228074 Bullies, 4590 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 34
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. money is online now
    money's Avatar

    Flyweight

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    1,579

    Posted On:
    8/10/2010 4:53pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh yeah, I forgot:

    12. Don't backlight or muzzle your teammates.
  2. tgace is online now
    tgace's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    1,329

    Posted On:
    8/10/2010 4:57pm


     Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    #2 is also important because getting your dominant hand taken out is a distinct possibility. Learn to reload and operate your weapon one handed for the same reasons (strong and weak side).
  3. Robstafarian is offline
    Robstafarian's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    1,823

    Posted On:
    8/11/2010 12:11am


     Style: None

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    #2 is also important because getting your dominant hand taken out is a distinct possibility. Learn to reload and operate your weapon one handed for the same reasons (strong and weak side).
    Would any of you gents mind linking to a video of a one handed reload? I just can't picture how that would work (I'm thinking of a semi-automatic pistol, caliber .45).
  4. jnp is offline
    jnp's Avatar

    Titanium laced beauty

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,237

    Posted On:
    8/11/2010 12:18am

    supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    Some things I learned:

    1. Never clear a room with less than two people
    2. Get comfortable shooting either side, so that you can put as little as possible in the line of fire when covering a corner or room entry
    3. Always cover your assigned area and trust your team to cover theirs
    4. 1 flash light is not enough, 2 is just right
    5. Slow is smooth, smooth is fast
    6. A bad plan well executed is better than a good plan that nobody listens to
    7. When clearing a room, dominate the area
    8. The best odds you can hope for are 50/50, so expect to take fire and get shot
    9. I chicken-wing way too much when firing a rifle, I need to correct this
    10. Learning to deal with malfunctions in a fast but systematic way can save your life
    11. When searching, always check low and high as well as eye level, with emphasis on the high. Almost every time we got ambushed from behind is because we missed someone hiding up above us when searching a previous room.
    You're so money, Money.

    That's a great synopsis.
  5. iniquity is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    24

    Posted On:
    8/11/2010 1:00am


     Style: CLF

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    Would any of you gents mind linking to a video of a one handed reload? I just can't picture how that would work (I'm thinking of a semi-automatic pistol, caliber .45).
    You're pretty much looking at securing the weapon between your knees and putting a fresh mag in, and racking the slide the same way, or off your boot heel. Googling "one handed reload" returns a ton of videos if you're not getting it.
  6. Robstafarian is offline
    Robstafarian's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    1,823

    Posted On:
    8/11/2010 1:03am


     Style: None

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by iniquity View Post
    Googling "one handed reload" returns a ton of videos if you're not getting it.
    This has got to be the biggest failure of my Google Fu since I started using Linux (almost nine years ago). Thanks for the description; I'll do another search now.
  7. wuss is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    33

    Posted On:
    8/13/2010 7:17pm


     Style: Boxing newb, HEMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hope this isn't inappropriate, but I was just wondering, was this an "open" event? Was it just for military/law enforcement/security professionals, or was it free for anyone with the appropriate gun licensing?
  8. Robstafarian is offline
    Robstafarian's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    1,823

    Posted On:
    8/13/2010 10:57pm


     Style: None

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wuss View Post
    I hope this isn't inappropriate, but I was just wondering, was this an "open" event? Was it just for military/law enforcement/security professionals, or was it free for anyone with the appropriate gun licensing?
    Read the stickies, newb.


    (Wow, I've finally come full circle)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    cuz FastPass on Indiana Jones was like being a ghetto rock star.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiko
    But graffiti isn't a bowl of fruit...
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    Merely insulting you is not an ad hominem fallacy: them calling you an idiot would be ad hominem if they said "You are an idiot, therefore your argument is invalid."

    What is instead happening is thus:
    1. Your argument is bullshit.
    2. You keep repeating, and expanding upon, your argument.
    3. Therefore, you are an idiot.

    That isn't an ad hominem fallacy; that's inductive reasoning.
  9. chainpunch is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh/ Durham, NC
    Posts
    562

    Posted On:
    8/14/2010 10:44am

    Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: Wing Chun

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wuss View Post
    I hope this isn't inappropriate, but I was just wondering, was this an "open" event? Was it just for military/law enforcement/security professionals, or was it free for anyone with the appropriate gun licensing?
    here is the thread for the camp [Training] Camp Skeletor August 2010 - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

    This was a free oppertunity to learn up to date tactics from experianced trainers. I almost talked myself out of going at the last minute but I like to be a man of my word. Thank God I follwed through. CQB from 15 years ago is more refined today at least from what I was taught and it was instantly obvious I was rusty and clumbsy in comparision to the smooth flow of the instuctors.

    If this course is offered for pay I would highly consider it. The instruction was professional and the pictures dont do justice at all it was a blast.
  10. Lord Skeletor is offline
    Lord Skeletor's Avatar

    Welterweight

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Snake Mountain, Eternia
    Posts
    648

    Posted On:
    8/14/2010 7:03pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've actually already spoken to all of the instructors who were present and they were literally champing at the bit to do something similar in the near future. Although this time, we're going to shoot for late spring (Late April/Early May) or Late Summer (End of September/Early October) just to avoid the heat and humidity.

    Camp Skeletor II (or Revenge of Skeletor) is probably going to hit on some of the same basic CQB lessons, but I'm thinking we're going to spend some more time on flashlight techniques, more physical drilling with the incorporation of CQB knife tactics/groundfighting/weapons retention, and some scenario-based practical exercises and "force on force" training. I'm going to touch base with some Bullshido people who are going to be lending me a hand as assistants next camp and hopefully, we'll put together something that will surpass this last Camp experience. Keep in touch, James. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.