Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/29/2010 12:46pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ/ Muay Thau

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He never let anyone see the tattoo of the swastika on his chest. He would always change in the bathroom, which we also thought was a little weird. We chalked up his behavior to personal idiosyncrasies and thought nothing else of it.

Posted On:
    8/29/2010 5:14pm

Style: Les Mills Bodycombat™

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey View Post
    red laces=SHARP or RASH

black laces="nonpolitical" skin

white laces=bonehead
    I always wore yellow laces or dealers. Unless I was wearing a tonic suit where I would wear weedjuns.

Posted On:
    8/29/2010 5:22pm

Style: Les Mills Bodycombat™

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iainkelt View Post
    I'm not any kind of super expert on skinhead history, but most of the early skins were basically poor factory/manual labor workers who weren't at all interested in the whole "mod" scene that was popular at the end of the 60s and early 70s. Lots of pretty boys spending their parents money to dress up in velvet like Little Lord Fauntleroy etc. So they went in the exact opposite direction with jeans, braces, and boots.

So I think part of the issues that skins had with other groups came much more from class than it did with race, especially since a lot of them also were heavily involved with the burgeoning ska scene. Doesn't mean some of them might not have had racial issues, but I think it had much more to do with money/class/alcohol than race. Oh, and razor blades taped under the pointed collars of shirts/lapels, or taped in between fingers was a popular choice.

Sharpies was a variation of smooths nothing to do with sharp. Sharpies were big in Australia too. Basically grown out skinhead with rocker and ivy league bits thrown in.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910