02/2010 3:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryT View Post
    As to his tai chi training history ... no information given. I smell a rodent.
    I don't know about the previous info, but this caught my eye.
    All it says is that he trained for 30 years. This doesn't tell me much.

He may well have trained somewhere with someone, but where, and with whom?
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    9/02/2010 3:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From his MySpace:
    http://www.myspace.com/orientalmartialarts

Jon Alexander is now 66 and has been training for 50 years in all aspects of martial arts. He has also advised and instructed on numerous films, which include martial arts. Jon is the highest graded Japanese Swordsman within the Zen-Shin-Do-Kenjutsu system and he has mastered many other Oriental arts including Kyudo (Japanese Archery), Sai (Prong Fork), Kendo, Rokushaku-Bo (Long stick). Jon is also a Master and teacher of Tai-Chi-Chuan, Jade Mountain Style Shaolin Kung-Fu and Zen-Shin-Goju-Karate.

Jon Alexander, 9th Dan has trained in and developed many styles of martial arts and is a 5th Dan in Sai, Bo, Kendo. 4th Dan in Tomiki-Aikido and holds ranks in various other martial arts. Jon formally trained with Sensei ITO-KUNIMITSU, 9th Dan., KENSHIRO-ABBE 10th Dan. and MASAFUMI-SUZUKI, 10th Dan., as well as many other prominent martial art teachers, most are unfortunately now deceased. A great many famous martial artists and instructors owe their first ever Dan grade to Jon. Many instructors have gone on to formulate their own styles and methods based on Jon's original tuition methods and Kata.

By the end of 1972, Jon had established over 70 Zen-Shin Clubs throughout Great Britain and abroad. His success continued for many years until in 1984, Jon franchised his clubs to his instructors and moved to Cornwall to re-establish his ideas and re-formulate his style. His success continues to this day with many old students eventually finding their way back to his original teaching. He even had to advise a martial arts magazine that reports of his death were "greatly exaggerated". Jon invites all old and new style students to contact him. He also states that he has never been on the doors, never taught Navy Seals or trained Special Forces, but has miraculously somehow managed to stay undamaged, visually unscarred and vibrantly alive and well. He now lives in Cornwall.
    Website is down for maintenance at present:
    http://www.training.orientalmartiala...ZSBK/ZSBK.html

I note that in the archived version of his own BB registry (screenie posted on page 1)
    http://web.archive.org/web/200801241...structors.html

He claims 9th degree Karate, Kenjutsu, Tai Chi Chuan, Kobudo, Kyudo, Kung Fu, Kendo and Aikido.

Posted On:
    9/02/2010 3:44pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Again, no details of his Taijiquan training other than stating that he trained in it.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    9/02/2010 3:47pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmmm. A quick Google later...

http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/u...&Number=161433

Re: Zen shin budo - Sensei Jon Alexander [Re: Joel^R^] Midnightcrawler
    Dragon

Loc: England Jon Alexander used to run ZZK / ZSR Karate in the 1970's. He is still as far as I can see highly respected. Although I've never had anything to do with sword work I know one of his sword sens, and he's a decent enough guy.

One odd thing though, ZZK / ZSR was the forerunner of the dreaded Bushido (BAMA) school, on which there was a massive thread earlier this year and last year. So your guess is as good as or better than mine.
    EDIT: He was mentioned on e-budo in 2006 - it's claimed there that he was selling black belt courses on eBay.
    http://www.e-budo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35341
    Last edited by Larus marinus; 9/02/2010 4:06pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/02/2010 4:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is "Jade Mountain Style Shaolin Kung-Fu", I wonder? Masafum Suzuki founded an organization called Zen Nihon Budo Renmei. It still exists -

http://www.alljapanbudofederation.com/history.html

- and will have a record of Alexander Shihan's 'formal' training with Suzuki.

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    9/02/2010 4:26pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryT View Post
    What is "Jade Mountain Style Shaolin Kung-Fu", I wonder? Masafum Suzuki founded an organization called Zen Nihon Budo Renmei. It still exists -

http://www.alljapanbudofederation.com/history.html

- and will have a record of Alexander Shihan's 'formal' training with Suzuki.
    Are you going to contact them and ask if they've got any record of Alexander? I can, if you wish.

Damn, who was that guy on here who was really interested in ferreting out people who namedrop Kenshiro Abbe - but were unknown when Abbe was alive?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/02/2010 4:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Larus Marinus: It would be good if you would contact them. I'll be glad to apologize if I'm wrong; but my bet is that they'll never have heard of him. I don't know how anybody could check the Abbe story.

Posted On:
    9/02/2010 9:34pm

Style: Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    His kendo credentials should be easy enough to verify, just write the BKA. He's claiming 5th dan there, not 9th. If it was 9th it'd be automatic BS - there are no non-Japanese who are 9th dan, and the rank is no longer awarded.

ETA - thought he sounded familiar, we talked about him on e-budo a few years back. Guys who were currently practicing in Cornwall had never heard of him at that time.
    Last edited by NeilG; 9/02/2010 9:39pm at .

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    9/02/2010 10:58pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll bet my monthly pay-check Jon Alexander never formally studied under Abbe Kenshiro.

Alexander displays all the BS characteristics of other people who've previously claimed to have Abbe as their teacher.

*IF* Alexander studied under Abbe it will have been primarily either Judo or Aikido because these were the two prominent arts Abbe taught in the United Kingdom.

For a point of record, Abbe arrived in the UK in 1955, spoke (or learned) very little English throughout his entire stay and had a great many students and only a very few that could genuinely refer to him as their "teacher".

If we can establish which art Alexander claims to have "formally" studied under Abbe I can make a few simple enquiries with people who were students of this teacher in the 1950's - Two of whom actually have accounts here !
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    9/03/2010 12:36am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, HS - I was actually thinking that I should contact you WRT this. I figured that you might be someone who had knowledge when it came to Kenshiro Abbe and who I need to get in touch with in order to verify a claimed 4th Dan in Tomki Aikido...

Emails have been pinged off to the All Japan Budo Federation and British Kendo Association. Will let know if hear.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast