Actual Photo

Posted On:
    8/11/2010 9:09am

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BaronVonDingDong View Post
    No, I'm also disappointed to find that a thwack with a baseball bat is not the fight-ending blow I'd always believed it was. Now I have to re-evaluate the effectiveness of the home-defense equipment I keep under my bed.
    If you wanna take someone out with extreme seriousness you have to remove hunks of flesh and hopefully some bone. Even what we think of as effective historic blunt weapons had cutty or spiky things on them.

Look into some choppy type stuff like machetes, bowie, Kali type stuff if you can't have shooty stuff.

You never seen someone hit with a bat before? I think it's horrifying because how long it can take and just how fucking cruel it can be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2010 9:16am

Style: Jerry-Bashing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Backfistmonkey View Post
    You never seen someone hit with a bat before? I think it's horrifying because how long it can take and just how fucking cruel it can be.
    No, actually, there aren't that many horrifically-brutal baseball-bat beatings in the English department these days - not since Professor Bloom retired at least.

Maybe I'll put my axe under the bed instead. It's oddly-weighted though, and (I imagine) unwieldy to re-cock if you've swung once and missed. Is there a specific name for the short cutlasses pirates use to board ships? That's the fella I need.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    8/11/2010 9:18am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BaronVonDingDong View Post
    No, actually, there aren't that many horrifically-brutal baseball-bat beatings in the English department these days - not since Professor Bloom retired at least.

Maybe I'll put my axe under the bed instead. It's oddly-weighted though, and (I imagine) unwieldy to re-cock if you've swung once and missed. Is there a specific name for the short cutlasses pirates use to board ships? That's the fella I need.
    ugh ... you'd have to ask a ninja or a pirate, they would know.
    baseball bat attack video
    Spoiler:

YouTube- ‪Baseball Bat Attack‬‎

this one is a little off topic tho. The melon is attacky than the bat.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqHnqj6dPx8

If you could swing like this I guess it could be quick a thing but as they say"balls no hit back".
    YouTube- ‪Combat Commercial‬‎
    also the new senior combat 10"

Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 8/11/2010 9:37am at . Reason: basic literacy and video links
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2010 9:51am

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you let this guy swinging the baseball bat be the conclusive evidance on whether or not a baseball bat is effective then allow me to be the guy that shows if grappling is effective against bigger opponents.

A baseball bat can be lethal and cause serious injury it is surprising these thugs just walked away based on the report the bat made. They sounded like hard hits. The camera is to far away for us to see the hits so we cant tell what type of hits they took. It look like most of his strikes were just keeping them away rather than attacking them.

First use two hands. Next strike the long bones at a perpendicular angle. One good blow to someones arm will cause a serious fracture that usually takes them out of the equation.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    8/11/2010 10:03am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chainpunch View Post
    If you let this guy swinging the baseball bat be the conclusive evidance on whether or not a baseball bat is effective then allow me to be the guy that shows if grappling is effective against bigger opponents.

A baseball bat can be lethal and cause serious injury it is surprising these thugs just walked away based on the report the bat made. They sounded like hard hits. The camera is to far away for us to see the hits so we cant tell what type of hits they took. It look like most of his strikes were just keeping them away rather than attacking them.

First use two hands. Next strike the long bones at a perpendicular angle. One good blow to someones arm will cause a serious fracture that usually takes them out of the equation.

I don't think I have ever seen anyone hit with a bat in a strategic and scientific method. Not saying a bat can't be used right, I just haven't seen it.

In the incidents I have seen people tend to dive on a bat/bat holding limb a little more readily than a blade. Tends to turn it into a grappling match and then someone beats someone almost like form of corporal punishment.

Good advice tho.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2010 10:04am

Style: Uechi Ryu, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow - bat 'technique' forum FTW. Chainpunch to change style field to Bat-fu.

They didn't sound like they hit large meaty muscles, they sounded like they hit hard bony bits. I'm not saying a bat isn't a good weapon, but in this case, against guys that may have been on drugs, it wasn't particularly effective. Or rather, it was more effective pyschologically (kept most the group away from him until he lost it) than it was physically (attackers seemed to - hard to tell for sure - be able to recover and even keep coming).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2010 10:23am

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you think the bat wielder used that bat effectively we cant even begin to have a conversation. Swinging a bat one handed while amped up can have varying effects. Yes that loud sound on impact does make one wonder why is the guy walking away but for all we know it could have it a watch or yes, something hard that does not break easy like a shoulder.

1 Do you think a bat can or can not break bone with proper technique?
    2. Do you think the shock of a serious fracture even compound type wont take you out?
    3. Yes most people you find bringing a bat into play will screw up their advantage. Hell look how many shots typical cops unload to take down a suspect and they are marksmen.

You hit anybody hard in enough in the humors bone they will loose control of that arm. These punks walked away like they took no damage. All I am saying is that your cynical meters are turned all the way up you guys might not be thinking rationally.

Craig Jenkins " Wow - bat 'technique' forum FTW. Chainpunch to change style field to Bat-fu."

Not until I am tired of living up my ninja exploits @ Camp Skeletor.

Posted On:
    8/11/2010 10:26am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think a bat is a great weapon against multiple opponents. The trick would be to keep moving and maintain a decent distance. (not that im speaking from experience)

Although I once saw someone take a beating with a 'bokken' which also pretty affective.

The guy did welll, he dished out some punishment and managed to escape unharmed.
    When your outnumbered 6-1 that's pretty damn good going.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2010 11:14am

Style: Weightlifting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ha, another interesting slightly related bat/weapon story i was at a house party at start of the year and some guys wanted to come in who where not invited... Long story short, they came back about 8 of them and tried breaking in through the front door.

Me and 3 other guys stood in the narrow hall way and just smashed anything that came in after they had kicked the door in, i had a ball peen hammer and my mate had a skateboard, and some one else had a broken off broom handle.

Needles to say this one guy took so many hits to his arms and head (the guy took atleast 5 clean hits to the top of his head with the trucks on the skateboard and they where pretty fucking hard swings) and body i couldnt believe he was still standing and walked away from it all.

Turns out the same night he had to be taken to hospital with 2 broken arms, cracked rib and sevre head injuries and they kept him in for a while so they could monitor him.

All the while he was taking hits he was still throwing some pretty mean punches at me and the others, i also got hit in the face with a brick which came through the front window and had glass in my teeth, shoes, pockets, everywhere haha.

Anyway, turns out the guy was on coke and phet haha and obviously was drinking that night aswell, few months later he see me outside a pub and said sorry

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    8/11/2010 11:32am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I also have a bat story.
    Once upon a time, a fellow student in my Chinese class showed up with his arm in a sling. I asked what happened, and he said he broke it in a fight.
    I got the full story, and apparently someone struck him with a baseball bat, and he blocked it with his arm. Curious, I asked him if it hurt; his reply was "Nah, I didn't feel it at all until later. I even had the guy in a headlock, holding onto the broken arm."
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast