Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/18/2010 8:15am

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Complete and total bullshit.
    And from the Taiji sequence in the training video, I already spotted several technical mistakes including double weightednes and complete extension of the limbs.

I'll go through this more thoroughly tonight, but there's absolutely no way this guy is qualified to teach.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/18/2010 2:02pm

Style: Kickboxing, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for all your hard work guys. I managed to dig something else out today aswell.

http://www.bucksherald.co.uk/healtha...ern.2951835.jp

It's an interview with the local paper done a few years back and it says Chris studied at a place called Street Wise near where I work. However they practice a made up system called Te Ashi-do Jutsu which doesn't correspond with his list of achievements; unless he is classing it as Kickboxing which as a Kickboxer I find insulting.

Keep up the great work guys I will compile everything we find into a email in a few weeks and ask him to provide some answers if he can't then we can consider him exposed and I will provide the information to anyone that I feel should know the trueth.

I really feel sorry for his students. :(

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    8/18/2010 2:05pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Found this local paper story on CA from 2007, which contains a little background on his training.

http://www.bucksherald.co.uk/healtha...ern.2951835.jp

Quote Originally Posted by The Bucks Herald
    TMA was founded by its chief instructor Chris Allen, who holds the rank of 2nd Dan Black Belt in kickboxing and 1st Dan Black Belt in judo.

Chris has 22 years experience in the martial arts and is a qualified weapons instructor, competition referee and judge. He has also competed at national and European levels for four years. In 2005 he took bronze in the European Championships.

Chris set up the school with the assistance and support of his own instructor, Master Richard Farmer of Streetwise in Hemel Hempstead, in 2005. TMA has grown from a one-hour class per week to 12 hours per week.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bucks Herald
    Speaking on his life before Tring Martial Arts Chris added: "I began my martial arts career when I was nine-years-old, attending judo classes in my home town in Cornwall. After reaching 1st Dan in judo, I tried many different styles including ju jitsu, tai kwon do and kickboxing. In April 2005, under the tuition of Master Farmer, I achieved the rank of Black Belt 1st Dan in kickboxing.
    This is the website of Mr Allen's kickboxing teacher, Richard Farmer:
    http://www.streetwiseweb.co.uk/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by the above site
    The founder and senior instructor at Streetwise, Mr. Richard A Farmer HOF. WBOB. IBU, is one of the UKs top martial arts instructors. Richard who is a 4th Degree / Dan Black belt in 3 Styles of Martial arts and 6th Degree in Te Ashi-Do also holds the following:Inducted into the Martial Arts Hall of Fame
    Full Member of the International Bodyguard Union
    Full Member of World Board of Black belt
    Certified Warlord (Only 26 outside of Japan)
    Chief / Senior Instructor & Co-founder of the Te Ashi-do Jutsu system
    Fully Qualified Instructor and Grading examiner
    Advanced Weapons Instructor City & Guilds in Teaching
    Referee in Semi, Light & Full contact
    Registered with the Association of Self-Protection Instructors
    Qualified First Aider
    Y.M.C.A Fitness instructor and Weights training Instructor
    NVQ Coach
    It would seem that Mr. Farmer has been mentioned on this site before, though it was before my time here...

UK Bullshido - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

My new favourite title... - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

EDIT: I guess I was writing this at the same time as SnickersUK's post above.
    Last edited by Larus marinus; 8/18/2010 2:09pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/18/2010 2:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Larus marinus View Post
    EDIT: I guess I was writing this at the same time as SnickersUK's post above.
    Dude it's all good :)

I'm amazed he has a qualification in kickboxing from someone that doesn't teach it....

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    8/18/2010 3:15pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It says on Farmer's site (just had another look) that he's

http://www.streetwiseweb.co.uk/3.html
    Quote Originally Posted by the link above
    Founder & Chief Instructor, HOF, WBOB, IBU, Warlord, 6th Dan Te Ashi-Do Jutsu, 4th Dan Kick-Boxing, 4th Degree Tae Kwon-Do 2nd Dan Kenjutsu-kai (sword), Level 1 Instructor Krav-Maga, NVQ Level 2 Coach.
    As for what type of kickboxing, well your guess is as good as mine...

btw, now knowing the name of CA's instructor, I located this.
    http://www.wuma.uk.com/old/Tournamen...esult2005.html

Mr. Allen did actually take 3rd place in the WUMA (i.e. Deadly Dicker's org) European Championships 2005. Twice, in fact - in 'Advanced Men Points +90kg' and 'Men Continuous Advanced +90kg'.

Posted On:
    8/18/2010 3:57pm

Style: 5x5, 5.56mm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been out of training for a while so maybe out of touch but I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as 'the' european champion. There are so many kickboxing orgs across Europe that have all kinds of turnouts, levels of quality and rules it would be hard to place anyone as an overall champion, 'a' champion, sure.

Belts in kickboxing work the same way over here, in my opinion kickboxing clubs shouldn't have them but they often do to make money, even in tough competetive clubs as well as mcdojos so it's hard to guage his level of skill from this. It doesn't mean he's lying though, he probably has 'earnt' one.

I'll look into more official rankings when I can and try and get up to speed.

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    8/19/2010 3:06am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, SnickersUK - what's your experience with this guy? What was it that led you to become suspicious of him/his methods and start a thread here?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/19/2010 3:53am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Larus marinus View Post
    So, SnickersUK - what's your experience with this guy? What was it that led you to become suspicious of him/his methods and start a thread here?
    Well I used to live in Tring and looked in to his club about a year ago when I wanted to start practicing a martial art again. When I looked at his site I couldn't help but notice how Mickey Mouse it looked to the point of almost being embarrassing.

Needless to say I joined another club who are much more reputable and have a great teacher with a no BS approach. However it still frustrated me knowing that this guy was teaching just around the corner and that he is basically diluting martial arts for his own personal gain.

On top of that he has a large student base and having seen some of their videos compared to some from our club I was staggered at the difference in quality for someone who proclaims to be so qualified.

I only found your site about a month ago and I was amazed with the investigation work that has been carried out and having been suspicious of this guy for almost two years now I thought it would be interesting to see what came back.

I think my main quibble is that I went to a TKD place when I was 14 that operated in a similar way to him; no real sparring or resistance training and as a result I was lead to believe I was a competent fighter and able to defend myself. I later found out just how unprepared I was when it came to a real fight and it really felt like I had been conned for two years. I want to avoid others experiencing this.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/20/2010 9:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Email Sent

I have sent the following email to Chris to give him the oppertunity to verify his qualifications.

Hi Chris,

I hope you are well.

Some information has come to light regarding the qualifications you have listed on your website. Can you please comment on the following points via http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...t=99311&page=1.

You have listed that you have a 6th Degree black belt in Oriental Martial Arts and a 3rd Degree black belt in Kickboxing, was this achieved while attending Street Wise martial arts in Hemel Hempstead and how long did it take to achieve?

Regarding your 3rd Degree in Krav Maga can you please clarify whether this is a certified belt or a certificate? I believe you obtained this from Moni Aizik who is not a member of the British Krav Maga Association. In addition to this he has been subject to investigations that have discredited the legitimacy of his Krav Maga.

With regards to your 5th Degree Master of Tai Chi qualification can you please confirm whether this was through Shihan Jon Alexander and how long it took to achieve? It appears that you increased from a 1st degree black belt to 5th degree within a 2 year period can you please verify this and give details on the training involved to achieve such a jump.

Are you able to provide further information on your Judo qualification? And are you still practicing/teaching Judo today?

I understand that this email may come across as intrusive however its purpose is to ensure that your reputation as a martial arts instructor is upheld and to ensure those who try to falsify qualifications can be brought to light.

Kind regards,

SnickersUK

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    8/20/2010 12:35pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SnickersUK View Post
    I have sent the following email to Chris to give him the oppertunity to verify his qualifications.

Hi Chris,

I hope you are well.

Some information has come to light regarding the qualifications you have listed on your website. Can you please comment on the following points via http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...t=99311&page=1.

You have listed that you have a 6th Degree black belt in Oriental Martial Arts and a 3rd Degree black belt in Kickboxing, was this achieved while attending Street Wise martial arts in Hemel Hempstead and how long did it take to achieve?

Regarding your 3rd Degree in Krav Maga can you please clarify whether this is a certified belt or a certificate? I believe you obtained this from Moni Aizik who is not a member of the British Krav Maga Association. In addition to this he has been subject to investigations that have discredited the legitimacy of his Krav Maga.

With regards to your 5th Degree Master of Tai Chi qualification can you please confirm whether this was through Shihan Jon Alexander and how long it took to achieve? It appears that you increased from a 1st degree black belt to 5th degree within a 2 year period can you please verify this and give details on the training involved to achieve such a jump.

Are you able to provide further information on your Judo qualification? And are you still practicing/teaching Judo today?

I understand that this email may come across as intrusive however its purpose is to ensure that your reputation as a martial arts instructor is upheld and to ensure those who try to falsify qualifications can be brought to light.

Kind regards,

SnickersUK

That looks like a reasonable email to me, though just to keep things straight, I believe that Mr. Allen's ranking in Oriental Martial Arts also came from Shihan Alexander - not Mr. Farmer.
    Last edited by Larus marinus; 8/20/2010 12:38pm at .
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast