Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/16/2010 5:54pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtnira View Post
    After having read each response, may I make a suggestion? Actually know the basic laws for weapons in your state. I had to learn that one the shock value way.

I took two years of karate In Japan, and the nunchaku was okay.... Fly back home to California, instant felony arrest potential. Fortunately for me, I was never arrested before being able to dispose of it appropriately. But, it really hit home for me how people walk into trouble not meaning to. I could have permanently lost rights and lost future employment potential right there, over nothing.

The laws were made to control the few bad apples in the bunch, but written for ease of enforcement, which means it is easy to apply to anyone, even people who are only boxing the air for exercise. In this case, the law was about possession, and not about intent.

Knowing the relevant laws of each place you are in will serve you well. Please really hear this suggestion. If you are 18 now, and have another potential 60 years to live, those future 60 will be much easier if you don't have an arrest record, especially not one involving weapons.
    Bravo! To all, read this and know this. YOUR LOCAL LAWS are what matters. And don't depend on martial arts schools for advice, READ the laws and talk to a lawyer if your not sure. Recently, spent $100 bucks asking a lawyer about some real estate questions, not as intimidating as it seems, give them a call and set up a time.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/17/2010 1:45am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: knife throwing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ASP batons might be legal to carry in Boston.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/17/2010 9:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Y. View Post
    ASP batons might be legal to carry in Boston.
    Whether or not they're legal to carry in Boston at large they'll almost certainly be prohibited on whatever campus bobmomento is headed for.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/19/2010 9:10pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1. Never carry anything you can't explain away ie: brass knuckles, double edged knives etc.
    2. KNOW THE LAW AND WHAT TO SAY TO THE POLICE
    3. Look into Lee Morrison from the UK for some insights, he operates under a more restrictive set of laws and has some good info.
    4. Situational Awareness
    5. As a final note look into a carabiner to amplify any gross motor hand strikes. Not the little ones for keys but one that wraps around your hand and is sold in outdor stores
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123