Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

My Introduction and QUESTIONS FOR YOU

Hello Bullshido!

I am posting here because a) I want to get rid of that stupid message and b) I have a little question for you guys that might lead me to posting a thread.

I am an ex-member of the Jitsu Foundation, aka TJF, and I understand many of the people here don't like them. Your dislike is well-founded.

My only question is, if I posted a thread in YMAS where you got to ask me about what it was like being in the TJF for so long, best/worst moments, kind of a show/tell kind of thing, would any of you be interested? I was in it for about 5 years and really, I should have quit after three. Or the first session to be honest.

I am currently about to take up BJJ again (briefly did it, loved it) because I have little to do with my time right now and can't join a gym, and I love rolling with others. It's certainly a nice change from all those zombie punches from TJF days.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As a fellow previous TJF-er (though I got out much more quickly, thank Helio), I'd certainly be entertained/appalled by any horror stories you've got to share.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn View Post
    As a fellow previous TJF-er (though I got out much more quickly, thank Helio), I'd certainly be entertained/appalled by any horror stories you've got to share.
    I feel so terrible that I was in it for so long, that I actually thought I would be good at any sort of fighting. Then when I finally quit and did some BJJ and wrestling, that one time I did some boxing type sparring and I realised I didn't know ****.

Oh have a video maybe that will entice more people in:

YouTube- Introduction to Jiu Jitsu

Style
    Cross Fit, small arms.
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sold!! Cynthia Rothrock, judo chops, sped up comedy pushups and drinking lots of alchohol which you then have to work off.

More vids like that please!

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovacs View Post
    I'm sold!! Cynthia Rothrock, judo chops, sped up comedy pushups and drinking lots of alchohol which you then have to work off.

More vids like that please!
    *looks up Cynthia Rothrock* haha

One more video:

YouTube- The University of Reading Jitsu Club

EDIT: Oh and this one:

YouTube- Jitsu Session 1

So, is it worth me starting a thread in YMAS?
    Last edited by JudoA; 8/13/2010 11:06am at . Reason: Found another terrible video

Style
    Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh yes. Please do!

Some of the most amusing threads have been about experiences in Mcdojos and such. Check out I've started training at a McDojo! - No BS MMA and Martial Arts.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fug View Post
    Oh yes. Please do!

Some of the most amusing threads have been about experiences in Mcdojos and such. Check out I've started training at a McDojo! - No BS MMA and Martial Arts.
    Your wish is my command

Ask me about TJF aka "Jitsu" - No BS MMA and Martial Arts