Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/24/2010 5:41pm

Style: Hapkido/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

New HKD rules

Hi, I am going to be fighting at the IHKDF triennials in battle creek, this is the first time that it has been held outside korea. The sparring rules are new to me, it has both hard contact and takedowns. I am comfortable with takedowns and have been landing some good ones in practice, my limited judo training has been invaluable.

I was hoping that somebody could give me some sort of an idea on what the competition will be like and maybe give me some pointers, this is my first time fighting under these rules. The major problem I forsee is that punches to the head are illegal, so I will probally be DQd first round but it should still be a fun weekend.

Here, hold these for me.

Posted On:
    8/09/2010 1:47pm

Join us... or die
     Style: jkd concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How did it turn out?
    SEANBABY:
    "The seventh law of thermodynamics is that every time a fat person gets near a trapdoor, they fall in. Itís the closest thing we have to scientific proof of God."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/09/2010 7:53pm

Style: Hapkido/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was a fun weekend. They ended up having to eliminate all head contact after one of the younger kids got knocked out during sparring. Most of the americans dropped out due to the last minute rule change, so I ended up with a silver.

This was the first time I got to hit somebody as hard as I could in the ring, I think Im hooked.