Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2011 3:41pm

Style: Aikido/JJJ/Judo/GoJu Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can sometimes find TRX bands on Amazon for semi-reasonable prices.

Anyway, I am a pretty big fan. They hep force stabilizer muscle growth. For example, doing body-weight resistance flys are quite the chore when your not used to them. Free weight flys often have the deadspace near the top where you aren't working muscles...not the case with the TRX. There are some great Youtube clips for workouts...you can do so much stuff. Of course; like previously mentioned, its still always important to repeatedly pick up and put down heavy ****.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/16/2011 5:46pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bodyweight culture is selling some suspension trainers that are really reasonable. I've never used them, but I have a friend who does, and he loves them. USA is what it is called.

I have a perfect pull up system that I use religiously. It drops down to allow you to do dips and rows from it. The handles move around so I get some similar benefits from it. That is the only reason I haven't thrown down on some suspension trainers.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2011 8:06pm

Style: Mixed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What about WarMachine. That one is made in America lol

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2011 3:30pm

Style: muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    really dug it. I had to work on my balance a ton (i am not very coordinated) and i found that carried over into my boxing. I'd love to get a set up for the house if i could.

Posted On:
    1/31/2013 10:44pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've used the TRX straps that my buddy has. You can do all kind of variations of stuff. I really like it. I'm saving up to get a set after

Posted On:
    3/08/2013 7:43am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: mma

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jspeedy View Post
    For my patella fracture rehab I used a system called "Red Cord" it looks a lot like the stuff posted here. Basically they would have me put the ankle of my injured knee in a sling and do planks from all angles. I hated it, but I know it was good for me.
    I have the same problem, gonna look that up. Thanks bro

Posted On:
    3/08/2013 8:06am

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dy
    Quote Originally Posted by jdogdurden View Post
    I have the same problem, gonna look that up. Thanks bro
    You'll have to finda gym that has one as i hear the red cord system is really expensive. My knee is nearly %100 now a year and half later. My goal is to be able to do a full pistol squat on the injured leg,i can crank them out easy on the good leg. I still focus on my legs quite a bit i do squats, lunges, kettle bell swings, and 1 legged body weight box squats. My focus is different i train in the 10 or 12 rep range and I'm very cautious with my injury.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12