Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2010 12:42am

Style: JUDO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Peter de Been BJJ Gi Comp

Here is some footage of my matches in the PdB Sunshine Comp, I won my weight catagory and got $100 :blob9:

I'm just curious about what you guys think?

1st match: win by triangle
    2nd: Win by Ezekiel choke
    3rd: Triangle again

Also, do you ever have the problem where you think you look super cool doing something in real life and then see the video and realize you kinda don't look that awesome?
    Match 1

Match 2

Match 3

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2010 1:08am

Style: CSW BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've ever seen so many black gis at one time. Good submissions btw. I thought you would for sure get that arm in something when you had the upside down triangle in the first vid, but it worked out well anyway.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2010 2:00am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifes View Post
    I've ever seen so many black gis at one time. Good submissions btw. I thought you would for sure get that arm in something when you had the upside down triangle in the first vid, but it worked out well anyway.
    I was thinking about the armbar, but I thought I shouldn't give up my position, I felt pretty dominant.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/15/2010 7:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone else got any critiques or comments that could help me improve my game?

Posted On:
    8/15/2010 7:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You look like an athletic Steve O. Also you tooled those fuckers SO hard. This means you you should train even harder next comp, you obviously have a lot of dedication and talent for BJJ. Stop jumping gaurd and learn a real sacrifice throw. Working off your back is fine, but wouldn't you find it more beneficial to end up in mount?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/16/2010 1:06am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli View Post
    You look like an athletic Steve O. Also you tooled those fuckers SO hard. This means you you should train even harder next comp, you obviously have a lot of dedication and talent for BJJ. Stop jumping gaurd and learn a real sacrifice throw. Working off your back is fine, but wouldn't you find it more beneficial to end up in mount?

I was in mount the majority of the time. They all pulled guard (all from the same school) and I passed through it like a hot knife through butter.

After the comp I talked to a guy who trains at a local wrestling team (the Ref in the Red hoodie) and said I had been looking for a place to do a bit of wrestling to work on my clinch and takedowns and he told me, why do you need to work on your takedowns, if it's just for BJJ you can just pull guard and if it's good enough you don't need takedowns. I thought that was stupid, so what I said was "I would like to have a more dynamic game and learn to takedown into more advantageous positions" but he again said that you don't need that if your guard game is good enough. I thought that was strange coming from a wrestler.:bduh:

Posted On:
    8/16/2010 2:23am

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mmmm that was awesome to watch man, and congrats on taking out the tournament. From what I recall from rolling with you before you've clearly just gotten better and better :)

But I guess you've already addressed it ... takedowns. That's not even really worth noting since you were completely owning your opponents whether they pulled guard or if you did.

Loved that triangle in first match :) I enjoy that setup myself!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/16/2010 3:57am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ADM View Post
    Mmmm that was awesome to watch man, and congrats on taking out the tournament. From what I recall from rolling with you before you've clearly just gotten better and better :)

But I guess you've already addressed it ... takedowns. That's not even really worth noting since you were completely owning your opponents whether they pulled guard or if you did.

Loved that triangle in first match :) I enjoy that setup myself!

Hey ADM been a while. Thanks, it was good fun. That's one of my person favorite triangle set ups.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    8/16/2010 9:31am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You should give the blue belt division a shot next time for sure. Though every time you grabbed your toes to adjust that triangle I cringed a little. You can get even faster taps with it if you underhook the leg and turn the corner btw...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/16/2010 10:48am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    You should give the blue belt division a shot next time for sure. Though every time you grabbed your toes to adjust that triangle I cringed a little. You can get even faster taps with it if you underhook the leg and turn the corner btw...
    That was one thing I gleaned from watching my videos, and I have made sure to drill this properly the last few days.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast