Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/19/2010 11:47am

Style: MuayThai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    It really depends on what judges you are talking about. Also, throws score way higher than knees and should IMO.
    In the true technical sense, a throw from the clinch does not score. However, clinch throws wind up shifting the score in your favor because they show superiority in your balance/control....

The way to make your clinch throws authentically score is to always follow up a throw with a fast strike before your opponent hits the mat. THAT scores huge!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/19/2010 4:27pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Awesome vids. Thanks (as usual) Khun Kao

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    8/25/2010 12:42am

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One thing that I really love watching in these videos is how they continually switch to different control methods/grips and are totally versatile in their clinching. There is no single clinch method that they fight to attain. Different clinch strategies and control methods are constantly being worked with, opening up opportunities to land different throws knee strikes and balance manipulations. The fast tricky grip switching to catch the other person off balance is awesome stuff.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/01/2010 11:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KidSpatula View Post
    One thing that I really love watching in these videos is how they continually switch to different control methods/grips and are totally versatile in their clinching. There is no single clinch method that they fight to attain. Different clinch strategies and control methods are constantly being worked with, opening up opportunities to land different throws knee strikes and balance manipulations. The fast tricky grip switching to catch the other person off balance is awesome stuff.
    Its practically the polar opposite of what most people think of as the "Muay Thai Clinch"....

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    9/01/2010 11:53am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Khun Kao View Post
    Its practically the polar opposite of what most people think of as the "Muay Thai Clinch"....
    You mean you don't have to desperately go for the double neck tie, then hold on to it with all your might? The thing I hear from everyone (especially whenever I go to muaythai tournaments) is how exhausting the clinch is. It shouldn't be!
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/01/2010 1:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KidSpatula View Post
    You mean you don't have to desperately go for the double neck tie, then hold on to it with all your might? The thing I hear from everyone (especially whenever I go to muaythai tournaments) is how exhausting the clinch is. It shouldn't be!
    The only reason I ever get exhausted in the clinch is because I'm old & fat, LOL. However, I do find the clinch can get a bit tiring when you have to clinch with people who are tensed up and spazzing out. Even though I go into "minimal exertion" mode to allow them to tire themselves out, I find you still need to continually exert effort to maintain your posture/position so that you don't inadvertently give up an advantage.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    9/01/2010 4:03pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Khun Kao View Post
    The only reason I ever get exhausted in the clinch is because I'm old & fat, LOL. However, I do find the clinch can get a bit tiring when you have to clinch with people who are tensed up and spazzing out. Even though I go into "minimal exertion" mode to allow them to tire themselves out, I find you still need to continually exert effort to maintain your posture/position so that you don't inadvertently give up an advantage.
    Yeah, that's when it pays to be quick with your clinching and knowing the best way to counter act what someone is about to do before they clamp on to you. A little while ago I sparred with this girl who had very minimal clinch knowledge, so when we would get into clinch range she would throw a body lock around my waist and squeeze as tight as she could. Of course she blasted her own endurance, but it still sucked for me, so after that I made sure to tip her as soon as we'd get in close. Being quicker to make a move can certainly save you from a muscle contest.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/01/2010 10:33pm

Style: K-1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have been to a bunch of different camps in Thailand, i spedd two months there every summer... and Pot is the best trainer I have worked with. Every time he trains me, I learn something new. I try to get as much footage as I can when i am at Sinbi, but it is hard to train and get footage.

I'm glad you guys like the video and happy my good friend Khun Kao post them here for you all to see. If you want to see the rest of the video footage from Sinbi, check out my youtube page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/matthewjnielsen

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/01/2010 10:35pm

Style: K-1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is are a few tricks Pot taught me back in 2008.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_UjYgfZE8E

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    9/01/2010 11:34pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The videos are great, thank you so much for filming them :) I've shared all of these videos with my students to help with their clinch work. Great stuff!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast