Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/13/2002 6:59am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For the record, standard kevlar weave is notoriously bad against stabbing techniques delivered by humans. This is quite well documented. A thrust delivered by a human being perpetrates its force in a two-stage process that will penetrate kevlar armor quite handily.

The standard fix is to either include ceramic plates or to add additional layers to the kevlar. The first method makes for seriously added weight and the second method is twice as expensive and means additional discomfort thanks to weight and bulkiness.

As for electro-magnetic weapons, it is a concern. However, no electromagnetic device will stop a bullet from being fired. Bayonets and knives will continue to be a weapon of last resort.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/13/2002 7:26am

Style: Dynamic Combat,TaeKwondo,Judo,Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    test

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/13/2002 7:28am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok... so I can post now. It was saying error whenever I tried before. I agree with Boffo. I read of a soldier/cop praticing knife diarams and how he wanted his training partner to test out his new kevlar vest. So he told the guy to stab as hard as he could and the knife when right through and killed the guy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/13/2002 7:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By the way, that's a real interesting post there Mercurius. I hope soldiers start training in more realistic knife defenses and knife fighting meathods. There's an online version on the most recent Army training manual showing BJJ techniques (submissions, passing the guard, heel hooks, the whole nine yards) and other more sport oriented techniques. That crap is redicuals. They need to train in more realistic stuff for WAR not sport. The knife techniques and defenses are laughable. You can see the manual at the following address
    http://www.adtdl,army.mil/cgi-bin/atdl.dll/fm/3-25.150/toc.htm

I hope that link works for everyone.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/13/2002 7:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.adtdl.army.mil/cgi-bin/atdl.dll/fm/3-25.150/toc.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/13/2002 7:40am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok hit that second link. I put a comma where a period should've went.. Woops : )

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    11/13/2002 7:56am

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, an ice pick will pierce any body armor currently used by law enforcement, including dea.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    11/13/2002 3:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believe a society of knife carriers is not that far fetched. First of all knives are more easily accessible than guns. However, the problem is knife training. I am not just talking about defenses against a knife, but actual knife fighting. Too many martial art schools train in very hokey defense techniques against a knife and that is bad enough. However, very little (mostly FMA's) train to use the knife as a weapon. I feel to defend against a weapon, you should learn how the weapon works. There are some good tapes by Paladin as well as Michael DeAlba's Knife Fighting series is pretty good as well.

Jeremy M. Talbott
    http://www.homestead.com/koreanma/index.html
    http://www.geocities.com/jns1994/MSA.html
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/13/2002 3:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Effective blade fighting techniques were extensively field tested in Europe during the 15th-18th centuries :-) , its one of the reasons I appreciate fencing as a ma since a)there's no bull with hokey forms and b) techniques are taught in fencing only because they are effective. The central skills of measure, timing and technique in fencing would greatly aid any blade training programme.

Wandering Daoist

Posted On:
    11/13/2002 4:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Karate, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What I'm trying to get everyone to consider is, what if these two factors came together?

In the city, everyone might be wearing bulletproof stuff, how practical is it to have a gun?

In the army, how can we use technological weapons to attack someone with e-bombs? Would we have to go back further than modern, non-electronic weapons when our enemies are wearing the cheap, easily accessible bulletproof materials of the future?

--------------------
    And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "The morning glory blooms for an hour. It differs not at heart from the giant pine, which lives for a thousand years."
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast