223545 Bullies, 3833 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 111 to 120 of 211
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 289101112 13141516 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. madmonkey is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    united kingdom
    Posts
    341

    Posted On:
    8/31/2010 4:26am


     Style: Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    !This would be a more challenging game in a Choi Kwang do setting with their 18 belts!
  2. Lebell is offline
    Lebell's Avatar

    Just waiting for the paperboy.

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lolland
    Posts
    12,496

    Posted On:
    8/31/2010 5:20am

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Leave it to the Irish to link drinking games to martial arts.
    Is there anything you don't associate with drinking?
    Goddamn..
  3. judoka_uk is offline
    judoka_uk's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,618

    Posted On:
    8/31/2010 7:10am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The 'Jitsu' club at my university were shocking they did this drill where someone would stand in the middle of a circle and then people would attack them with the slowest most telegraphed attacks you've ever seen. These would be countered by slow and sloppy standing ude garamis and silly wirstlocks.

    We used to invite them to an open randori along with the Aikido people and another Jiu jitsu (sic) club they just didn't respond to our emails so when we asked them in person by showing up at the end of their sessions they gave us some vague half committments and then never showed up.
  4. JudoA is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    242

    Posted On:
    8/31/2010 11:13am


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    The 'Jitsu' club at my university were shocking they did this drill where someone would stand in the middle of a circle and then people would attack them with the slowest most telegraphed attacks you've ever seen. These would be countered by slow and sloppy standing ude garamis and silly wirstlocks.
    Yes this is a "circle".

    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    We used to invite them to an open randori along with the Aikido people and another Jiu jitsu (sic) club they just didn't respond to our emails so when we asked them in person by showing up at the end of their sessions they gave us some vague half committments and then never showed up.
    Sadly this sounds like something they'd do. Did the aikido people and the other Jiujutsu club show up? Please tell me they did.
  5. CrackFox is offline
    CrackFox's Avatar

    You have to work the look.

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Bat Country
    Posts
    3,076

    Posted On:
    8/31/2010 2:04pm

    supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    Leave it to the Irish to link drinking games to martial arts.
    Is there anything you don't associate with drinking?
    Goddamn..
    I may be Irish, but the club wasn't in Ireland.
  6. KO'd N DOA is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    1,593

    Posted On:
    8/31/2010 3:31pm


     Style: Judo Sandbagger

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JudoA View Post
    I notice the lack of TJF people coming in here to defend it (unlike in one of the previous threads), maybe they've finally seen the light. Again we can only hope.
    This is YMAS, from what I know about TJF they like to take the piss out of themselves while they are at it.
  7. vulcan75 is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    28

    Posted On:
    8/31/2010 5:30pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Guys thanks for posting this. I was planning to check out 3 TJF clubs in London - one at City London university, one at King's college, and another at http://www.faogb.co.uk/

    But from these forums it seems Judo is the way to go.
  8. JudoA is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    242

    Posted On:
    8/31/2010 6:07pm


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by vulcan75 View Post
    Hi Guys thanks for posting this. I was planning to check out 3 TJF clubs in London - one at City London university, one at King's college, and another at http://www.faogb.co.uk/

    But from these forums it seems Judo is the way to go.
    Yay I think I've saved another one :happy11:
  9. judoka_uk is offline
    judoka_uk's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,618

    Posted On:
    8/31/2010 6:23pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JudoA View Post
    Sadly this sounds like something they'd do. Did the aikido people and the other Jiujutsu club show up? Please tell me they did.
    Aikido club claimed they weren't allowed to spar, which I can believe, and that their club would be kicked out of their association if they did, which I thought was funny.

    The other jiu-jitsu club didn't respond via email and gave us the same vague non commital response in person.
  10. JudoA is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    242

    Posted On:
    8/31/2010 6:28pm


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    Aikido club claimed they weren't allowed to spar, which I can believe, and that their club would be kicked out of their association if they did, which I thought was funny.
    What? Aikido people are weird. I did one aikido lesson after leaving TJF and it was taught by some guy who looked like Michael Winner and I learnt things such as being stabbed by a knife kills you and hitting someone over the head with a wooden sword is painful for them.

    To spite them I didn't pay for the lesson afterward because they'd wasted two hours of my valuable goddamn time. :5slick:
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 289101112 13141516 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.