Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/09/2010 5:03pm

Style: Krotty/Crapple/Goonery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooded Justice View Post
    You can clearly see the mag has no tape on it. The next day on reddit I saw another pic posted that had the magazine inserted upside down in the duty m16. No pics of the officer, just the mag upside down in the rifle still in the patrol vehicle. You can physically jam the mag backwards in the rifle just enough to wedge it in place but again the amount of resistance should have signaled a problem.
    I'll take your word on the other picture then. I was just eyeballing the size of the mag and it looks like the lips of it are a cm at most inside the magwell. It seemed like the friction from that being able to hold it in was less likely than clear tape or something.

Perhaps some experimenting is called for.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/09/2010 5:17pm

Style: Karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by thatrugbyguy View Post
    From how for that mag is sticking out, there is no way that she jammed it in far enough not to fall out. The only plausible explanation I can think of is that she has two magazines taped together all suburban tacticool like.

Given the way she is holding the rifle, she'll probably need all 60 rounds.
    From the link provided by Scrapper above (emphasis mine):

We considered that there’s a good possibility that this photo could have been altered, making this story just another urban email legend. Our lead investigator then contacted the staff writer of the mentioned article. Their writer Chris Porter confirmed that this photo is in fact authentic. Chris Porter gave us permission to post his email response.

“Hi Bill,
    Believe me, you're not the first to ask about this photo. I didn't actually take it, though I did write the article right next to it. The photo was actually provided by a civilian who lived across the street from where the incident took place.

Long story short: Several Marble Falls police officers responded to a residence, where a man had barricaded himself inside with a gun. As you see, one of the officers jammed her ammo clip in the magazine port backwards. In talking to the police chief afterward, many other officers saw this and corrected her immediately, though by that time, the picture had already been taken.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123