Thread: Finger Sprain

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Finger Sprain

So I sprained my finger a few weeks ago, I think I hit a punch-bag wrong. Anyway, it was minor so I figured it would heal up. However, while sometimes I can't feel it at all, at other times it hurts, particularly when I punch or grab hard. Does anyone have any ideas as to how to sort this out or experience with similar 'injuries'?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go see your doc and see what he says. Preferably a sports doc if you got one...if its that big a deal. That being said, understand sprains generally take longer to heal than breaks. I broke a toe and sprained my middle finger in May; my toe has been fine for awhile while my finger, although fully functioning, is still slightly stiff and even a little bit swollen still. Anyway, I'm just giving you my latest experience...I don't rate a professional opinion or anything.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daishi View Post
    Go see your doc and see what he says. Preferably a sports doc if you got one...if its that big a deal. That being said, understand sprains generally take longer to heal than breaks. I broke a toe and sprained my middle finger in May; my toe has been fine for awhile while my finger, although fully functioning, is still slightly stiff and even a little bit swollen still. Anyway, I'm just giving you my latest experience...I don't rate a professional opinion or anything.
    Thanks. Yeah I'm just worried that I'm making it worse by continuing to use it or something, though I'm not doing anything that would put strain on the fingers specifically.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its gonna be hard to 'not use' that finger if you're using your hand at all. You could try taping it its neighboring finger to help stabilize and prevent movement.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Finger sprains will tend to plague you for ages no mater what you do.