Page 1 of 5 12345 Last
  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    638
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    MuayThai Clinchwork as demonstrated by genuine masters of the craft

    "Pot", trainer at Sinbi Muay Thai in Phuket, Thailand vs. Saenchai Sor.Kingstar of 13 Coins Gym in Bangkok, who is Thailand's #1 fighter.

    YouTube- ‪Pot Clinching with Saenchai‬‎

    Afterwards, Saenchai asked Pot "Who ARE you and are you still fighting?!?"

  2. #2

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    638
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another Sinbi trainer, Mr. X, clinch sparring with Saenchai

    YouTube- ‪Mr. X Clinching with Saenchai‬‎

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    1,047
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I really dig the arm control that I see a lot of Thai guys using, it really opens up so many more possibilities for controlling the clinch. Too many people that I've run into seem to think that you don't have a good clinch if you don't have the classic plum.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    638

  5. #5
    Kovacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Kent - UK
    Posts
    1,602
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice work! makes me want to train again and realise how much my clinch actually sucked. Did you find those or are they your own footage?

  6. #6
    WhiteShark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    9,167
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow Pot does two things that I love and I rarely see people do.

    He has the slight forward lean to his whole body. This makes everything you do feel really heavy without really taking any extra energy on your part. It also makes it much easier to break your opponents posture because they will tend to push their hips in to protect themselves which starts to bend their spine.

    He also keeps using my favorite grip ever the cross arm grip that pushes their head out for knees to the face. He does it when the other guy leans his head back or when he gets really good upper arm control.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    638
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovacs View Post
    Nice work! makes me want to train again and realise how much my clinch actually sucked. Did you find those or are they your own footage?
    A very good friend and fellow coach, Matt Nielsen, is in Thailand training at Sinbi Muay Thai in Phuket. I've been linking these videos as soon as he uploads them, and he's been uploading them as soon as he steps out of the gym. Training footage doesn't get more current than this!

  8. #8

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    638
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    Wow Pot does two things that I love and I rarely see people do.

    He has the slight forward lean to his whole body. This makes everything you do feel really heavy without really taking any extra energy on your part. It also makes it much easier to break your opponents posture because they will tend to push their hips in to protect themselves which starts to bend their spine.

    He also keeps using my favorite grip ever the cross arm grip that pushes their head out for knees to the face. He does it when the other guy leans his head back or when he gets really good upper arm control.
    I agree that this is one of the things that make these videos so great! Pot's posture and footwork is SPOT-ON! I mean, c'mon! Pot is literally tossing around Thailand's current #1 fighter like a ragdoll and making it look easy!!!!

    How about Saenchai's throw at 6:55 of the 2nd video (clinching with Mr. X)?

  9. #9
    Torakaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kaka village
    Posts
    10,642
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Awesome, thanks a lot for sharing these. These sorts of videos are so excellent because we simply don't get this level of clinch work over here so it's great to watch as much as we can get to pick up what we can. It's crazy to see someone tossing around Seanchai haha.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

  10. #10

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    638
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KidSpatula View Post
    Awesome, thanks a lot for sharing these. These sorts of videos are so excellent because we simply don't get this level of clinch work over here so it's great to watch as much as we can get to pick up what we can. It's crazy to see someone tossing around Seanchai haha.
    You just *know* I was thinking of you when posting these, LOL!

    It's awesome seeing the difference between Saenchai clinching with Pot and when he clinches with Mister X. Pot (retired) totally dominated him, but Saenchai got the best of Mr. X (current fighter).

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO