Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/11/2010 11:27pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Strikeforce - King Mo vs Feijao. Jacare vs Kennedy. Lashley, Gurgel. Aug. 21, 2010

Strikeforce - King Mo vs Feijao

TIME
    August 21, 2010 - FIRST PRELIM AT 6:30 CT

HOW TO WATCH
    LIVE ON SHOWTIME - ORDER SHOWTIME NOW AND GET $25 CASH BACK!

INFO
    STRIKEFORCE World Light Heavyweight (205 pounds) Champion "King Mo" Lawal (7-0) will make the first defense of his belt against devastating striker Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante (9-2) in the main event. The semi-main will match Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza (12-2-1) and Tim Kennedy (12-2) in a clash for the vacant STRIKEFORCE Middleweight (185 pounds) crown.

In a featured, televised bout, undefeated heavyweight rising star Bobby Lashley (5-0), will return to the cage against an opponent to be announced.

Also on the televised portion of an outstanding event, former world champion KJ Noons 11-2) will face Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu blackbelt Jorge Gurgel (13-6) in a lightweight (155 pounds) match.

A special pre-sale ticket purchase opportunity for the STRIKEFORCE event will take place for "STRIKEFORCE Insider" e-newsletter subscribers. STRIKEFORCE Insiders will receive a special e-newsletter with the pre-sale code.

Tickets go on sale to the general public on Friday, July 16 at 10 a.m. CT at www.ToyotaCenterTix.com, by phone at 1-866-4-HOU-TIX, at select Houston area Randalls locations, and at www.strikeforce.com. Tickets will be available at 9am on Monday, July 19 at the Toyota Center Box Office.

Muhammed "KING MO" Lawal vs. Rafael 'Feijao' Cavalcante - 205 lb Title Fight
    Bobby Lashley vs. Chad Griggs
    Tim Kennedy vs. Ronaldo Souza - 185 lb Title Fight
    K.J. Noons vs. Jorge Gurgel
    Jason Riley vs. Daniel Cormier
    Andre Galvao vs. Nate Moore
    Vinicius Magalhaes vs. Rocky Long
    Jose Santibanez vs. Reynaldo Trujill
    Adam Schindler vs. Kier Gooch
    Chad Robichaux vs. Humberto Deleon
    Chad Cook vs. Arteneus Young

Picks?
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    8/12/2010 12:08am

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Feijao, Kennedy, Lashley, K.J., Galvao, Draculino!!!, Rey Trujilo, Chad Robo!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/23/2010 4:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm gonna bring it up: KJ Noons vs. Jorge Gurgel.

The hook Noons threw after the bell was illegal, but probably excusable. it's interesting to note, however, that Noons walked away as he threw the hook, leading me to believe he knew the round was over, but wanted to at least throw one more shot. My gripe is the knee. The referee's indecision/incompetence is a factor, but the fight ended with an official time of 19 seconds of round two. Noons landed the knee on a grounded Gurgel at 18 seconds of the second round. An objectively illegal knee. Had the fight been officially called at 18 seconds, it would've been debatable. Noons was clearly dominating the round after an after-the-bell shot, but that was a knee that should have never been thrown. This should be a NC.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/23/2010 4:58pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Am I the only one who thinks it's strange the guy who beat former WWE wrestler Bobby Lashley is a dead ringer for former WWE wrestler Trevor Murdoch?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/24/2010 12:10pm

Style: Shaolin/Judo/JuJitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought the ref on the Noons fight was horrible. He should have taken a more active role in the matter. If he had done his job, the whole hook/knee thing could have been avaoided. I do not think it would have changed the outcome of the fight, but it made everything look bad.

I was surprised Lashley did not do better and was disappointed in Kennedy.