Flyweight

Posted On:
    8/10/2010 4:53pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh yeah, I forgot:

12. Don't backlight or muzzle your teammates.

Posted On:
    8/10/2010 4:57pm

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    #2 is also important because getting your dominant hand taken out is a distinct possibility. Learn to reload and operate your weapon one handed for the same reasons (strong and weak side).

Posted On:
    8/11/2010 12:11am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    #2 is also important because getting your dominant hand taken out is a distinct possibility. Learn to reload and operate your weapon one handed for the same reasons (strong and weak side).
    Would any of you gents mind linking to a video of a one handed reload? I just can't picture how that would work (I'm thinking of a semi-automatic pistol, caliber .45).

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    8/11/2010 12:18am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    Some things I learned:

1. Never clear a room with less than two people
    2. Get comfortable shooting either side, so that you can put as little as possible in the line of fire when covering a corner or room entry
    3. Always cover your assigned area and trust your team to cover theirs
    4. 1 flash light is not enough, 2 is just right
    5. Slow is smooth, smooth is fast
    6. A bad plan well executed is better than a good plan that nobody listens to
    7. When clearing a room, dominate the area
    8. The best odds you can hope for are 50/50, so expect to take fire and get shot
    9. I chicken-wing way too much when firing a rifle, I need to correct this
    10. Learning to deal with malfunctions in a fast but systematic way can save your life
    11. When searching, always check low and high as well as eye level, with emphasis on the high. Almost every time we got ambushed from behind is because we missed someone hiding up above us when searching a previous room.
    You're so money, Money.

That's a great synopsis.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2010 1:00am

Style: CLF

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    Would any of you gents mind linking to a video of a one handed reload? I just can't picture how that would work (I'm thinking of a semi-automatic pistol, caliber .45).
    You're pretty much looking at securing the weapon between your knees and putting a fresh mag in, and racking the slide the same way, or off your boot heel. Googling "one handed reload" returns a ton of videos if you're not getting it.

Posted On:
    8/11/2010 1:03am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by iniquity View Post
    Googling "one handed reload" returns a ton of videos if you're not getting it.
    This has got to be the biggest failure of my Google Fu since I started using Linux (almost nine years ago). Thanks for the description; I'll do another search now.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/13/2010 7:17pm

Style: Boxing newb, HEMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hope this isn't inappropriate, but I was just wondering, was this an "open" event? Was it just for military/law enforcement/security professionals, or was it free for anyone with the appropriate gun licensing?

Posted On:
    8/13/2010 10:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wuss View Post
    I hope this isn't inappropriate, but I was just wondering, was this an "open" event? Was it just for military/law enforcement/security professionals, or was it free for anyone with the appropriate gun licensing?
    Read the stickies, newb.

(Wow, I've finally come full circle)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    cuz FastPass on Indiana Jones was like being a ghetto rock star.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiko
    But graffiti isn't a bowl of fruit...
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    Merely insulting you is not an ad hominem fallacy: them calling you an idiot would be ad hominem if they said "You are an idiot, therefore your argument is invalid."

What is instead happening is thus:
    1. Your argument is bullshit.
    2. You keep repeating, and expanding upon, your argument.
    3. Therefore, you are an idiot.

That isn't an ad hominem fallacy; that's inductive reasoning.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2010 10:44am

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wuss View Post
    here is the thread for the camp [Training] Camp Skeletor August 2010 - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

This was a free oppertunity to learn up to date tactics from experianced trainers. I almost talked myself out of going at the last minute but I like to be a man of my word. Thank God I follwed through. CQB from 15 years ago is more refined today at least from what I was taught and it was instantly obvious I was rusty and clumbsy in comparision to the smooth flow of the instuctors.

If this course is offered for pay I would highly consider it. The instruction was professional and the pictures dont do justice at all it was a blast.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/14/2010 7:03pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've actually already spoken to all of the instructors who were present and they were literally champing at the bit to do something similar in the near future. Although this time, we're going to shoot for late spring (Late April/Early May) or Late Summer (End of September/Early October) just to avoid the heat and humidity.

Camp Skeletor II (or Revenge of Skeletor) is probably going to hit on some of the same basic CQB lessons, but I'm thinking we're going to spend some more time on flashlight techniques, more physical drilling with the incorporation of CQB knife tactics/groundfighting/weapons retention, and some scenario-based practical exercises and "force on force" training. I'm going to touch base with some Bullshido people who are going to be lending me a hand as assistants next camp and hopefully, we'll put together something that will surpass this last Camp experience. Keep in touch, James. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast