Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/11/2010 12:28pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This Guy Has Scam Written All Over It. Sakuraba Gave Him His Japanese Jiu Jitsu Blackbelt ? He Has A Black Belt In Sambo From Russia ? As Far As I Know Russians Don't Give Out Black Belts In Sambo In Russia, That Was A More American Thing, Thats Why Lloyd Irvin Has A Black Belt In "Combat Sombo". Plus I Live In Chicago....And Since There Are So Many Legit Schools Around Here Like Flo MMA, Brazil 021, Valko BJJ, Gracie Barra, The Olympia Center (Formerly Xtreme Couture Chicago) The Idea That People Are Wasting Money When They Could Be Getting Better Training Is Sickening

Sick double leg.

Posted On:
    8/11/2010 12:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Unless he goes by an alias, he was not the NJ wrestling state champion. Seems an awful petty thing to lie about.

Source: http://njwrestlingnews.com/StateChampions.html

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    8/11/2010 12:42pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Russia vs. the World….Veteran (I fought on the Russian team) ‘02
    Russia Vs. The World #'s 3 & 4 were held in 2002
    Results here and here
    for cross-reference sake #1 is here and #2 is here and the entire list is here

Posted On:
    8/11/2010 12:44pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for all the info guys. I feel really bad that people are actually giving their money to this guy. Hopefully, there will be some redemption.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/11/2010 12:47pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by God_Of_MuayThai View Post
    This Guy Has Scam Written All Over It. Sakuraba Gave Him His Japanese Jiu Jitsu Blackbelt ? He Has A Black Belt In Sambo From Russia ? As Far As I Know Russians Don't Give Out Black Belts In Sambo In Russia, That Was A More American Thing, Thats Why Lloyd Irvin Has A Black Belt In "Combat Sombo". Plus I Live In Chicago....And Since There Are So Many Legit Schools Around Here Like Flo MMA, Brazil 021, Valko BJJ, Gracie Barra, The Olympia Center (Formerly Xtreme Couture Chicago) The Idea That People Are Wasting Money When They Could Be Getting Better Training Is Sickening
    Yeah, you need to check your remarks. This officially a recommendation. Either contribute or start another threads for comments.

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    8/11/2010 12:58pm

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fuhqfour20 View Post
    Thanks for all the info guys. I feel really bad that people are actually giving their money to this guy. Hopefully, there will be some redemption.
    Well it is possible that the guy does know his stuff and is a good teacher, but has a severely bloated resume. Still, it's not cool to blatantly lie about your history to attract students.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2010 2:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    His resume claims that he fought for Pride in 1999. Pride ran four events that year: Pride 5, 6, 7 and 8. David's name is not mentioned in the records of any one of those events, at least not according to the Pride website (now maintained by Zuffa) or Wikipedia.

M-1 held two "Russia vs. the World" events in 2002, and those were Russia vs. the World #3 and #4. Again, this time according to Sherdog, David's name is not mentioned anywhere on either card. Furthermore, this would have coincided with his time at Wilmot Union High School. I suppose it's possible that they let one of their coaches run off to St. Petersburg in April and November (which is when wrestling season traditionally starts, correct?) of the same year, but I would personally doubt it.

Posted On:
    8/11/2010 5:55pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi guys, long time lurker first time poster. I started lurking here after a google search and coming across the tiger klay thread from years ago. I respect the research and dedication that people have put into these forums (and exposing the mcdojos and frauds out there!).

I came across this thread (and actually suggested that this topic be posted here on jiujitsuforums.com, I'm medic_RN there) and I did some research myself. This guy's resume is pretty impressive however I doubt that any of it is legitimate.

I checked NAGA's website and I do not see David's name anywhere on the results for the 2005 world championship.

http://www.nagafighter.com/index.php...ntdetailpage/6

I checked some of the other NAGA comps (such as Illinois, his state of current residence) and no luck there either.

http://www.nagafighter.com/index.php?module=eventpage

Since his resume lists such an incredible record, training, and name dropping, I figured this was bulshido worthy!

I'll dig around some more and see what else come up.

Something funny I came across was someone with the same name as me placed first at the 2005 NAGA worlds! Too bad it wasn't me, just someone with a kick ass name.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2010 7:28pm

Style: BJJ ultra-noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought it was just too fake to be real, you post up a fake website with a PDF.. and see where it takes you :) But it looks like I was wrong, I once again underestimated the stupidity of some members of the human race (I should stop doing that...).

He was spamming Myspace in 2009 (Jan 15th and Jan 23rd) trying to promote his own fight team:

23 Jan 2009 16:18

Hey,

I just wanted to stop by your page to say hi and see how you are doing. I just want to let you know that I am very thankful for you friendship! Right now I have a lot going on, I am trying to build a dominat fight team, I am trying to get my self back into the fight game, as well as, put on my own fight shows. Our first fight show will be in April. I really need my gym and my fight team to grow and I could really use your help! Could you please put my page on your top friends list? This isn't about money, this is about building an army of great fighters! Thank you for your help! And please feel free to stop in and check out our fight team.

Thank you very much
    David Martinez
    MMA coach
    Hammer Kickboxing
    Haven't dug much more up on that yet,

The other interesting tidbit on myspace can be found http://www.myspace.com/jorgegurgel where in 2008 he states:

24 Nov 2008 00:34

hey. I am sure you here this all the time, I want to train with you and your team of fighters. I am not looking for a free ride I will pay my way. I own my own school, I have faught before. but now I only have my students to train with. I need some one who can push me! Please contact me!
    thanks, David

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2010 7:50pm

Style: BJJ ultra-noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh MySpace is a wealth of information ... I just started to google the number he's been posting every where (and his tmail account) ... this was the first hit...

Quote Originally Posted by Bored, let's chat
    19 Jul 2009 06:08

hey sexy lady, i wanna share some pics with you, if you are interrested email me at martinezmma@tmail.com or text me 262-344-2006!
    Who's account brings up this MySpace page:
    http://www.myspace.com/Samboleader

Kick boxing Jiu-Jitsu,Wi badgers, Sambo, Muay Thia, Wrestling. I also love my dog Sadie.
    about me? I don't know what to say. I am different! I am a big guy, I'm 6 foot 250 lbs. I have about 10 to 12 percent body fat. I use to be a Pro MMA Fighter. If you want to know more about me just ask! Therefore, As tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so thier roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the LORD ALMIGHTY and spurned the word of the HOLY ONE of Israel. Therefore the LORD'S anger burns against his people; his hand is raised and he strikes them down. The mountains shake, and the dead bodies are like refuse in the streets. Yet forall this, his anger is not turned away, his hand is still upraised.
    Sounds a bit like him... I wonder how his Women MMA class like how he's stalking myspace for sexy photos....

Now funny this:

Quote Originally Posted by Martinez MMA myspace
    Martinez MMA's Details
    Here for: Networking, Friends
    Orientation: Straight
    Hometown: Bristol, WI
    Body type: 184cm / Athletic
    Ethnicity: Native American
    Religion: Buddhist
    Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
    Smoke / Drink: No / No
    Children: Proud parent
    Education: Some college
    Income: $60,000 to $75,000

vs

Quote Originally Posted by Other Myspace page
    DETAILS
    Here for: Dating, Serious Relationships, Friends
    Hometown: Boca Roton, FL
    Orientation: Straight
    Height: 187cm
    Ethnicity: Native American
    Religion: Buddhist
    Zodiac Sign: Cancer
    Children: Someday
    Smoke / Drink: No / No
    Education: Post grad
    Income: $100,000 to $150,000
    Interesting how he's suddenly 23, makes twice as much money, gained 3 cm, has a different level of education (suddenly a post grad) with no children instead of proud parent.

It's possible that that SamboLeader (a.k.a Bored) might be someone else posting Martinez's email and phone number but I don't quite think so when enough details between the two myspace pages match.

He's getting creepier kiddies.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast