Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/11/2010 5:30pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Sifu Dave, the real deal.....from anecdotes of course

OK religiosity aside, I lived with this guy for about 5 years, here's what I know.
    He lived in Tibet for three or four eight-ten month stretches from like 1987- 1993 in a monastary and prayed with the monks

He was a former Naval Engineer and worked on the engines for Nuclear Subs in the late 1970's early 1980's, he was honorably discharged after being exposed to high doses of radiation and almost died

He studied Martial Arts for 30+ years in Rochester NY and LA, he also taught in NYC

He is an unbelieveable athlete and extremely strong

He maintains 6% body fat all year long no matter what he eats

He has squated over 500 lbs clean, bench pressed 2.5 times his weight, he could do 100 yards of continuous back flips front or backward and 50 pull ups. He weights about 170 and is 5'8-5'9

He climbed a 30 floor NYC residential tower on 81st and Third Ave. balcony by balcony without rope, a ladder or any gear in front of 10 people, to the top till the cops forced him down in March 1991

He climbed a 60 foot clock tower without any gear or gloves and changed the time with his feet in April 1989

He can absolutely catch arrows shot from a heavy compound cross bow both sighted and blindfolded (the archer needs to be fairly good)

He has made a living counting cards in Las Vegas for at least 6 months at a time

He was a competitve free style martial artist and I have witnessed him beat down dozens of people in groups of up to 7

he removed the lug nuts off my buick skylark using only his fingers to change a flat in 1990

he blew out 3 large (4 candle) candleabras from 25 feet away in front of 50 people at my wedding in 1996

He is a good dude and a good martial artist: a lightening fast striker, unbelievable balance, great threshhold of pain, excellent technique, probably not the best ground fighter at least up to 1991 but the dude is now almost 50 so to discuss him as an MMA guy is really inappropriate

Just wanted to set the record straight

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/20/2010 6:30pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    but his greatest failure was when the joker killed his sidekick, Jason Todd, (the second robin) and that sidekick came back from the dead and kicked some ass.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/20/2010 6:36pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by synergydmr View Post
    OK religiosity aside, I lived with this guy for about 5 years, here's what I know.
    He lived in Tibet for three or four eight-ten month stretches from like 1987- 1993 in a monastary and prayed with the monks

He was a former Naval Engineer and worked on the engines for Nuclear Subs in the late 1970's early 1980's, he was honorably discharged after being exposed to high doses of radiation and almost died

He studied Martial Arts for 30+ years in Rochester NY and LA, he also taught in NYC

He has squated over 500 lbs clean, bench pressed 2.5 times his weight, he could do 100 yards of continuous back flips front or backward and 50 pull ups. He weights about 170 and is 5'8-5'9

He climbed a 30 floor NYC residential tower on 81st and Third Ave. balcony by balcony without rope, a ladder or any gear in front of 10 people, to the top till the cops forced him down in March 1991

He climbed a 60 foot clock tower without any gear or gloves and changed the time with his feet in April 1989

He can absolutely catch arrows shot from a heavy compound cross bow both sighted and blindfolded (the archer needs to be fairly good)

He has made a living counting cards in Las Vegas for at least 6 months at a time

He was a competitve free style martial artist and I have witnessed him beat down dozens of people in groups of up to 7

he removed the lug nuts off my buick skylark using only his fingers to change a flat in 1990

he blew out 3 large (4 candle) candleabras from 25 feet away in front of 50 people at my wedding in 1996

He is a good dude and a good martial artist: a lightening fast striker, unbelievable balance, great threshhold of pain, excellent technique, probably not the best ground fighter at least up to 1991 but the dude is now almost 50 so to discuss him as an MMA guy is really inappropriate

Dude I like David Carradine as well.

Thanks for the story. Which series is this depicted in I'd like to pick it up?

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    8/20/2010 6:43pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Yes... but how big is his dunda?

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    8/20/2010 6:44pm

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/20/2010 9:14pm

Style: Hung Ga Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I trained with Sifu Dave for a couple of years and he's got a weak point on his body that only I know about. He told me that if I ever hit him there that his head would pop off and that I would be shot by lightning from all over and then I'd be THE ONE. I'm not sure what he was talking about, but he left the day after he told me about that.

Strange, right? Tell Dave I said hi. He'll know who I am.

Registered Member

Deep inside the intestine of a sperm whale

Posted On:
    8/20/2010 10:27pm

Style: Judo, ITF, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But was he a Ninja?

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    8/21/2010 2:34am

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know it's crazy to think or ask about this stuff. Please take no offense. I am sure you are a pillar of truth and honesty in your community, but I would really like some proof.

You know links, videos, picture ...

Something besides your word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Posted On:
    8/21/2010 3:42am

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have also trained withe sifu dave.
    He can make chainpunching work.

Was banned from fighting ufc by Dana White because it just wouldnt be fair.

Shook frodo baggins hand and broke the one ring. (put it back together because he thought Frodo needed to HTFU)

Blocked a light saber.

He is also a really cool guy.And all this is absoulutly true.
    One of Sifu Dave's avengers.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/21/2010 8:33am

Style: No-Gi BJJ/MMA/MT noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak View Post
    but his greatest failure was when the joker killed his sidekick, Jason Todd, (the second robin) and that sidekick came back from the dead and kicked some ass.
    Wrong superhero, man. Lets recap the OP:
    Radiation check
    Superhuman fitness, acrobatic abillities and strength check
    Climbs bulidings in NYC without asecuration - check
    Sences incoming danger blindfolded check

YouTube- Spider-man Original Cartoon Theme Song

Last edited by keyoz; 8/21/2010 8:36am at .
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast