Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Style
    Judo,YWR,Olympic Fencing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Most MMAists give you guys a bad name...

First post introduction! I have actually been lurking for a month or so. I have been interested in martial arts my whole life but for some reason have not really gotten into it until now. Well, I have been doing Olympic style fencing for six years now and still compete in that, but opinions vary on whether or not that counts. I have been in Youn Wha Ryu for a year now and found the posts here about it when searching for videos online. After reading all the stuff here I have decided that it does have value and to stick with it.

On to the topic of my title... every "MMA" practitioner I have met in person has been a meathead clown who thinks that if your face isn't bloody then you aren't learning anything. One guy even said, and I quote, "training is useless."

So thank you for being, for the most part, it seems, decent people and I hope I will enjoy my stay here.

Style
    In transition
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Were these "MMA" guys actually actively competing or were they just gym rats?

Because from my experience, only gym rats and UFC nutriders talk like that.

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off
    Style
    Combat Cuddling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well when you train striking you should get some bruises also a little blood never hurt anyone (except if you have aids). Welcome to bullshido, most people who train in alive martial arts that I've met have been genuinely humble people. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Style
    JKD, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you never get cut and bruised, you're probably not training hard. But that's not ALL it is.

The guys you've talked to sound like douchebags.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Style
    Aikido/JJJ/Judo/GoJu Ryu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hell I do aikido a lot and just from that I get jacked up all the time, small breaks, sprains, bruises, occasional cuts, hell lost my hearing for about 10 minutes at a seminar last weekend. And that's a cooperative gentle martial art. There's a difference between training rough ups and no-**** debilitating injuries. The jammed finger, black eye, bruise is to be expected. No biggie. A broken nose, finger or toe, torn toenail...sucks, but accidents happen. But people shouldn't be getting broken knees, major bones, etc....that should be vary rare, but it will happen. Hell my teacher was slowly doing O Gashi, I think just uchi komi, and his damn MCL snapped...probably from stress over years of training. Rare, but it happens.

Anyway, the whole MMA thing blowing up has created more guys wanting to do it than good places to train. Invariably there are a bunch of no-talent thugs who are just physical beasts and want to hit people. But more so, there are plenty of groups, gyms, and circuits out there with good dudes who just want to train hard, better themselves, and compete. A good friend of mine has a few fighters he trains and they are all good people...give you the shirt off their back if you needed it. And they actually compete, not just **** around taking up gym time and equipment all while looking cool in their Tap Out and Affliction ****.

Style
    Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thats ok, most TMAists give you guys a bad name by being passive aggressive whiny cuntsausages.

Style
    mma/thai/pai lum/etc.
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    was going to say it's a 2 way street on that venue.

Style
    Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    thats ok, most TMAists give you guys a bad name by being passive aggressive whiny cuntsausages.
    I've never thought of using **** & sausage together before, I approve of this cuntage!

Welcome wonky, were these mma practitioners wearing tapout shirts by any chance!

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood supporting member
    Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are they actually MMA practitioners or are they the sort of cunts who go around telling everyone they 'do cage fighting'?
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol, Alex!

Quote Originally Posted by wonkydog View Post
    On to the topic of my title... every "MMA" practitioner I have met in person has been a meathead clown who thinks that if your face isn't bloody then you aren't learning anything. One guy even said, and I quote, "training is useless."

So thank you for being, for the most part, it seems, decent people and I hope I will enjoy my stay here.
    Speaking of passive-aggressive...

Page 1 of 3 123 Last