Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/07/2010 4:45pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Video Interview with Ireland's first BJJ Black Belt

Thought you guys might be interested in this :)

SBG Black Belt John Kavanagh talks about how he got started in BJJ, why he chose SBG and a little about the path he took to owning a full-time MMA/BJJ gym in Dublin, Ireland.

YouTube- ‪bjj.ie - straight blast gym ireland / john kavanagh‬‎

There'll be more of these to come, I'm hoping to get a kind of picture of the history of BJJ in Ireland (it's only really been going about 10-12 years) by interviewing a lot more of the guys who pioneered the art who are now long-time coaches. Check out bjj.ie for more!

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    8/12/2010 12:43pm

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had the pleasure to roll with John when he was in town for one of Matt Thornton's seminars.

4 minute round and I was guillotined at least 5 times. Arm drag -> guillotine setup -> half-guard bottom or top finish. Rinse and repeat. He can finish his guillotine with 1 hand due to what I think is uncanny hip pressure. Strong posture only delayed the inevitable. Before that, it had been years since I was last guillotined.

Incredibly nice and humble guy. I'm hoping he comes to town again so that I can catch his seminar.