Posted On:
    8/16/2010 12:09am

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    moar dispershun plz.

Looks good. I wish I would have been there :(

Did you guys train for being "slick", or for flaks and kevlars?

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Flyweight

Posted On:
    8/16/2010 6:23pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3moose1 View Post
    moar dispershun plz.

Looks good. I wish I would have been there :(

Did you guys train for being "slick", or for flaks and kevlars?
    I don't know what this "slick" you refer to is, but we did not wear body armor. As most of us were civilians and training from a civilian/police perspective it probably wouldn't make sense to gear up. I did however larp it up in full camo.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/16/2010 7:59pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah...we trained without the benefit of armor, or taking into consideration of wearing body armor. Not too many "average joes" have access to body armor...so we trained like we didn't have any--meaning we didn't post up in hallways or try hallway domination schemes as a general rule. We taught a general flow technique in long hallways and cross-door entry schemes on closed-cell room searches.

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    8/28/2010 5:18pm

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I played indoor air soft today with my Camp Skeletor skills and had one kinda casual team try to recruit me within 2 hours and then a sponsored team of serious players approached me about joining up with them at the end of the day. Thanks camp skeletor for helping me make a good impression.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/29/2010 12:24am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity View Post
    I played indoor air soft today with my Camp Skeletor skills and had one kinda casual team try to recruit me within 2 hours and then a sponsored team of serious players approached me about joining up with them at the end of the day. Thanks camp skeletor for helping me make a good impression.
    Any time, Kat. We're already putting our collective heads together for "Camp Skeletor 2: The Revenge of Skeletor" for next year. Much less emphasis on classroom (although I think we did a good job of trimming that out) and more emphasis on practical exercises.

Airsoft is fun...no doubt; but I was hoping that you would give IDPA a try. You have good instincts on weapons transitions (from what I saw of you on FoF Day and Range Day) and really good reloads on pistols. I think that you would excel at it with just a little bit of practice on your drawing and tactical/combat reloads. IDPA often stresses Tactical Reloads (with retention)--not wasting any ammo/mags and every once in a while, a combat reload.

If you're able to make it again next year, you're gonna see some sick FoF scenarios...I've got all sorts of evil **** planned.

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    8/29/2010 1:29am

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    IDPA is high on my to do list. Honestly I kind of want a 1911 before I get into it because I shoot pretty great with a 1911. With a 1911 I can get better groups at 25 yards then I can get with our p226 at 15.

But that's just "i need this new gear to play right' whining so I'm going to make time to get out to an IDPA match in the relative near future even if I have to run a DA/SA 9mm
    Last edited by Anna Kovacs; 8/29/2010 1:33am at .

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/29/2010 11:23am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity View Post
    IDPA is high on my to do list. Honestly I kind of want a 1911 before I get into it because I shoot pretty great with a 1911. With a 1911 I can get better groups at 25 yards then I can get with our p226 at 15.

But that's just "i need this new gear to play right' whining so I'm going to make time to get out to an IDPA match in the relative near future even if I have to run a DA/SA 9mm
    I typically shoot an HKP7M13 or a Glock 17 during IDPA. If I were you, I'd consider a 9mm. It's MUCH cheaper to shoot/train with and won't kick your wallet's ass if you want to go train. I don't particularly care for the 1911...the design itself is faulty and is prone to "fail to feed" malfunctions, plus you're always changing buffers and springs and screwing with the extractor...not to mention, most of the sights are just crappy. That's a lot of badness just to trade off for a single-action trigger pull. It's not too difficult to learn to control a trigger on a Sig or a Glock. In fact, it's pretty easy...it's just that first double-action trigger pull that messes with some people...mostly because they don't train themselves to control the trigger.
    You can do it!

Or if worse comes to absolute worst, get your 1911 in 9mm. Less feeding problems with the "pointy" 9mm cartridge, plus--it's affordable to shoot, less recoil, and more controllability.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    8/29/2010 5:47pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I usually get completely owned score-wise at USPSA and Steel matches, but I'm slowly getting better with practice. Everyone says "front sight, front sight, front sight", but once you've got that, there's so much more to master because there are so many things that can go wrong after you've got your perfect sight picture.

Actually, I was surprised at Camp Skeletor because I felt my performance was a lot better than I thought it would be. It really boosted my confidence.

EDIT: Malfunction clearance and frequent reloads are part of the reason 1911s are fun to shoot, for me. I feel like it makes the game more mentally challenging. Part of the reason I feel so confident clearing type 3 malfunctions is because I used to get them all the time!
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Posted On:
    8/30/2010 12:33am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Skeletor View Post
    I don't particularly care for the 1911...the design itself is faulty and is prone to "fail to feed" malfunctions, plus you're always changing buffers and springs and screwing with the extractor...not to mention, most of the sights are just crappy.
    Please elaborate on the latter part of this sentence.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/30/2010 6:30am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    Please elaborate on the latter part of this sentence.

Certainly, my man. This picture should put it into perspective for you:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast