STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    8/16/2010 9:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ADM View Post

This card looks pretty good! I'm picking Edgar again to win, unless Penn has decided to bring the fight to him, I expect the same result (and disagree that he got a straight rematch in the first place!).
    seriously? that is the worst ive seen BJ fight in a loooong time, and the best performance of edgars life. and he squeaked a win. rematch= BJ Penn by brutal raping.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/16/2010 11:18pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Frankie Edgar vs BJ Penn - by sub
    Randy Couture vs James Toney by TKO
    Demian Maia vs Mario Miranda by sub
    Kenny Florian vs Gray Maynard by sub
    Nate Diaz vs Marcus Davis by decision
    Joe Lauzon vs Gabe Ruediger by decision

As for the others I have no idea.

Posted On:
    8/17/2010 1:49am

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    seriously? that is the worst ive seen BJ fight in a loooong time, and the best performance of edgars life. and he squeaked a win. rematch= BJ Penn by brutal raping.
    I wouldn't bet money on this fight (for Edgar to win). But it was more of a 'Edgar MADE BJ Penn look bad in that fight' then BJ simply fighting bad. Edgar controlled the pace of that fight for 5 rounds.

In terms of finishing power, etc, Penn has it over him, so IMO you can't even take that out of the equation.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/17/2010 9:50am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukyomi View Post
    They are regarding Couture v.s Toney as a "MMA v.s Boxing" match. I don't know about Toney's groundwork but I believe Couture will dominate on the ground :)
    Didn't you hear? Toney is gonna knock him out from the bottom? Also I forgot one fight prediction, Florian by, you guessed it, sub (RNC judging by his last three wins).

Posted On:
    8/18/2010 8:22am

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=Alex;2426641]seriously? that is the worst ive seen BJ fight in a loooong time, and the best performance of edgars life. and he squeaked a win. rematch= BJ Penn [QUOTE]

yeah, that was what I was thinking when I was watching it. Penn this time.

I was amused by the Subway reference but then I remember Toney as MW and his sacrifice to make weight. He was missing his "Whopper" - well, he's eating a few of 'em since.

Well, for a Fat Boy (ahem), he still retains surprisingly elusive skills with subtle Head Feints and is always in a position to strike. I can't believe that Randy is dumb enough to try to outbox him so it'll be a leg shoot for Takedown as per Gene Lebell v Milo Savage all those years ago. Unless Lights Out catches him with a knee as he's coming in.

Hmm. The Natural. The Great Reg Gutteridge (UK premier Boxing commentator) was quoted as saying that a wrestler would beat a boxer - his cousin was Jackie Pallo so that's good enough for me. And Mr Lebell. :toothy10:

On hiatus

Posted On:
    8/18/2010 3:35pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Randy Couture - James Toney

See this

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/18/2010 9:40pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I never thought Gabe Ruediger would get another shot at the UFC, but being that he's on a six-fight winning streak I guess he's got his head in the game now. Even if he wins, though, I'll always remember him as the fat guy who wallowed naked in a puddle of his own tears trying to cut weight for TUF.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    8/18/2010 10:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    I never thought Gabe Ruediger would get another shot at the UFC, but being that he's on a six-fight winning streak I guess he's got his head in the game now. Even if he wins, though, I'll always remember him as the fat guy who wallowed naked in a puddle of his own tears trying to cut weight for TUF.
    Really good there. You know that Ruediger came from a surgery and I believe some kind of bacterial infection trying to cut for that fight, right? He didn't go around using it as an excuse and just took the criticism like a man.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/19/2010 11:28am

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just want to know Toney's REAL story here. For month and months he was talking about how he would KO Randy and he wasnt training MMA etc. Then in the last month, there have been a few article that now that state he has been working on grappling for almost a year with the likes of Dean Lister and others. So, it's looking more like a case of Toney playing up the "I'm just going to box" angle while really doing the full training. Anyone know anything on this?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/19/2010 4:29pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Penn via submission or TKO(whichever he feels like, see BJ V Pulver 2)
    Couture via easy submission
    Miranda via TKO
    Kflo via UD
    Davis via KO (this is the only one I really care about)
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast