Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 67 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/13/2010 8:08pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We knew this was the case, but I just got an email back from Renzo...

Thank you for your email. This person is not a renzo gracie black belt

On August 11, 2010 at 2:19 AM loriwetzel@verizon.net wrote:

> Elle Wetzel sent a message using the contact form at
    > http://renzogracie.com/contact.
    >
    > Hello Sir, I am working with the web site Bullshido and inquiring about David
    > Martinez Jr. He claims he trained with you in Brazil and was awarded a Black
    > Belt in Jujitsu from you after ten months of training and competing in
    > Brazil. I would appreciate if you could verify his lineage and I would like
    > to post the response in the thread on Bullshido relative to Mr. Martinez.
    >
    > Thank you very much for your time.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/13/2010 9:59pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Got a text from the Scott Adams: "Who?"

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/14/2010 10:51pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing, BJJ (white belt)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Apparently Ben Rothwell went to high school with this guy and states he was a liar then, and a liar now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rothwell
    Oh my! This is so fucking funny that this piece of **** is getting exploited.
    DaveM started training at Dave Strasser's Freestyle Academy.
    He sucked balls and Strasser hated him. This DaveM is 0-1 on the fight finder with his lone loss at a FCC "Freestyle combat challenge"
    Everyone hated him in highschool because of his habitual lying. Yeah I went to school with this sack of ****.The picture with him wearing a blackbelt made me wanna throw up.
    If this idiot shows up in Kenosha I'll curb stomp him for all of you and how he has disrespected all martial arts. I want to find his gym and make a special appearance. I'll bring the Flip. lol
    Rothwell

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/16/2010 2:10pm

Style: BJJ ultra-noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is the Martinez discussion from the Wisconsin Combat Sports forum:

http://uscombatsports.com/wisconsin/...ther-hack.html

An interesting thing to note was in the discussion (July 2009) -- it was posted

Quote Originally Posted by OMALLEY
    That is Dave and it is his page. Like Hank, I also trained with him - when Hank trained with him - at Strasser's. I sent him a myspace message about the content of his page and he said it was his wife that put that stuff on there and that he was unaware of it until I pointed it out. He has since taken it down.
    Apparantly, this stuff was all taken down off his myspace page in 2009 but looking at the thread, it was the same claims as on the MMA revolution.

Now according to the UG, one person claims to have been in contact with David Martinez and accordingly this is what Martinez replied in an email -- though I would dearly like to hear from Martinez here himself, since IMHO, "I read this guy on the internet forum" is not a exactly what I'd call a reliable source :psyduck:

Quote Originally Posted by ashe101 on UG
    No time to read through all the pages so forgive me if I'm behind. I emailed this guy to get his side of the story. I actually tried baiting him using my credentials (I write for an MMA magazine and have an ESPN MMA radio show in Texas). He did respond and here's what he wrote:

"I have deleted that web site, I had a student of mine put the site up, when it was first up all the lies and bullshit were not there, then that student stopped coming in and when he did come back wanted to use my gym for free, when I said no he obviously put all that crap on. I no longer have a gym and have cancled the web site."
    So his wife put the stuff on his myspace without his knowing about it, and his web site was put together by a student... All those claims without his knowledge...

Mr. Martinez, if you are reading this in internet land, would you please log in and set the record straight from your perspective?

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/16/2010 2:18pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, I was waiting for the "<insert person webmaster web designer wife> got my credentials wrong" Bullshit answer.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    8/16/2010 2:23pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Yes, I was waiting for the "<insert person webmaster web designer wife> got my credentials wrong" Bullshit answer.
    Perhaps he and Armen use the same Webmaster.

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    8/16/2010 4:52pm

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingo View Post
    Here is the Martinez discussion from the Wisconsin Combat Sports forum:

http://uscombatsports.com/wisconsin/...ther-hack.html

An interesting thing to note was in the discussion (July 2009) -- it was posted

Apparantly, this stuff was all taken down off his myspace page in 2009 but looking at the thread, it was the same claims as on the MMA revolution.

Now according to the UG, one person claims to have been in contact with David Martinez and accordingly this is what Martinez replied in an email -- though I would dearly like to hear from Martinez here himself, since IMHO, "I read this guy on the internet forum" is not a exactly what I'd call a reliable source :psyduck:

So his wife put the stuff on his myspace without his knowing about it, and his web site was put together by a student... All those claims without his knowledge...

Mr. Martinez, if you are reading this in internet land, would you please log in and set the record straight from your perspective?
    It would be one thing if he put up a bunch of BS remarks on a website, but I seriously doubt a disgruntled student went so far as to post a false resume that did contain some factual stuff (he worked for XYZ gym, wrestled in HS) and a whole lot of nonsense.

I'm more inclined to believe the gentleman who said he is a habitual liar and always has been. That makes more sense to me.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/16/2010 5:09pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeFan View Post
    It would be one thing if he put up a bunch of BS remarks on a website, but I seriously doubt a disgruntled student went so far as to post a false resume that did contain some factual stuff (he worked for XYZ gym, wrestled in HS) and a whole lot of nonsense.

I'm more inclined to believe the gentleman who said he is a habitual liar and always has been. That makes more sense to me.
    Yes, I agree. Although, if he can provide proof like Pat M. I'll change my tune.

We know that won't happen.

Posted On:
    8/18/2010 11:34am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've known david for almost a year and obvously knew he was a fake but never had proof until i read these forums. If any one is interested his personal cellphone number is x-xxx-xxx-xx. He hasn't been instructing MMA for almost 7 months now after being fired from his last gym. I also have information on where to find him if you guys wanted. I've found atleast 4 forums about this him but bullshido is the only one that i can create an account on so please spread this information to all the other sites.
    Last edited by Rock Ape; 8/18/2010 2:09pm at . Reason: Removal of telephone number

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    8/18/2010 1:36pm

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RW171 View Post
    I've known david for almost a year and obvously knew he was a fake but never had proof until i read these forums. If any one is interested his personal cellphone number is xxx-xxx-xxxx. He hasn't been instructing MMA for almost 7 months now after being fired from his last gym. I also have information on where to find him if you guys wanted. I've found atleast 4 forums about this him but bullshido is the only one that i can create an account on so please spread this information to all the other sites.
    I believe that would be considered harassment, which isn't what we want to do. If I may ask, what is your relationship to Mr. Martinez? We're you a former student of his? Any stories you'd like to share?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 67 LastLast